Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OWWWW GARN  (Read 7970 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: OWWWW GARN
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

Page five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012, 08:13:24 PM »

Got home around noon today.  The flight was smooth even though it was very windy.   Got my laundry done and spent time with the cats. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2012, 08:13:40 PM »

I was happy about the winner of Celebrity Apprentice.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »

Had a lovely afternoon out.  Lunch, shopping and great company.  Now were home with nibblies and a movie.  I fear it's GI Joe, it's the DP's mom's choice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 20, 2012, 08:37:03 PM »

Here's the poster for JUBILEE in London.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »

The party was interesting. Sheila Smith and her husband were great and I love the great MD Jack Lee. I have worked with George S. Irving and I love his work, but i don't think I like him much personally. I hd nice visits with Michael Feingold and Jack Lee. I saw Zak Stains there. At the end of the night we saw a new documentary about Doris Eaton Travis, who died last year at 106. Her first Broadway show was the Zeigfeld Follies of 1918. Her sister Mary Eaton sang the Victor Herbert song "When The Right One Comes Along" in the Follies.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2012, 08:43:47 PM »

Finished the van Veeteren film - excellent.  Five more to go.  Naturally, two Wallander actors were in it - one of the regulars and one of the guest stars.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2012, 08:44:22 PM »

I did doze off for about an hour, so it was suddenly dark out when I woke up.  Now I suppose I'll watch Mad Men, then do some more work.

John G.

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2012, 08:59:29 PM »

The party was interesting. Sheila Smith and her husband were great and I love the great MD Jack Lee. I have worked with George S. Irving and I love his work, but i don't think I like him much personally. I hd nice visits with Michael Feingold and Jack Lee. I saw Zak Stains there. At the end of the night we saw a new documentary about Doris Eaton Travis, who died last year at 106. Her first Broadway show was the Zeigfeld Follies of 1918. Her sister Mary Eaton sang the Victor Herbert song "When The Right One Comes Along" in the Follies.
Sounds like fun.

And the poster is great. Third billing after Cole Porter and Moss Hart. That's tremendous.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2012, 09:05:28 PM »

I had only six people this afternoon, but all of them were very good.....and so I could cast HALF the show already.....we shall see who shows up tomorrow evening.

So far - so good.

It is 90 degrees here!  Very Warm for May.

Ahhhhh a musical reference
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2012, 09:09:45 PM »

Night, all.

Mike, I hope you're feeling better.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »

Re: CELEB APPRENTICE

I was happy about the winner of Celebrity Apprentice.

I had a feeling that was what he was going to do. Sometimes i think he decides based on emotion vs talent.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2012, 09:31:21 PM »

Sunday Show Vibes for DR GEORGE.

Today at 3 p.m. EDST is the first session of auditions for THE CURIOUS SAVAGE which I am directing.  I hope to have a good turnout today....although I also have another session tomorrow at 7 p.m.

Thanks, Jack!  It actually went quite well today.  All of my sound cues were executed perfectly...for once. ;) Now, I just have to remember everything for Thursday's show.

And Audition Break Legs Vibes to you! 

Today was the first "Titus" auditions for Theater Artists Olympia, but the show and the auditions overlapped.  I'm going to tomorrow night's audition.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2012, 09:34:20 PM »

George, one assumes the stage adaptation is somewhat longer than the "source novel".  ;)

Yes...quite a bit longer.  About a dozen songs expand the evening to a two act, full-length theater experience. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2012, 09:38:01 PM »

I am hurting, quite a bit, at the moment.  I thnk I will go back to bed.

~~~Continued Vibes for DR TCB!!~~~

George

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2012, 09:41:35 PM »

I met my friend this morning to see "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel."  I really loved it!  Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy, Penelope Wilton (Dame Maggie's nemesis on "Downton Abbey) are all great!

I want to see this!

George

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2012, 09:42:20 PM »

I just read Robin Gibb lost his battle with cancer. :(

I'd read that earlier today.

George

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:01 PM »

Back from "Gypsy" which was damned good.  Sadly, the establishment worships at the altar of total amplification so that NOW EVERYTHING SOUNDS LIKE THIS.  It sounds to me like they've got a quality system, but everything IS TURNED UP TO 11 AND THERE IS NO NUANCE OR RELIEF WHATEVER.

I'm running the microphone board for "Good Night Moon" and I'm really trying not to do that.  Fortunately, our stage manager can hear the balance and has me tweak the mics when necessary.

George

« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2012, 09:45:25 PM »

Listening to the first part of our master.  One track has VERY bad wow and flutter, so I've suggested a little edit of thirty seconds that remove all of it - if he can do that smoothly that will be very helpful.  It's a wonderful score from a classic low-budget sci-fi film, with a score composed by Hugo Friedhofer, Franz Waxman, Aaron Copland, Leith Stevens, Victor Young, Hans J. Salter, and a few others.  Yes, you read that right.

Interesting.

George

« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »

Happily our booklet not only tells you who wrote what but also what films and cues the originals are.

Great!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2012, 09:53:46 PM »

Finished with Mad Men - not a great episode and only three more left, I'd say this series has pretty much run out of gas - I've liked two, I think, from this season - not a good batting average.

George

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2012, 10:21:10 PM »

Did anyone see the eclipse?  We went outside to see what we could see, which was nothing, and looked right at the sun. ::)  I'm still seeing spots.

:o JANE, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!

George

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »

Here's the poster for JUBILEE in London.

Very nice, Larry! ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2012, 10:25:41 PM »

Eclipse?

Matthew

« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:07 PM »

Totally went off the "diet" today.  Finished today with Ben and Jerry's Greek Fro Yo... OMG, the best thing ever.  Not too guilt-ridden about this, but tomorrow.  DETOX.  Back to protein and fruits and veggies.

George

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »

Eclipse?

AP Photos: Millions view 'ring of fire' eclipse

An annular solar eclipse appears during a break in clouds over Taipei, Taiwan, Monday, May 21, 2012. The annular eclipse, in which the moon passes in front of the sun leaving only a golden ring around its edges, was visible to wide areas across China, Japan and elsewhere in the region before moving across the Pacific to be seen in parts of the western United States. (AP Photo/Wally Santana)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:31:54 PM by George »

Matthew

« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2012, 10:30:39 PM »

Eclipse?

Nothing I can say, a total eclipse of the heart

George

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »

I totally missed it. :-\

Of course, the completely overcast day didn't help.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2012, 10:36:35 PM »

George

« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2012, 11:05:36 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up