Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: PRESTIDIGITATION  (Read 23707 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:PRESTIDIGITATION
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2004, 11:15:32 PM »

And one for G.M!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2004, 11:23:56 PM »

Kristin didn't do West End Avenue, she did Lion Tamer, brilliantly I might add.  Alice Ripley did West End, brilliantly, too.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2004, 11:35:20 PM »

Kristin didn't do West End Avenue, she did Lion Tamer, brilliantly I might add.  Alice Ripley did West End, brilliantly, too.
I corrected, before reading your correction.

Great album.  There's only one track I dislike, and that's because I dislike the song.  More accurately, I don't like "Meadowlark's" lyric.  Wonderful melody, and Susan Egan sings it beautifully, but I can't get over how the song is about a woman finding a reason to make the wrong choice in her life.  But there's lots of people who love the song; beyond the two cast albums of The Baker's Wife, it's on three other discs I own.  Consider me a horseracer.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2004, 11:37:34 PM »

Yes, Lion Tamer is wonderful. I've listened to it dozens of times in the car.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2004, 11:44:55 PM »

Time for a short break.  I'll be back after the new notes go up...or maybe a little later.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2004, 11:57:01 PM »

Great album.  There's only one track I dislike, and that's because I dislike the song.  More accurately, I don't like "Meadowlark's" lyric.  Wonderful melody, and Susan Egan sings it beautifully, but I can't get over how the song is about a woman finding a reason to make the wrong choice in her life.  But there's lots of people who love the song; beyond the two cast albums of The Baker's Wife, it's on three other discs I own.  Consider me a horseracer.

I have 14 different recordings of this song. ::)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 11:57:37 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up