Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DAINTY JUNE  (Read 8628 times)

MBarnum

Re: DAINTY JUNE
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »

DR ChasSmith, I have yet to become much of a fan of Spaghetti westerns, at least not yet...although I have watched several due to interviewing a number of actors who went to Italy in the 1960s to star in them.

I always tend to enjoy their gladiator films more then their westerns. I don't know why.

Doug R

« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »

TOD:

I forgot to include "The Hound of the Baskervilles" DVD which arrived yesterday and which I have yet to see. This is a Russsian film from a long running series with Igor Livanov as Holmes, described by the Sherlock Holmes Society as one of the best Holmes portrayals on screen. It's a 2 disc set running 146 minutes.

MBarnum

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2012, 08:29:30 AM »

Page 3 Gladiator film dance!

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38:02 AM »

TOD:

DVD:
I might dip into the complete season set of the old John Gavin western series DESTRY this weekend. Found it at Fry's for just $9.99. Got sets of two vintage Rod Cameron series, CORONADO 9 and STATE TROOPER also, each for just $9.99.

Fry's seem to be the only brick and mortar store around now that still carries a gigantic selection of DVDs, so I need to get up there (it is in Wilsonville, about 30 minutes north of Salem) more often.

Internet radio:

Currently listening to a song from the 1961 Bollywood film GIRL'S HOSTEL.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2012, 08:39:44 AM »

TOD:

Nothing planned, although I do have the Blu ray of "The Woman in Black" just sitting there waiting to be opened.  A critical quote on the package admonishes me to not watch it alone.  I'm a-scared to open it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2012, 08:44:18 AM »

I made a false start on the spaghetti westerns last year.  Wasn't quite ready.  Then I saw the last part of one on cable not long ago, and could tell it's time.

I think the only gladiator films I know are the big name mainstream Biblical epics.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2012, 08:55:18 AM »

Back from the dentist.  I have to get a bridge.  I guess you would call it a tooth bridge not a foot bridge.  After some thought, I wonder if it should be a foot bridge for those times I put my foot in my mouth!

Great!  There is one in Brooklyn that I can sell you.
  I thought I bought that one a long time ago!  :)

LOL!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2012, 08:56:34 AM »

Parts are taped. Time to go back uptown.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57:21 AM »

Back from the dentist.  I have to get a bridge.  I guess you would call it a tooth bridge not a foot bridge.  After some thought, I wonder if it should be a foot bridge for those times I put my foot in my mouth!

Great!  There is one in Brooklyn that I can sell you.
  I thought I bought that one a long time ago!  :)

Yeah, well, at least you got a good deal on it, didn't you??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2012, 09:37:37 AM »

I'm up and must now have a telephonic conversation.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #70 on: June 01, 2012, 10:09:37 AM »

TOD:

We recorded HATFIELDS AND THE McCOYS and watched the first segment last night.

I thought it was pretty good and reasonably historically accurate.

[I had no idea that was Tom Berenger under that beard.]

So, if no new DVDs arrive, we'll watch the remaining 2 segments this weekend.

Regartdless of how accurate it may or may not be, I guess I didn't care enough about either the Hatfields or the McCoys to devote three nights to them.

You gotta like "Westerns".

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #71 on: June 01, 2012, 10:17:04 AM »

TOD:

I forgot to include "The Hound of the Baskervilles" DVD which arrived yesterday and which I have yet to see. This is a Russsian film from a long running series with Igor Livanov as Holmes, described by the Sherlock Holmes Society as one of the best Holmes portrayals on screen. It's a 2 disc set running 146 minutes.

Back in the late 1990s when he had the studio in Ireland, Roger Corman wanted to do a remake of THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES.  He even had a script, but he never shot the picture.

I think it was a smart move on his part.  BASKERVILLES has been done and redone to death.  If you're going to shoot a Sherlock Holmes movie, why not do a Conan Doyle that has never been filmed?

Actually, I did tell Roger that, but I don't think that was the reason he didn't make the picture.

