Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANISH AND THE SWEDISH - TOGETHER AGAIN  (Read 9033 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE DANISH AND THE SWEDISH - TOGETHER AGAIN
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2012, 10:27:03 AM »

DR Iris

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2012, 10:39:13 AM »

DR Ginny....you had the best telephone exchange!

DR Iris

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2012, 10:46:50 AM »

I did not realize that Rupert Holmes composed Echo Valley 2-6809!

DR Iris

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2012, 10:47:00 AM »

Must store that info for trivia night.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »

So, how was Dark Shadows?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 11:14:29 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - what was the NAME of your telephone exchange when you were growing up?

I had two - first LYceum 7 and then the one I still have VErnon 1....although it is now 831.

The actual real numbers are in the Kritzer books, but it was first TExas, which changed to UPton in the early 1960s.

This is what made me think of it......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 11:43:36 AM »

The first preview of "Les Miz":

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/les-miserables-movie-trailer/5mu4b3c?from=dest_en-us&src=v5%3ashare%3asharepermalink%3a

That is a movie that I will actually see in a theater.

Now, if they will film RAGTIME, I will really be happy.
I agree with you on that one.

I would LOVE to see a film of the musical RAGTIME. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 11:44:11 AM »

Our boarding passes have been printed and at this time tomorrow we will be in an airplane on the way to Minneapolis (actually Coon Rapids), MN.

~~~Travel Vibes for DR Ben and Ant!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 11:49:54 AM »

And a Very Happy IBDB Birthday (these are just the names that I recognize) to:

Idina Menzel 05/30/1971
Tonya Pinkins 05/30/1962
Ann Hampton Callaway 05/30/1958
Colm Meaney 05/30/1953
Keir Dullea 05/30/1936
Joseph Stein 05/30/1912
Benny Goodman 05/30/1909
Mel Blanc 05/30/1908

Just because. :)

Doug R

« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 12:59:40 PM »

Safe travel vibes for Ben, Ginny, Doug R and anyone else away from home.

Thanks John G. I am back home!

Doug R

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 01:10:36 PM »

Re: THE BRIDGE

The Oresund Bridge is a wonderful engineering feat. I travelled across it by rail from Copenhagen to Malmo (it's a road and rail bridge) shortly after it was completed. It's Europe's longest bridge and what is also remarkable is that it's part tunnel, part bridge and exits the tunnel on a man-made island in the strait to become a bridge. From a distance it appears to miraculously arise out of the water.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »

Hmmm.....I shall have to find a photograph of said bridge.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »

Oresund Bridge:
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 01:33:11 PM »

Back from a sandwich and fries and picking up a couple of packages.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 02:16:09 PM »

that bridge photo is creeping me out.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »

Richard and I are now members of the new YMCA that's out by the hospital where I did my cardiac rehab.  I decided before we left for our trip that walking 'round and 'round in the basement was getting pretty boring.  The tendonitis that developed in my left ankle is much better, but I think some water activities might be a good idea to reduce the impact.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2012, 03:25:53 PM »

that bridge photo is creeping me out.

I think it's pretty darned cool!

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2012, 03:27:03 PM »

Very good move Ginny. I like our YMCA, although it is quite ancient. It is also 4 floors and I used to get lost in the maze of hallways and stairwells throughout. I would end up getting a workout just finding my way to the gymnasium! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2012, 03:34:16 PM »

I had a nice call last night from a journalist in India who writes for a "prominent daily" (as she put it). She wanted to interview me regarding my Bollywood blog and my interest in Hindi films...Indians are always very surprised to find Americans who like Bollywood.

It was a fun interview, even if very little of what I said was used. And some of what I said was misquoted (I really haven't seen a thousand Hindi films, not yet, and I don't know the Hindi language quite as well as the article makes it sound)...but it is a fun read and I am certainly honored that anyone would want to call clear across the world to get my input on the subject  :)  And the interviewer was very sweet and complimentary.

You can read the article online here, if you like: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/desi-films-foreign-fans/955763/

My blog, which is mentioned in the article, is here, if you are curious: www.pedrotheapebomb.wordpress.com

KevinH

« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2012, 03:50:11 PM »

Safe travel vibes to all of our dear readers who are traveling in the next several days.

From me too!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2012, 03:56:33 PM »

Page three???  Perhaps if I mention the title that I may be able to give the Kritzerland remix treatment to that will get some posting going?  I do know Jane is not with us, but still...

So, while this is not 100% yet (the licensing has been cleared and they have the original eight-track session tapes - we're just trying to figure out how to get them to me - whether they do the work in making a Pro Tools session or whether we do) - the big question will be HOW this was recorded and how much separation there is between band and vocalists, but I think we're going to at least try it - it's generally considered to be one of the most frustrating cast albums ever released, not only because of the many cuts to the score (which we can do nothing about) but because the mix was done hastily and has always sounded weird and pretty bad.  The frustrating part is the cast, which will never be bettered and therefore this is still the definitive cast album for this title even with its flaws.  That said - if I can remix and smooth it out and make it at least sound much better, then it's worth doing, don't you think?

Can anyone guess the title?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2012, 03:59:08 PM »

Page three???  Perhaps if I mention the title that I may be able to give the Kritzerland remix treatment to that will get some posting going?  I do know Jane is not with us, but still...

So, while this is not 100% yet (the licensing has been cleared and they have the original eight-track session tapes - we're just trying to figure out how to get them to me - whether they do the work in making a Pro Tools session or whether we do) - the big question will be HOW this was recorded and how much separation there is between band and vocalists, but I think we're going to at least try it - it's generally considered to be one of the most frustrating cast albums ever released, not only because of the many cuts to the score (which we can do nothing about) but because the mix was done hastily and has always sounded weird and pretty bad.  The frustrating part is the cast, which will never be bettered and therefore this is still the definitive cast album for this title even with its flaws.  That said - if I can remix and smooth it out and make it at least sound much better, then it's worth doing, don't you think?

FOLLIES, a lousy recordng of a production that's never been topped by any other production since.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2012, 04:02:38 PM »

FOLLIES, a lousy recordng of a production that's never been topped by any other production since.

What show is that?

FJL

« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »

Just kidding, of course, if anyone is reading this fifty years from now.

FJL

« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2012, 04:03:20 PM »

:)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2012, 04:04:01 PM »

That's what I was thinking, too, Larry.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2012, 04:04:41 PM »

We need some more posts to get us to page 4.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

Do you all remember my friend Lou Ann's son Zach? He's been in and out of hospital with lymphoma. They thought he was in remission but the doctors called him back to Houston for more tests.  His family is in fear that the tests will prove the cancer wasn't completely caught. He could sure use some mega vibes and prayers! I'll start.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 04:17:07 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Super Health  Vibes for Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:45 PM »

I had a nice call last night from a journalist in India who writes for a "prominent daily" (as she put it). She wanted to interview me regarding my Bollywood blog and my interest in Hindi films...Indians are always very surprised to find Americans who like Bollywood.

It was a fun interview, even if very little of what I said was used. And some of what I said was misquoted (I really haven't seen a thousand Hindi films, not yet, and I don't know the Hindi language quite as well as the article makes it sound)...but it is a fun read and I am certainly honored that anyone would want to call clear across the world to get my input on the subject  :)  And the interviewer was very sweet and complimentary.

You can read the article online here, if you like: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/desi-films-foreign-fans/955763/

My blog, which is mentioned in the article, is here, if you are curious: www.pedrotheapebomb.wordpress.com

That's great, Mike!  Congrats!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up