Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FLICKS  (Read 9437 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: FLICKS
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:25 AM »

Family has started to arrive for the impending Reed graduation of our niece.  We will be having a huge party over here on Sunday, which is of course Mother's Day.  Betsy's present is getting to cook for 20 people.  :)

Lucky Betsy.  Are you supplementing any of the food with goodies from my favorite market?

Jane

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:54 AM »

Family has started to arrive for the impending Reed graduation of our niece.  We will be having a huge party over here on Sunday, which is of course Mother's Day.  Betsy's present is getting to cook for 20 people.  :)

Is she a single Reed or a double Reed?

She's a biologist, which I believe makes her a Nerd.  :)

;D

Jane

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012, 10:19:18 AM »

Why I Love Zach Department:  we had been experiencing this weird puddle of water under our refrigerator and I knew it had something to do with the auto defrost but couldn't figure it out (nor could two repairmen).  Well the other day I heard the trickle of water from the defrost, got a flashlight and discovered due to the engineering prowess of Whirlpool Corporation, the little tray they have in there to catch the effluent doesn't go far back enough to be totally under the tube that discharges the water.

So today I rigged up a bent piece of cardboard, stuck it in a Ziploc bag and had Zach shove it in the tray, dangling over the back lip so that any water will fall on it then drain into the tray.  I thought it was quite a brilliant lo-fi solution. Zach looked at me and said, "You know this is our most ghetto repair yet."  :)

Ghetto repair ?  Where does that come from? ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2012, 10:30:39 AM »

Why I Love Zach Department:  we had been experiencing this weird puddle of water under our refrigerator and I knew it had something to do with the auto defrost but couldn't figure it out (nor could two repairmen).  Well the other day I heard the trickle of water from the defrost, got a flashlight and discovered due to the engineering prowess of Whirlpool Corporation, the little tray they have in there to catch the effluent doesn't go far back enough to be totally under the tube that discharges the water.

So today I rigged up a bent piece of cardboard, stuck it in a Ziploc bag and had Zach shove it in the tray, dangling over the back lip so that any water will fall on it then drain into the tray.  I thought it was quite a brilliant lo-fi solution. Zach looked at me and said, "You know this is our most ghetto repair yet."  :)
"Ghetto Repairs" -- the title of my next novel.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2012, 10:33:53 AM »

Is anybody familiar with the greeting card app on facebook?  It is really bugging the crap out of me.

Someone had sent me one and now this app has my info. Which i wouldn't mind except that it has selectively decided to send some of my friends cards. This i do not like.

It sent my aunt one today. It shows 4 people on a list that have birthdays coming up in the next few weeks. Beside that it says "send them a card.". That part is blank. So i didn't think it would send them cards. But obviously it is planning on it.

And i really don't want it to do this. Their help feature is not helpful at all. There was an email feature which i used. I guess if they don't respond then i will just disable it. There should be a much easier way to do this especially since i never signed up for this app (only read a card sent to me).

Does anybody know anything about what i should do?

If there is a way to "unlike" might be a way to stop it.

When someone sends me something and the app wants access to my info I refuse it.

You can't unlike it.  Normally i would also refuse an app. But it was a birthday card.

Anyhow if they don't email me back today then i will block the app. I find it really ridiculous that they would send cards without your permission.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2012, 10:36:47 AM »

Is anybody familiar with the greeting card app on facebook?  It is really bugging the crap out of me.

Someone had sent me one and now this app has my info. Which i wouldn't mind except that it has selectively decided to send some of my friends cards. This i do not like.

It sent my aunt one today. It shows 4 people on a list that have birthdays coming up in the next few weeks. Beside that it says "send them a card.". That part is blank. So i didn't think it would send them cards. But obviously it is planning on it.

And i really don't want it to do this. Their help feature is not helpful at all. There was an email feature which i used. I guess if they don't respond then i will just disable it. There should be a much easier way to do this especially since i never signed up for this app (only read a card sent to me).

Does anybody know anything about what i should do?

I would think if someone sent you an app you would have the option to decline it.

It was a birthday card which i opened at the time. But now it has a list of people on my friend's list who have birthdays (not all just a few).

