Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BERRIES  (Read 8282 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE BERRIES
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2012, 07:14:41 AM »

Vixmom, typically the earnest money is held in escrow until closing.  But because the buyers put so little down (way less than 1%), our realtor added a clause that they had to release those funds as soon as the appraisal came in.  It kind of "hooks" them into the deal, or at the very least gives us a pittance for our time and trouble should the deal not close.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2012, 07:17:41 AM »

I saw it only once and have just about no memory of it at all, but I'm very interesting in seeing again THE REINCARNATION OF PETER PROUD, which appears to be astoundingly unavailable.  Anyhoo, was it scary?

JMK

« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:26 AM »

BK, I'm curious about something.  I noticed the new La La Land release of Rosemary's Baby has the Universal Special Markets logo.  When did UMG acquire Dot/Paramount catalog assets?  I can't keep these mergers straight anymore.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2012, 07:20:55 AM »

Good late morning.

TOD:  Someone said drowning, above.  I'd have to go along with that, and add claustrophobia.  I've oft felt that if you wanted to finish me off but good, burial alive -- not necessarily Poe style, but you know, any kind of tight situation, might just do it.

As for critters and such:  Rats, phooey.  Make it creepy crawlies.  Spiders.  Certain insects.  Sea creatures.

Oh boy.  Time to go downstairs for another cup of coffee and get off this subject!

Kerry

« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2012, 07:21:48 AM »

Vibes for oh so many!
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

We have errands to run and things to do.

There is a street fair on  6th Avenue between 14th Street and 23rd Street. Ugh, I have grown to hate them. They are nothing but a bother.

We watched one episode of a Britcom/dramadey called Cheers and Tears. We took it out because one of the stars is Martin Clunes. There are three episodes. We only watched one. We both found that, while it had moments, it's filled with annoying people doing stupid things and the fun moments were outweighed by the silliness. I'll return it to the library today. Nothing lost but 90 minutes on a Friday evening.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2012, 07:30:59 AM »

TOD: Probably being buried alive, though heights are fairly scary, too. I've confronted the last fear by periodically doing something such as skydiving, hang gliding, or ziplining. I've never asked to be interred, however. Think I'll skip that one.  ;)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2012, 07:35:16 AM »

In theory, street fairs should be lovable things, right? -- but they're really all the same, aren't they?  Same vendors, with the same foodstuffs and trinkets?  Haven't been to one in years.

Ben

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »

In theory, street fairs should be lovable things, right? -- but they're really all the same, aren't they?  Same vendors, with the same foodstuffs and trinkets?  Haven't been to one in years.

Yes, they should be likeable/loveable. When I first moved to NY 32 years ago they were an enjoyable diversion. Then they started happening every weekend and 2 or 3 companies control them and they are all the same. The same sock vendors, the same sheet vendors, the same food vendors, the same everything vendors. There is no unique feel to any of them. The vendors that are out here today will be at a different location tomorrow and for all of the summer and into the fall. All they do is block traffic and make a mess of the street for a few hours.

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2012, 07:47:17 AM »

In that sense they're exactly like the little carnivals out here in the sticks that are set up and run by the same couple of companies.  Sad.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2012, 08:05:15 AM »

Good morning.  Off to a 5 hour Grease rehearsal this morning.  Which equates to 5 hours of chaos.  I just sit at the piano and be patient.  Perhaps I'll post from the chaos.

JMK

« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2012, 08:20:40 AM »

I remember a NYC street fair from my childhood when I was back staying with my Uncles.  I think it was in Little Italy and for a youngish kid like I was, it was incredible.  I had never seen anything like it before and just remember walking through the throngs of people, amazed at the colors and sounds.

JMK

« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »

I still remember it was a really hot and humid summer day, but there was a nice breeze blowing and the fair had all these little colorful pennants strung up between buildings over the street, and they were all fluttering in the wind.

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 08:23:26 AM »

You can't even walk through the Little Italy one.  You can only make forward progress by letting yourself be carried along by the crowd.  I'd always wanted to go to that one, and did one day maybe a decade ago.  Never again.  I did always love how they crammed in that ferris wheel.

Jennifer

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2012, 08:35:42 AM »

Vibes for DR Mike~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »

DR Jane I have definitely read THE OTHER DAUGHTER. But I would have to see the summary to see which book it is.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »

It is so nice and sunny here today. I think we are supposed to get quite a few really nice days. And a few scorchers too.

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 08:42:49 AM »

Since both DR Jane and DR Vixmom had no clue what I was talking about I wonder if there is a different term in the US. It is not done so much now but we did it a lot when I was little. At least one person takes the birthday person's head and at least one person takes their legs. And you lift them horizontally in the air. Once for each year and then once for good luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »

TOD:

During my 30+ years as a Hollywood publicist, my worst fear was that somebody might discover that I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 08:45:16 AM »

Yes, the San Gennaro (sp) Festival (the Little Italy location) is not at all fun. As Chas said, you can't really move. You are swept along by hordes or people eating bad food and pretending they are Italian.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 08:55:42 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's another gorgeous day here in SW Ohio.  As soon as I finish the grocery receipt project for church, I will do a couple of small errands and finalize my packing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2012, 08:58:26 AM »

I have finished the Act One libretto fixes, and I think it's time to walk down to the film. I may stop at the Juilliard book store and browse a bit as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »

Enjoy your Saturday, DR Elmore.  I'll call you tomorrow evening!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 09:05:12 AM »

Enjoy your Saturday, DR Elmore.  I'll call you tomorrow evening!

I may be at a party at Steve Ross' place, if I don't pick up.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 09:08:21 AM »

Mutant Girls Squad sounds a bit too restrained for my liking.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »

JMK, the Dot catalog has been Universal's for a very long time, certainly over twenty years.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2012, 09:11:51 AM »

I'm up - I slept right until the doorbell rang.  But I, like elmore, did not sleep so well - I drank too much liquid last night and was up about seven times during the night.

FJL

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2012, 09:13:34 AM »

Did someone say rats?

A LITTLE RAT MUSIC

WILLARD THE RAT BOY _ THE TONGUE-IN-CHEEK TRAILER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLhFgSZYHw

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2012, 09:24:03 AM »

TOD:

During my 30+ years as a Hollywood publicist, my worst fear was that somebody might discover that I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

::)

However seriously you may or may not have meant that, I honestly don't think that's such an unusual or uncommon fear.   8)

JMK

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2012, 09:42:19 AM »

JMK, the Dot catalog has been Universal's for a very long time, certainly over twenty years.

Shows you how far behind I am.  :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up