Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LESSON LEARNED  (Read 9279 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LESSON LEARNED
« on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a lesson and learned from it, and now it is time for you to post until the learned cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LESSON LEARNED
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 12:03:50 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROROGUE!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 02:26:06 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 03:19:26 AM »

Indeed, it is morning.  And early, for me, anyway.

FJL

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 03:20:10 AM »

In honor of the East Coast singer seeing FOLLIES last night:

Hi Ben

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 04:11:33 AM »

Good mornng, all! My last dream before my alarm sounded had an all-star cast and something to do with the review HELLZAPOPPIN but it's all to vague now. It's kind of like my day; I think I'm going to City Center to see Joshie and order paper for the DEAREST ENEMY orchestra parts, but nothing is confirmed yet. If this falls apart, I'll spend the afternoonat the Lincoln Center NYPL, learning what I can about the 1917 production of EILEEN, qhixh is giving me pressure about completing itsnotes before June 25.

On the famous office front, all hell again breaks loose, thanks ro what I consider the adverse side of the Man from Philadelpha. I think it's locked in, then he starts fretting and frittering and  nothing seems certain. Luckily, this destructive personality only reveals itself at peculiar and infrequent moments. but I fear he's going to kibosh the office situation completely if he keeps this madness going. Until that leases is signed, which should have happened two weeks ago,  life is hell. Keep them office vibes coming!

I have very little more to report: I'm overworked and I need an intern or an office; I survived the weekend, which was constructive and I accomplished much; ROBERTA is on course, if not where I'd like it to be because of the DEAREST ENEMY and EILEEN work; the DEAREST ENEMY prnting situation continues to be frustrating, primarily because we have no work space, no printing equipment, and I'm relying on the kindness of friends.  Color me discontent or frustrated.

Yet, I get out of bed and continue to chip away at the obstacles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good Week Vibes to everyone! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 04:46:40 AM »

I had a dream just before I woke up in which my sister in law reluctantly slapped her dog for doing something wrong and the dog turned into a monkey and then another monkey began comforting the one which was slapped. Make what you want out of that!

Doug R

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 04:47:13 AM »

After two days of mild sunny weather, the cold and rain is back!

Doug R

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »

TOD:

WAR OF THE WORLDS

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 04:48:55 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »

I had a dream just before I woke up in which my sister in law reluctantly slapped her dog for doing something wrong and the dog turned into a monkey and then another monkey began comforting the one which was slapped. Make what you want out of that!
I was going to make some comment about spanking a monkey, but I thought better of it.  ;D
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 04:50:17 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good Week Vibes to everyone! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And may your week be anything but blue!
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:58 AM »

OMG! It's slapping the monkey in a Freudian slip!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 04:58:20 AM »

I was going to make some comment about spanking a monkey, but I thought better of it.  ;D

Didn't stop me!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 05:37:03 AM »

Today is Monday - a day for shopping & banking. 

Two interesting dreams.....in the posts above.....but the Dream-O-Matic 6000 is not on this morning....perhaps as the day goes along.

DR CHAS SMITH - I think Merman was a week long guest hostess on the Mike Douglas rather than the Merv Griffin show, but I could be wrong.....I have been before, many times.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2012, 05:37:40 AM »

TOD:

The Undead by Mr Ronald Stein

I have my favorite score ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN thanks  to MR BK and his Ronald Stein CD from the last century.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2012, 05:37:50 AM »

BBL

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2012, 05:38:03 AM »

Oh...first.....Office Vibes for DR ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 05:51:14 AM »

Oh!  DR LAURA that was a lovely photo of your mother you posted yesterday!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:48 AM »

And the word of the day is: PROROGUE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  T'MORRA' T'MORRA'

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 05:56:28 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH - I think Merman was a week long guest hostess on the Mike Douglas rather than the Merv Griffin show, but I could be wrong.....I have been before, many times.

Thank you!  As I typed that, I had the nagging feeling that it might have been another show, but my brain came up with Merv Griffin's name and decided to take the rest of the night off.  Mike Douglas sounds EXACTLY right.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2012, 06:22:48 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's kind of cool and gloomy here in SW Ohio and my allergies are on a rampage.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2012, 06:23:36 AM »

DR Ginny, what did you think of the HUNGER GAMES?

Jennifer

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2012, 06:27:47 AM »

Last night DR CILLALIZ wrote this re: LAST NIGHT's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

I read spoilers a couple weeks ago.  I was very happy to watch Lisa Lampinelli go home and will be happy when the next one goes home too.  I don't really think the final two are the strongest players, but it will be fun to watch them do the final challenge

I was happy with one of the finalists. Have really enjoyed Clay this season.  I do not at all think that Arsenio should be in the finals. I just don't get it at all.  I understand if Trump does not want Aubrey to be his apprentice. But to say she is simply too young ... that was not a reason to me to get rid of her.  She was so much stronger than Arsenio. And to fire Lisa because she cried in the boardroom? If he wanted to fire her because she yelled at Dayana that would have been acceptable to me. But to me the 2 women were the strongest players this season.  I really hope that Clay wins.  And to pick Aubrey last? And to pick Adam first?

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2012, 06:35:56 AM »

DR Ginny, what did you think of the HUNGER GAMES?

DR Jennifer, I think the premise is pretty sick and I was depressed throughout my reading.  Both of my book groups are reading it for May, so we'll see if my friends can enlighten me this Thursday or on the 30th.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2012, 06:53:19 AM »

The outer Critics Circle Awards. I'm happy for my friends Danny Burstein and Judy Kaye! http://playbill.com/news/article/165909-Outer-Critics-Circle-Winners-Announced-Once-and-One-Man-Two-Guvnors-Are-Top-Winners

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:16 AM »

TOD:

I can't think of any soundtrack to a sci-fi or horror film that I would want to own, 1950s or otherwise.

On the other hand, thank you BK for informing me that my all time favorite score, RUN OF THE ARROW by Victor Young, is now available on CD.  A copy is now in my library.
You can dream…or you can do.

Kerry

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2012, 07:08:12 AM »

It's Monday again-- how'd we get another one of these so quickly?
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2012, 07:28:20 AM »

You Can't Make This Stuff Up Department:  in this morning's Oregonian, an AP story tells of the lawsuit filed by some survivors of a capsizing of a small boat who are suing a cruise line for not stopping to help them.  They were stranded in the ocean for weeks and two of them died.  The man who ultimately found them?  A Portland man named (wait for it) Gilligan.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2012, 07:40:43 AM »

I'm back.  What a weekend.  Long and filled with necessary things.   And now it's Monday, again.  Time for more necessary things and maybe things that are unnecessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up