It should have a list but it should give you the option to send or not send the card. I feel bad because it sent my aunt a card from me and she thinks i actually sent it. But i don't want it sending cards to random people from me. So i think i will have to block the app.  I find it ridiculous.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2012, 10:40:24 AM »

I'm up - guess I really needed to sleep, and thankfully I somehow sensed I should get out of bed since I have to meet Juliana in twenty-five minutes.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2012, 10:49:16 AM »

DR's with dogs are you keeping up with the latest dog food recalls?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2012, 11:03:42 AM »

Busy day. Busy, busy, busy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2012, 11:19:11 AM »

I am back from the laundromat. The alarming news of the morning is that one of my neighbors posted a note in the elevator: yesterday afternoon, the door of his and his partner's apartment was spray painted. I wonder if it's a hate crime following Obama's pro-gay marriage stand? I do hope not. I'm sorry this has happened to two really wonderful and talented guys and I'm wondering if this vandalism was performed by another tenant in the building.

That's terrible! >:(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2012, 11:31:13 AM »

I applaud the two brave ladies who were arrested in North Carolina today for applying for a marriage license. It's bad enough that the Republicans keep throwing a White Anglo Saxon Protestant and a Catholic God into laws concerning a nation of many religions but it's sadder that so many assholes believe it should be this way.and support what I can only call a criminal state of affairs.

End of soapbox!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:59:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »

That seems drastic.  Did they know they would be arrested?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2012, 12:00:08 PM »

It seems DR td's mother isn't doing well.  I only know she had a bad week, not what is wrong.

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR THE DM OF DR TD!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2012, 12:02:58 PM »

I loved Flicks when I was a kid.  Those foil-covered tubes made the candy seem special, some how.  Looking at them on line, I doubt they still would sell for ten cents a tube.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:46:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2012, 12:05:02 PM »

Has anyone here bought a car using Costco?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2012, 12:08:05 PM »

That seems drastic.  Did they know they would be arrested?

I'm sure they did. I didn't say they were stupid lesbians. I'm sure it was to begin something to chllenge the stupidity of the new law.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »

I would think all they could do is turn them down for a marriage license.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2012, 12:12:34 PM »

And Fizzies were the ultimate during the summer.  I don't even reember if the stores sold Fizzies all year long.  I always thought that root beer was the best, because it was almost like having a real can of soda.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:52:59 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2012, 12:13:13 PM »

Has anyone here bought a car using Costco?

Yes!  Of course, it was 14 years ago (next month) and I still have the car! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2012, 12:14:16 PM »

I can't imagine that the state would have any reason to actually arrest them.

Laura

« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2012, 12:14:36 PM »

Wow, George. I wonder if the whole procedure has changed. Did you like the way it operated back then?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »

BK, I think you should serve Fizzies at this year's Christmas Eve soiree!  How retro!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

I just Googled myself to find that I am one of the busiest professional drummers in the Florida Keys.  This may be why I am so tired this morning.  Here I am playing drums at the Tiki Bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-Gor5LfAPQ

Looking good, Jrand.
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2012, 12:28:38 PM »

They were arrested because they refused to leave the premises after they were refused the right to apply for a marriage license, and yes, they planned on doing it so they could begin the process to challenge the hateful, mean-spirited Constitutional Amendment just passed in North Carolina.

George

« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »

Wow, George. I wonder if the whole procedure has changed. Did you like the way it operated back then?

Well, I don't think that I did it the way that you were supposed to do it.  My former car died and I went with my sister to a local dealer and took a test drive.  I went back the next day with my mom and she mentioned that I had a Costco card.  The guy said "no problem" and took care of everything.  I just paid $100 over their invoice price (that was the Costco deal).  Essentially, it worked out because the particular Ford dealer that I just happened to go to was a participating dealer.

I just found this link about How the Program Works.

And yes, I like the way that it worked back then. ;)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:34:38 PM by George »

George

« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2012, 12:33:59 PM »

They were arrested because they refused to leave the premises after they were refused the right to apply for a marriage license, and yes, they planned on doing it so they could begin the process to challenge the hateful, mean-spirited Constitutional Amendment just passed in North Carolina.

Ahh...well, good for them! :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2012, 12:36:39 PM »

It seems DR td's mother isn't doing well.  I only know she had a bad week, not what is wrong.

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR THE DM OF DR TD!!!

Health vibes for the dear mother of DR TD.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2012, 12:43:53 PM »

JohnG., TIME AFTER TIME is one of my top-ten all-time favorite films.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2012, 12:44:40 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up