Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LESSON LEARNED  (Read 9343 times)

Laura

Re: LESSON LEARNED
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2012, 04:12:55 PM »

I've been there, too. Too many times.

(((((Jane)))))
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2012, 04:17:43 PM »

Last night DR CILLALIZ wrote this re: LAST NIGHT's CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

I read spoilers a couple weeks ago.  I was very happy to watch Lisa Lampinelli go home and will be happy when the next one goes home too.  I don't really think the final two are the strongest players, but it will be fun to watch them do the final challenge

I was happy with one of the finalists. Have really enjoyed Clay this season.  I do not at all think that Arsenio should be in the finals. I just don't get it at all.  I understand if Trump does not want Aubrey to be his apprentice. But to say she is simply too young ... that was not a reason to me to get rid of her.  She was so much stronger than Arsenio. And to fire Lisa because she cried in the boardroom? If he wanted to fire her because she yelled at Dayana that would have been acceptable to me. But to me the 2 women were the strongest players this season.  I really hope that Clay wins.  And to pick Aubrey last? And to pick Adam first?

Neither Aubrey nor Lisa have the right temperment to be the apprentice. I think that's the real reason they are gone.  I like Arsenio's style. Sometimes the best leader is the one who delegates to the people who can do the best job and doesn't micro-manage what they are doing.  I think that's more his style.  I like Clay, but he's a little too wound up for me. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »

So true Chas.  It wasn't that long ago we lost our last dog and cat which makes this even harder.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2012, 04:18:12 PM »

(((((Jane)))))

I'm sure with all your multiple pets at one time, just like us.  Sherlock is the first only fur child we have ever had.

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2012, 04:20:20 PM »

DR Jane, reading that you said goodby today brought tears to my eyes.  I am so sorry.  My deepest sympathy to you both

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2012, 04:25:29 PM »

I finally saw the Cats 101 on Javanese cats the other day and bingo....it's Ricky all the way.  There was one photo that was shown that could have been a photo of him. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »

My mom thought that dancing with the stars was over.  She even put away her folder with all her notes and stats and scores since DWS began.  I had to convince her it was the final 4.  She started to believe me when she had no idea who won, but since she forgets a lot these days, she said she just thought she forgot. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:03 PM »

DR Ginny,  I reread my old post.  I didn't mean to imply that DR Sam doesn't think you are cute, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2012, 04:28:25 PM »

I'm looking forward to SMASH tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2012, 04:29:04 PM »

It was 85 today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: May 14, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »

I'm looking forward to SMASH tonight. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »

We had another productive day at the office.  I think I'll be in really good shape when I head to Memphis later this week.  Got the cat/house sitter all lined up.

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2012, 05:06:12 PM »

I had no idea how stressed I was until I started unwinding.  I'll be out of the office two days this week and am doing a one day seminar followed by a 5 day memorial day weekend staycation when I will work on the house and relax and just do whatever I please. 

Jennifer

« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2012, 05:41:41 PM »

Tonight is the SMASH season finale - and the GOSSIP GIRL season finale - and several other season finales.....it must be May.

I am going to try to watch both of those season finales tonight.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #104 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:36 PM »

I'm looking forward to SMASH tonight. 

Me, too!  But I have to record it.  I'm off to rehearsal for "Goodbye Moon."  My first time actually being in control of the microphone volume levels!  Hopefully, I can learn it quickly enough.

Be back later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: May 14, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »

RE: THE CELEBRITY APPRENTICE

Neither Aubrey nor Lisa have the right temperment to be the apprentice. I think that's the real reason they are gone.  I like Arsenio's style. Sometimes the best leader is the one who delegates to the people who can do the best job and doesn't micro-manage what they are doing.  I think that's more his style.  I like Clay, but he's a little too wound up for me. 

I wish he had just said if he didn't think they had the right temperments. At least that i could have respected. I don't mind Arsenio's management style in this final task. It is sort of neat that he doesn't micro-manage. But I just feel that he didn't do enough leading up to the finale.

He totally went ballistic on Aubrey, which was pretty bad. And he also often didn't seem like he was giving 100%. He wasn't creative, didn't offer opinions. At least people like Penn, Lisa, Clay ... they are always super involved in every task. I just felt like some of the time Arsenio would just sit there and not offer much.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:33 PM »

I'm looking forward to SMASH tonight

Me too. I am definitely going to stay up after DWTS and watch this.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2012, 05:48:03 PM »

My mom thought that dancing with the stars was over.  She even put away her folder with all her notes and stats and scores since DWS began.  I had to convince her it was the final 4.  She started to believe me when she had no idea who won, but since she forgets a lot these days, she said she just thought she forgot. 

I brought my bike to one of my mom's friend's husbands today. He tightened my brakes for me. Anyhow his wife is a big DWTS fan and she wanted me to tell her who was going home this week.

I told her that they hadn't even danced yet.  I think a lot depends on the choreography, and how their dances go over with the judges and audience. No way to predict yet.

Danise

« Reply #108 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:35 PM »

I just read about Dear Dog Sherlock on Facebook.  I can't even think of any words to express my feelings.  I'm just so very sorry for your loss.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #109 on: May 14, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

((((((Jane)))))) and (((((Keith))))) and (((((Family))))).
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: May 14, 2012, 05:57:11 PM »

Here is something that hopefully will make DR Jane smile.

Jadie's 3rd birthday is on Thursday (but she doesn't really understand the concept of time).

So she wakes up today and says to my sister, "Happy Mother's Day!". My sister tells her that it isn't Mother's Day (that was yesterday).

So my niece says all happy, "does that mean I'm three then?" :)

Danise

« Reply #111 on: May 14, 2012, 05:58:18 PM »

I have no idea in hell how this office megillah is going to end, but I am sure sick of the stress! It continues, and I am so hoping it doesn't end badly.

What's next?
Some fresh Hell, no doubt.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #112 on: May 14, 2012, 06:42:59 PM »

(((((Jane)))))

I'm sure with all your multiple pets at one time, just like us.  Sherlock is the first only fur child we have ever had.

:'(
You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: May 14, 2012, 06:46:10 PM »

DR Jane, reading that you said goodby today brought tears to my eyes.  I am so sorry.  My deepest sympathy to you both

Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: May 14, 2012, 06:47:18 PM »

I just read about Dear Dog Sherlock on Facebook.  I can't even think of any words to express my feelings.  I'm just so very sorry for your loss.

Thank you.  I didn't realize I was too subtle this morning.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: May 14, 2012, 06:47:53 PM »

Here is something that hopefully will make DR Jane smile.

Jadie's 3rd birthday is on Thursday (but she doesn't really understand the concept of time).

So she wakes up today and says to my sister, "Happy Mother's Day!". My sister tells her that it isn't Mother's Day (that was yesterday).

So my niece says all happy, "does that mean I'm three then?" :)

Yes it did make me smile. :)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: May 14, 2012, 06:54:48 PM »

Elmore, I got my package from the McGlinnventory. Can't wait to start reading my new treasures.

Unfortunately, I will have to wait until I finish this paper. Just got in from making Braille books and I need to get started on it again. Made it to page 29 last night.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #117 on: May 14, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »

Elmore, I do hope your office problems get worked out for the best.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DR Iris

« Reply #118 on: May 14, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

DR Jane....

Very sorry to hear your sad news.
Sending sympathy and hugs to you and your family.

John G.

« Reply #119 on: May 14, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »

TOD: I wish I knew more 1950s sci-fi  movies, but I would assume the scores to my favorites were all on CD, like "Forbidden Planet" and "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up