Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOW OUT  (Read 14427 times)

ChasSmith

Re: BLOW OUT
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 07:29:13 AM »

PAGE TWO.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 07:32:34 AM »

I *almost* had a spontaneous vacation this very week, as BK knows, but unfortunately I couldn't make the schedule work.  Alas.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »

I had a very scary blow out years ago.  I was in my 20s and had a really dangerous older car, a station wagon I had bought for $100 that probably shouldn't have been on the road.  My parents had driven up from SLC and I had met them on the Oregon Coast.  I was driving back very late in order to be home to go to work the next day and was probably going around 90 mph (hey, I was young) when my rear tire blew.  I almost lost control of the car but managed to bring it over to the side of the road.   I knew I had a spare in the back but I found out there was no jack.  There was a farmhouse up the road and I walked up there and knocked on their door and asked them if they had a jack I could borrow.  They did, I changed my tire, and drove SLOWLY home.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »

I'm up - I was up at six, fell back asleep, the alarm went off at seven, I fell back asleep briefly and had one of the all-time wackiest dreams ever - Ben and Ant were in LA celebrating, I was playing the piano at the Ahmanson for something I'd written that Kathleen Marshall was staging, some beauty pageant kind of thing, then suddenly someone and I were backstage as Follies was about to begin, looking out at an almost empty house, then we went out there and took a seat next to Bernadette Peters and someone (we all seemed to be friends), and then Tommy Lee Jones came in and sat in the row behind us.  Follies began, but the sound was of a guitar being played for whatever was rehearsing elsewhere - and then I was in the mountains holding a rope and there were spiders and I woke up.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:09 AM »

At eight I'll call the tire place to make sure they're open and can take me.

JMK

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 07:47:19 AM »

BK, you really must stop taking LSD before you go to sleep.

JMK

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 07:48:03 AM »

Today I must take DS Zach to a so-called "travel clinic" which will adminster the many (and VERY expensive) inoculations he's required to have before he journeys to China next week.  Oy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 07:58:13 AM »

And the plumber and super have arrived! As Ira Gershwin once wrote, things are looking up.

Super Man?

Maybe in DR MBarnum's dreams!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 08:00:20 AM »

Well, i've arranged things with Joshie and heard about the Obama event, sent an invoice to the Man from Philadelphia, made an appointment with Social Security, calld Local 802, and answered a few emails. What next?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:54:51 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:06 AM »

I'm up - I was up at six, fell back asleep, the alarm went off at seven, I fell back asleep briefly and had one of the all-time wackiest dreams ever - Ben and Ant were in LA celebrating, I was playing the piano at the Ahmanson for something I'd written that Kathleen Marshall was staging, some beauty pageant kind of thing, then suddenly someone and I were backstage as Follies was about to begin, looking out at an almost empty house, then we went out there and took a seat next to Bernadette Peters and someone (we all seemed to be friends), and then Tommy Lee Jones came in and sat in the row behind us.  Follies began, but the sound was of a guitar being played for whatever was rehearsing elsewhere - and then I was in the mountains holding a rope and there were spiders and I woke up.

That's funny. I dreamt about a spider last night but can't remember what it was doing. I think spiders are common in dreams. I'm sure JRand61 can say why, for a nominal sum.

Ben

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2012, 08:15:27 AM »

Larry, I think your dreams are seeping into BK's!!!

I wish we could travel to all HHW locations to celebrate. That would be a honeymoon.

JMK

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2012, 08:17:53 AM »

I finally broke down yesterday and got us all a family texting package for our phones.  Pray for Rosemary's baby.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2012, 08:33:35 AM »

TOD:

Back in the early 1990s my friends Ron and Patrick were taking a trip to Canada, their first. A few hours before they were to leave they asked me if I'd like to come with them. Seeing as how I was already on a weeks staycation, I went. It was fun.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2012, 08:37:09 AM »

I think MR BK's dreams all hinge on the recording possibility that was revealed here a few days back.

DR DOUG R - dreams about spiders will mean times mean that you feel you are being manipulated in certain areas of your life.

DR MBARNUM I am looking forward to receiving the box of goodies!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:30 AM »

I love the dream stories on this site. I don't remember too many of my own dreams, so it's nice to know that others can and do share them.

Congrats, BK, on having as little problems as possible with the blowout.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2012, 08:42:24 AM »

Please deposit $35 in my PayPal account.

Why Is It Always $35.00? Just Curious

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 08:43:10 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  Today I'm off to Dayton for lunch with the grantwriters followed by several errands.