;)

You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 01, 2012, 10:52:48 AM »

I always tend to enjoy their gladiator films more then their westerns. I don't know why.

My mother always said, you'll go to hell for lying, just as you will for stealing!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:54:54 AM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 01, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »

I have used FaceTime.  Naturally it took a while to figure out rather than just working easily - had to call Apple, but once I got a senior tech on he had me up and running quickly.  Then I Face Timed with the East Coast Singer.

Ben

« Reply #74 on: June 01, 2012, 11:18:10 AM »

Went to Wal Mart to print out some pictures, went to Old Navy where I got a shirt for $3, went to Target where I got a pair of boys jeans (size 16) for $11, had a nice lunch and now I'm going to take a nap before the graduation this evening, which starts at 7 and then we are going to my Brother and Sister-in-Law's afterward for a small family gathering before the big party tomorrow.

Since the party doesn't start until 4pm tomorrow we will go to Cheapo Records first to see if there is anything they have that we must have.

That's all from lovely downtown Coon Rapids, Minnesota (not to be confused with Coon Rapids, Iowa, yes there are two cities with that name).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: June 01, 2012, 11:24:18 AM »

~~~Dental Work Vibes for DR Danise!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: June 01, 2012, 11:31:38 AM »

Major vibes to all (whether you think you need them or not)!

Thanks!  I accept!

Same back at you!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2012, 11:59:51 AM »

DR ELMORE the Dream-O-Matic says that your dream indicates you love your work - but that you especially love working with your friends and that you sometimes feel you would do a better job casting projects that you see than those who actually do the job.  In passing, you also approve of MR BK's work in whichever area he happens to be working in at the moment.

Thank you, DR JRand61. I am going to send you a lovely and tasteful gift in the near future.

You do still have a VCR, don't you, JR?   :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »

I have been at the old house cleaning up and supervising the carpet cleaning, which is my last task from the buyers' imperious demand list.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »

I also have a blister, but on my thumb--I took the lid off of our steamer last night to get some broccoli and really managed to burn myself.

JMK

« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2012, 12:02:24 PM »

My eBay nemesis has spent something like $20,000 in the past couple of weeks.  I'm happy to say that quite a bit of that was spent bidding against me.  ;)

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2012, 12:27:19 PM »

Back from a nice luncheon meeting with Butler County fundraisers.  When the towels are out of the dryer, we'll be leaving for the Y.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2012, 12:43:39 PM »

I can barely walk at the moment. I've got massive blisters on my feet due to doing too much walking up and down those steep hills in Kiev.
Feel better vibes to DR Doug R!  I hate blisters.  Hope you are enjoying yourself!

Thank you DR Danise. Of course, I made the silly mistake of wearing shoes which I don't usually wear!

You don't usually wear shoes?  Isn't it difficult to get served in restaurants?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »

TOD:

We recorded HATFIELDS AND THE McCOYS and watched the first segment last night.

I thought it was pretty good and reasonably historically accurate.

[I had no idea that was Tom Berenger under that beard.]

So, if no new DVDs arrive, we'll watch the remaining 2 segments this weekend.

Regartdless of how accurate it may or may not be, I guess I didn't care enough about either the Hatfields or the McCoys to devote three nights to them.

You gotta like "Westerns".

:)

Nope.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »

I also have a blister, but on my thumb--I took the lid off of our steamer last night to get some broccoli and really managed to burn myself.

And you wonder why children don't like broccoli?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:58:37 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2012, 12:52:39 PM »

I don't think that this has been posted here yet, but ‘Gumby’ Voice-Over Star Dick Beals Dies at 85.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2012, 01:01:05 PM »

I don't think that this has been posted here yet, but ‘Gumby’ Voice-Over Star Dick Beals Dies at 85.

Didn't Gumby get killed on SNL?
“One thing’s universal,

Doug R

« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2012, 01:02:14 PM »

A few varied photos from Kiev:

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »

Gorgeous photos DR DougR! Love those buildings, and it looks like you are finding good weather on your trip!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2012, 01:05:42 PM »

He was also the voice of Speedy Alka-Seltzer!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up