Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOW OUT  (Read 14474 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BLOW OUT
« on: June 05, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a blow out, and now it is time for you to post until the blown out cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BLOW OUT
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: CYMOTRICHOUS!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 02:29:28 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 02:30:08 AM »

Back to the office in a half hour.

Oh, well. Life must go on, even after vacation/honeymoon/marriage.

Michael

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 03:39:10 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 03:41:54 AM »

TOD
It was the time I flew out to LA to escape a hurricane.
I ended up seeing BK's What If?
And spent a couple of days at a Spa in Palm Springs before heading to
Florida
Never stop dreaming.

ChasSmith

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 05:00:49 AM »

Good morning, all.  Coffee is in hand.  Well, not exactly.  I need a third hand like the foreign gentleman in the diner in that Twilight Zone episode; that way, I could be sipping my coffee whilst typing this very post.

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »

TOD
Friend and I drove up to Burlington, VT on a Saturday morning for the pure heck of it.  It was my first time in the upper reaches of NY and VT and I was enchanted by the number of still-operating mid-century motels and cabins, ice cream stands, and the lovely Sunset Drive-In where we watched the then-new "South Park" movie with locals who knew not the treasure they had.  Stayed at a just-then-converting-to-something-else Howard Johnson's which evoked memories of family trips long ago; visited Fort Ticonderoga; and briefly saw Lake George for my first time, again being blown away by the abundance of mid-century wonders, including their original A&W stand and Howard Johnson's restaurant -- still one of the three remaining, though this, sadly, might be its last year.  A perfect spontaneous overnight trip that felt more like three days for all we crammed in.

(Yes, DRs, by now you've guessed it.  I'm one of THOSE.  A Howard Johnson's aficionado.  I paid my respects for hours in the Times Square one before it was to be razed.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 05:32:11 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept really poorly last night; I guess it's the frustration with the leak, the check, schedule, the workload, same old news, but I could not settle. So, I ignored the alarm and slept in an extra hour. The final fragment of my last dream was in Carnegie Hall, I was sitting next to Robert Kimball, and I had a portable desk, and the aisles between the rows of seats were 2-3 feet wide; then I seemed to be getting prepped for surgery nd I woke up.

I'm still aimless today. I have no idea if I will hear from the plumber, so I'll work here. I have more work on my liner notes, so that's good. I'll call Joshie and hear how last night's Obama broadway event went, and I'll fret.

BK, I'm happy the tire situation went so smoothly. The rotalty check means one of two things: the book is selling really well or the lovely southern millionaires who mistreated you and the label that shall remain nameless are buying up all copies!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Vibes & Xylophones to one and all today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 05:35:50 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:03 AM »

And the word of the day is: CYMOTRICHOUS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:THE GIRL I LOVE SHE GOT LONG BLACK WAVY HAIR

ChasSmith

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:53:39 AM »

Meant to post this one for DR Elmore:  A few nights ago I took the Suskin orchestration book off the shelf and flipped through it again with a better understanding of what's there.  Will read it straight through soon.  Anyhoo, woke up the next morning from one of those very irritating REPEATING dreams in which I was stuck trying to play a section of some song.  Over and over and over.  It seemed like "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the Beast, but wasn't quite.  Either I wasn't getting it right, or didn't know what came next, or -- whatever.  With dreams like that, you might as well have been awake for all the actual rest you were getting.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 05:57:28 AM »

I usually have those Jesus-get-that-tune-out-of-my-head obsessions when I'm drugged out after surgery. I lie in that hospital bed and the blasted melody won't go away! It turns up, turns over, and turns up again like the proverbial bad penny. It won't turn off and it won't change to another! Usually, it's an insipid simple ditty like "Master of the House" that wants to worm inside your brain and eat it alive.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2012, 06:00:07 AM »

Always had that, whenever I've had a cold with a fever, or you name it.

Doug R

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 06:14:26 AM »

TOD:

I've never taken a spontaneous vacation. I'm a control freak and have to plan every detail thoroughly in advance, so I do absolutely nothing spontaneously  ;D

Ginny

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 06:18:48 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Today I'm off to Dayton for lunch with the grantwriters followed by several errands.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 06:20:39 AM »

Thank you for all of yesterday's vibes for my friend Amy.  She went home from the hospital late in the afternoon with orders to rest and eat a soft diet.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 06:21:45 AM »

BLOW-OUT -- and not the great Brian De Palma movie.  Don't think I've had one while actually driving.  At least not at any great speed.  Flat tires happen so infrequently, though, that in my case, the first reaction is denial; or, more accurately, a completely wrong diagnosis as to what the problem is.

Glad to hear MR BK was able to avoid taking the Forest Lawn turnoff, since things are almost certain to have gone badly, with a dead end road leading to an old abandoned office and shed with the drunk caretaker and the night becoming dark and stormy, and the whole damned situation heading swiftly downhill.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 06:38:38 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »

Thank you for all of yesterday's vibes for my friend Amy.  She went home from the hospital late in the afternoon with orders to rest and eat a soft diet.

Good to hear.  Her injuries were serious and need proper care, but could easily have been so much worse.

Jennifer

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 06:30:14 AM »

BK that sounds so scary. Glad you were able to get off the road without incident.

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 06:33:05 AM »

BK if the tire that blew out is indeed the tire that was patched up a month ago do you have any recourse? Unless you happened to run over another nail it seems like the patched job should not just blow out while driving.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »

BK that sounds so scary. Glad you were able to get off the road without incident.

Ditto!
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 07:08:00 AM »

TOD:

I don't think I've ever taken a "spontaneous" vacation.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 07:15:56 AM »

Getting Off at Forest Lawn sounds like a video.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 07:17:04 AM »

The video posted by DR JANE of the young boy hearing for the first time AND DR BEN's posting of the words of ANT's reading were both very emotional moments.

And of course the photos of DR JANE and KEITH and BRYAN were excellent.....as was the photo of the Cake from DR BEN!!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 07:17:40 AM »

Like DR DOUG R - I do not do anything spontaneously.....usually.....especially not a trip or journey.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:20 AM »

And the plumber and super have arrived! As Ira Gershwin once wrote, things are looking up.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:41 AM »

DR CHAS SMITH the Dream-O-Matic 6000 says that your dream of trying to play the same section of a song over and over indicates that you do not like change just for the sake of  change, but that you want to know the reason why.  You are more a perfectionist with yourself than with others - although you are disappointed when others do not meet your expectations.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 07:21:55 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 07:22:09 AM »

And the plumber and super have arrived! As Ira Gershwin once wrote, things are looking up.

Super Man?

ChasSmith

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 07:28:50 AM »

I keep expecting someone to say...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up