Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BOWLING  (Read 10430 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BOWLING
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2012, 12:29:56 PM »

Page four!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2012, 12:30:22 PM »

Ginny, just wanted to check in. Unfortunately, both Tuesday and Wednesday are no-gos for us. Things going on at work and other places. I think you're leaving for DC on Thursday so we will miss you this trip. Sorry.

DR Ben, it finally hit us as we were waiting for our plane yesterday just how short this stay is.  We're going to be in your neighborhood this afternoon, at the Rubin Museum to see the illuminated manuscripts.  We may head to Chat 'n' Chew for an early dinner before heading further downtown for HERRINGBONE.

Have fun at the Rubin. You will indeed be just around the corner from us. The Rubin is a beautiful space. It used to be part of the old Barney's before they moved to the East Side. Chat and Chew has redecorated. Still the same fun food but less kitsch in the decor.

Well, we went to do an errand on the Upper East Side and ended up walking down Madison Ave. to 55th and across to one of our favorite restaurants, La Bonne Soupe, for a late lunch.  We've decided that it's too late in the afternoon to do justice to the illuminated manuscripts at the Rubin, so we're relaxing a bit at the hotel before making our way to the Lower East Side to find the HERRINGBONE venue.  "Flexibility" is one of our travel watchwords...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 12:43:03 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »

LOL DR JOHN G - well....BPNP belongs only to the ages now.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: May 21, 2012, 12:49:36 PM »

And yes that is a stage full of REAL SAND.....the show being produced at the same time was COASTAL DISTURBANCES....and we used their sand for an 11 p.m. performance of our show....usually drawing twice the audience numbers as they did....which did not please the COASTAL DISTURBANCES cast.
I saw Coastal Disturbances on Broadway. It was a bore. I'd have rather seen Beach Party Nuclear Protest. Or just watched the sand.

Me, too! I have never understood Tina Howe's success.

Who here is on castrecl?  Much as I agree with a lot of what that moron (initials JC) says about what he'd like to see Encores! perform, the jerk knows nothing about the internal politics of Encores!, current state of these shows and the funding necessary to get them into performable shape.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2012, 01:00:27 PM »

DR Elmore, I agree with you about the Blythe Danner commercial.  It's beneath her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2012, 01:04:00 PM »

Ginny, just wanted to check in. Unfortunately, both Tuesday and Wednesday are no-gos for us. Things going on at work and other places. I think you're leaving for DC on Thursday so we will miss you this trip. Sorry.

DR Ben, it finally hit us as we were waiting for our plane yesterday just how short this stay is.  We're going to be in your neighborhood this afternoon, at the Rubin Museum to see the illuminated manuscripts.  We may head to Chat 'n' Chew for an early dinner before heading further downtown for HERRINGBONE.

Have fun at the Rubin. You will indeed be just around the corner from us. The Rubin is a beautiful space. It used to be part of the old Barney's before they moved to the East Side. Chat and Chew has redecorated. Still the same fun food but less kitsch in the decor.

Well, we went to do an errand on the Upper East Side and ended up walking down Madison Ave. to 55th and across to one of our favorite restaurants, La Bonne Soupe, for a late lunch.  We've decided that it's too late in the afternoon to do justice to the illuminated manuscripts at the Rubin, so we're relaxing a bit at the hotel before making our way to the Lower East Side to find the HERRINGBONE venue.  "Flexibility" is one of our travel watchwords...

I'll see you later.  i'll be the soggy person with the broken umbrella, unless i give in and splurge for  a new one.  :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: May 21, 2012, 01:11:10 PM »

DeeDee had a nicer bathing suit and better hairstyle in the actual show....this photo was taken a couple of days after rehearsal began.

He's pretty cute. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: May 21, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »

See you soon, DR FJL!  We're a little water-logged ourselves...

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: May 21, 2012, 01:22:55 PM »

Well DR GEORGE he was in 1989....I don't know about now....haven't seen him since then.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:22 PM »

Off to my second set of auditions to fill out my cast.....hoping for some good folks.....

Ben

« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »

Well, we went to do an errand on the Upper East Side and ended up walking down Madison Ave. to 55th and across to one of our favorite restaurants, La Bonne Soupe, for a late lunch.

Glad to know La Bonne Soupe is still open. I love that place but haven't been for years. I'm almost never in that area. I might have to make a trip just to go to LBS.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2012, 01:28:45 PM »

DR Ben, I've been going to La Bonne Soupe for almost 35 years.  The last time we were here it was closed for remodeling after a fire.  I was so afraid it had, either, not reopened or become something different.  Not to worry, it's exactly the same - just a bit more expensive.  But, then, isn't everything?

John G.

« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

And yes that is a stage full of REAL SAND.....the show being produced at the same time was COASTAL DISTURBANCES....and we used their sand for an 11 p.m. performance of our show....usually drawing twice the audience numbers as they did....which did not please the COASTAL DISTURBANCES cast.
I saw Coastal Disturbances on Broadway. It was a bore. I'd have rather seen Beach Party Nuclear Protest. Or just watched the sand.

Me, too! I have never understood Tina Howe's success.

Who here is on castrecl?  Much as I agree with a lot of what that moron (initials JC) says about what he'd like to see Encores! perform, the jerk knows nothing about the internal politics of Encores!, current state of these shows and the funding necessary to get them into performable shape.
I don't know the internal workings of Encores! but even I know that you ain't gonna see the shows that Musicals in Mufti present. There isn't an audience clamoring to see the likes of "Make a Wish," "Lolita, My Love" or "Three Wishes for Jamie," even for a weekend. There has to be  some name attached or a famous song or some hook to get 'em in.  
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2012, 01:36:37 PM »

Back with my spiffy new porcelain cap - that's all we did today.  He was going to give me a shot of Novocain, but I remembered last time I got a permanent cap I went without, so that's what I did this time and it was just fine.  I'll be back in a week-and-a-half for the next tooth.  Then when I get back from New York I get that permanent porcelain cap and thus ends these dental problems.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2012, 01:37:18 PM »

I had a breakfast quesadilla for breakfast - very good and I can chew on both sides of Ye Olde Mouthe again.  Now I'm writing liner notes.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: May 21, 2012, 01:45:19 PM »

From DR George:

:o JANE, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT!!

We are both fully aware of this fact, yet we did it. ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:04:55 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #106 on: May 21, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

TOD:

I used to love bowling, but I haven't done it in years.

Not good for my back.

My wrist went first.  Now of course my shoulder can't bowl.  I remember impressing the children with my decent bowling skills, managing a good number of strikes.  Craig really got into it and had a couple of bowling birthday parties.  Keith bowled a lot before I met him and was pleased I enjoyed bowling.  He was really surprised to find out I also watched professional bowling on tv which he enjoyed.  Funny though, we never really watched it together.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 01:52:37 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #107 on: May 21, 2012, 01:55:42 PM »

In other news, a book usually very well behaved dog Beegee took off a bookshelf and chewed to smithereens is going for several hundred bucks on Amazon, ABE and Alibris.  I am verklempt.

OUCH!!!

Jane

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2012, 01:56:41 PM »

ATTENTION PLEASE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REPORT:

I have tickets to see Donny Osmond.  I have been waiting forty years for this.

:)  Congratulations!  Do you have good seats?

Jane

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »

Back with my spiffy new porcelain cap - that's all we did today.  He was going to give me a shot of Novocain, but I remembered last time I got a permanent cap I went without, so that's what I did this time and it was just fine.  I'll be back in a week-and-a-half for the next tooth.  Then when I get back from New York I get that permanent porcelain cap and thus ends these dental problems.

I'm surprised he even offered you a shot to put the permanent cap on.  Congrats on completing all the work.

Laura

« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2012, 01:59:31 PM »

ATTENTION PLEASE FOR A VERY IMPORTANT NEWS REPORT:

I have tickets to see Donny Osmond.  I have been waiting forty years for this.

:)  Congratulations!  Do you have good seats?

Fifth row, just off center.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2012, 02:01:12 PM »

In other news, a book usually very well behaved dog Beegee took off a bookshelf and chewed to smithereens is going for several hundred bucks on Amazon, ABE and Alibris.  I am verklempt.

OUCH!!!

That just sunk in, sorry to have missed it before.

MAJOR OUCH!!!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:08:05 PM by ChasSmith »

Laura

« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2012, 02:07:22 PM »

It's a good thing you love Beegee.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2012, 02:13:26 PM »

And now, to get this off your chest and find closure, you must tell us what book it was. 
You'll feel better.   :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2012, 02:13:55 PM »

Seriously, VIBES for chewed up book owners everywhere.

ChasSmith

« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2012, 02:18:41 PM »

Of course, that statement needs punctuation for clarification.  Is it the book or the owner that's chewed up?

John G.

« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2012, 02:30:14 PM »

I had a breakfast quesadilla for breakfast - very good and I can chew on both sides of Ye Olde Mouthe again.  Now I'm writing liner notes.
Chewing is good.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2012, 02:43:08 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2012, 02:43:26 PM »

Finished the first pass of liner notes for an upcoming release.

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2012, 02:48:01 PM »

We survived our subway ride and walk to the HERRINGBONE venue.  We're way early so we're having beers at a jernt around the corner on Delancey St.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up