Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: REHEARSAL ONE  (Read 11415 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: REHEARSAL ONE
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 10:11:15 AM »

We are off to Minnesota in two days. We leave on Thursday morning and return on Monday afternoon. My nephew is graduating from high school and also turning 18 so there is a big party planned.

SAFE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES & HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Jane

« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:26 AM »

Yes, I'll be around tomorrow. We leave for the airport on Thursday morning at 6:15am!
thankfully, the earthquake in Italy is hours north of where I'll be.

:)

HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME & EASY TRAVELS!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 10:12:54 AM »

I did something while cooking that surprisingly has never happened to me before. I was making meatballs to take to my nieces. And usually i put them in the pot after the water is boiling. But for some reason the water was not completely boiled (not sure why it took so long). Anyhow i put half of them in and they started to separate. :(

I ended up emptying the pot and taking some of the separated meat and putting the raw meat around it. That worked. Only there was still extra separated meat left. Sloppy Joes anyone? :)

Luckily there is not too much loose meat and there is a nice sauce. So it should be okay. It just really bugged me that it happened.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 10:13:01 AM »

Dear Larry,

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but the Playbill Steven Suskin review is less than stellar

Victor Herbert

DR Ben, thanks for posting this. Steven Suskin is clearly neither an operetta fan nor a musician, as his errors in his orchestration book attest to, and it's nice to know that he appreciates "Lysistrata Jones" (I did, too, but I never want to listen to a recording of it) over German lieder. We also learn he's not one to bother looking at the contents of a recording booklet before playing a CD, and he can't discuss the progress of music on Broadway between 1894 and 1924.

He certainly lets you know he hates the CD once he mentions the dread "German songs." So, he likes "Broadway," but he can't say much good there either. chacun ŕ son gout!

I'm not expecting everyone to like the set, and I expect that for everyone who enjoys it, another will not. That's life.

I am still a fan of Mr Suskin's work, even when I disagree wth him.

A very nice attitude, elmore.

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 10:15:07 AM »

DR Jennifer I guess you will wait for the water to boil from now on ;)

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2012, 10:22:38 AM »

Tuesday afternoon greetings!  Looks like I forgot to log out somewhere along the line yesterday - sorry!  Anyway, we were home by 1:30 this morning and I was fast asleep by 2:15.  It became clear to Richard about 8 this morning that our air conditioning is not working properly, so he called our nephew/HVAC guy and he'll be here this afternoon.  In the meantime, we have our windows open, but it's pretty humid.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 10:23:39 AM »

It's been very warm and humid in New York all weekend but it's supposed to cool down by Thursday when we leave for Minnesota, but it's also supposed to be nice in Minnesota by that time as well.

Ben

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2012, 10:24:14 AM »

We turned on the AC on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday when we went to bed. It made it so much more pleasant.

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »

It's been very warm and humid in New York all weekend but it's supposed to cool down by Thursday when we leave for Minnesota, but it's also supposed to be nice in Minnesota by that time as well.

DR Ben, sounds like you have a nice trip planned.  I'm sending travel vibes, but my track record took quite a hit yesterday so you might want to take them with a grain of salt.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2012, 10:29:13 AM »

Much cooler today in the Midwest and MILD temperatures predicted for the rest of the week as DR BEN reported.

I have the Epub reader....a Firefox service, I think.  It was free for my computer since I don't one of those FANCY readers.

Unfortunately....one of the books I have....is UPSIDE DOWN in the reader.....and there is no way to turn it over.....most unusual.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Doug R

« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2012, 10:31:57 AM »

I'm afraid most of my Kiev photographs have turned out disastrously. I think I had the camera on the wrong settings. I fly back home tomorrow. Will try to get some better pictures before then.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2012, 10:42:45 AM »

From DR John G:
I got the Nook Color and I haven't had time to use it enough yet to judge whether I like it. I like being able to read a chapter or so before going to bed, but that's hardly more than five or 10 minutes

I am having a hard time checking email on it, so I have to work on that. That was one reason I wanted the Color. It was a tablet,but one that doesn't do movies or games,  neither of which I wanted.

DR Cilla has a good idea about getting extra instructions at B & N.  I'm likely doing things the hard way.

I have two issues with my Nook Color.  Sometimes the page won't turn.  The best way to fix that, IMHO, is to change to a smaller text.  Once fixed I go back to the larger text.  This really isn't a big deal to me, the big deal is tapping away trying to open the box to change the text.  My other issue is connecting to the internet.  Sometimes it takes a good many attempts to get it to work.

I can see how much better Keith's iPad is but I don't care for the size.

I set my Nook so it wouldn't automatically turn everything horizontal just because I tilted the Nook, which I tend to do when reading in bed.  When using email wait until everything is loaded before opening or deleting anything otherwise it is too easy to press on the wrong box.

I, too, have the page turn problem.

BTW, I found a ton of pre-1923 cookbooks for free downloads from BN this morning. Can't wait to explore those. I love old-timey cookbooks.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2012, 10:43:30 AM »

I'm afraid most of my Kiev photographs have turned out disastrously. I think I had the camera on the wrong settings. I fly back home tomorrow. Will try to get some better pictures before then.
Bummer.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »

Much cooler today in the Midwest and MILD temperatures predicted for the rest of the week as DR BEN reported.

I have the Epub reader....a Firefox service, I think.  It was free for my computer since I don't one of those FANCY readers.

Unfortunately....one of the books I have....is UPSIDE DOWN in the reader.....and there is no way to turn it over.....most unusual.
You could get creative and hook up some mirrors and spend who knows how many dollars so you can read your free book.  ;D
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2012, 10:45:42 AM »

Bummer.

Have you inadvertently changed an exposure +/- control?  Got the white balance wrong?  Bad speed setting?  Those are the things that have tripped me up on more than one occasion.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:01 AM »

Very odd.  I hope not to have that experience.

Jane

« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:57 AM »

Sorry.  Sometimes if we don't get a decent shot we can find one like it on the internet.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2012, 10:52:06 AM »

From DR John G:
I got the Nook Color and I haven't had time to use it enough yet to judge whether I like it. I like being able to read a chapter or so before going to bed, but that's hardly more than five or 10 minutes

I am having a hard time checking email on it, so I have to work on that. That was one reason I wanted the Color. It was a tablet,but one that doesn't do movies or games,  neither of which I wanted.

DR Cilla has a good idea about getting extra instructions at B & N.  I'm likely doing things the hard way.

I have two issues with my Nook Color.  Sometimes the page won't turn.  The best way to fix that, IMHO, is to change to a smaller text.  Once fixed I go back to the larger text.  This really isn't a big deal to me, the big deal is tapping away trying to open the box to change the text.  My other issue is connecting to the internet.  Sometimes it takes a good many attempts to get it to work.

I can see how much better Keith's iPad is but I don't care for the size.

I set my Nook so it wouldn't automatically turn everything horizontal just because I tilted the Nook, which I tend to do when reading in bed.  When using email wait until everything is loaded before opening or deleting anything otherwise it is too easy to press on the wrong box.

I, too, have the page turn problem.

BTW, I found a ton of pre-1923 cookbooks for free downloads from BN this morning. Can't wait to explore those. I love old-timey cookbooks.

It seems to only be a problem with the Nook Color.  I guess that is the trade off for reading at night.  Play with the color options every once in awhile.  I just recently changed mine.

Congrats on the free cook books.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2012, 11:11:33 AM »

I guess I finally got the beauty sleep I needed - nine hours.  But I'm way behind right now so much catch up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:10 AM »

Druxy, Miss Henshall appears on two of my albums - The Stephen Sondheim Album and Brent Barrett's Kander and Ebb Album.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »

I seem to have 157 e-mails.  I'm sure 100 of them can quickly be nuked as spam.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »

I missed the memo - what is DR DOUG R doing in Kiev?

DR CILLA LIZ has certainly been WORKING WORKING WORKING....  The kitties will be disappointed when she leaves for the office.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »

I got LOTS of NEW spam emails yesterday.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2012, 11:16:05 AM »

I haven't checked all of the HELP pages.....so there may be a FIX in there someplace.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »

I'll just sleep with my head at the foot of the bed, and that should take care of it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2012, 11:34:55 AM »

Doug, are you a spy by any chance?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

Yum!  A fried spam sandwich sounds really good right now.
“One thing’s universal,

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2012, 11:39:39 AM »

Druxy, Miss Henshall appears on two of my albums - The Stephen Sondheim Album and Brent Barrett's Kander and Ebb Album.

We're talking about non-Kritzerland albums, right?

You can dream…or you can do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2012, 11:41:10 AM »

Yum!  A fried spam sandwich sounds really good right now.

(Sorry, Jane.)
“One thing’s universal,

Ben

« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2012, 11:45:38 AM »

We're talking about non-Kritzerland albums, right?

Both are Varese Sarabande albums
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up