Ginny, how did you manage to work full-time before you retired?  You seem to always be on the go.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 08:50:36 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2012, 08:44:38 AM »

TOD: Back in college, my friend Bill and I ended up in Chicago (about seven hours from school) after a night in which we didn't get quite enough to drink. It was near Christmas and as we left the city at the end of the next day, snow flakes began to fall, which was a great sight from the rear-view mirror.

We planned a return trip the following Christmas with another friend in tow, and it, too, was quite memorable.

The following year, however, Bill, two women he was sleeping with and I ended up in the Smokey Mountains around Gatlinburg. When we went down one hill, the brakes gave out on the car. I was not amused, but we were  able to pull to a stop at a garage. That was back in the days before every college student had two or three credit cards, and we were able to scrounge together enough money among the four of us to pay for the brake work. We didn't have enough money to get any food on the way back, however ...

Since then, I have loved taking spontaneous trips here and there in Texas. It's so huge, you can drive wherever and never visit the same place twice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2012, 09:00:20 AM »

For you, he's happy to make it $50.   ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2012, 09:06:32 AM »

I've been going blind looking online at the Library of Congress copyright entries from 1916 and 1917, and I now know that a trip is indeed necessary. When? That's the question.
http://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Copyright+Records-+Musical+Compositions+including%3A+List+of+Copyright+Renewals+List+of+Notices+of+User+with+Annual+Index%22
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:09:06 AM by elmore3003 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2012, 09:07:29 AM »

LOL....this is my usual fee for a 15-minute consultation at the World of Wisdom, Indiana's Friendliest Metaphysical Bookstore.

http://www.worldofwisdombooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=9

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:41 AM »

I've been going blind looking online at the Library of Congress copyright entries from 1916 and 1917, and I now know that a trip is indeed necessary. When? That's the question.
http://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Copyright+Records-+Musical+Compositions+including%3A+List+of+Copyright+Renewals+List+of+Notices+of+User+with+Annual+Index%22

1150 pages???!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2012, 09:09:53 AM »

Damn!

I knew that would put us into Cinemascope. I hate this crap!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2012, 09:17:40 AM »

Damn!

I'm not in Cinemascope.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2012, 09:26:58 AM »

Damn!

I'm not in Cinemascope.

Then you must be in VistaVision!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2012, 09:31:16 AM »

Damn!

I'm not in Cinemascope.

Then you must be in VistaVision!

No, but possibly Todd A O.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »

I'm in 1.85 as always here.

Ben

« Reply #57 on: June 05, 2012, 09:38:49 AM »

If you copy a URL, especially a long one, go into reply and paste it in, as it appears below

Then highlight it and click on the globe. It will add these two things, one at the beginning and one at the end of the URL

Beginning and End

Replace the second bracket in the first URL with an = (equal) sign so it looks like this [url=http://archive etc.

Add a bracket to the second URL
so it looks like this ][/url]

Once you have done this you can put the cursor between the ][/url] and type whatever you want to describe the link for example ]Library of Congress[/url]

You can then, if you like, highlight your description and click B to bold the description and then you can change the color, if you like, by highlighting it again and clicking on Change Color. Choose the color you prefer and it adds the code to the link

]Library of Congress[/url]

The above is an example so you see how it will look in the reply box. IT WON'T LOOK LIKE THIS (IF YOU'VE DONE IT CORRECTLY) ONCE YOU CLICK POST. IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

Larry's Library of Congress Link

That's a rather lengthy and convoluted explanation of how to make your link shorter.

Click reply to my message and you should see all the coding and how it looks in the reply box
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:40:28 AM by Ben »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: June 05, 2012, 09:46:46 AM »

If you copy a URL, especially a long one, go into reply and paste it in, as it appears below

Then highlight it and click on the globe. It will add these two things, one at the beginning and one at the end of the URL

Beginning and End

Replace the second bracket in the first URL with an = (equal) sign so it looks like this [url=http://archive etc.

Add a bracket to the second URL
so it looks like this ][/url]

Once you have done this you can put the cursor between the ][/url] and type whatever you want to describe the link for example ]Library of Congress[/url]

You can then, if you like, highlight your description and click B to bold the description and then you can change the color, if you like, by highlighting it again and clicking on Change Color. Choose the color you prefer and it adds the code to the link

]Library of Congress[/url]

The above is an example so you see how it will look in the reply box. IT WON'T LOOK LIKE THIS (IF YOU'VE DONE IT CORRECTLY) ONCE YOU CLICK POST. IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

Larry's Library of Congress Link

That's a rather lengthy and convoluted explanation of how to make your link shorter.

Click reply to my message and you should see all the coding and how it looks in the reply box

DR Ben, thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to see how well I succeed at it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »

Got to study that and work on it. 

But did you mean click Quote, as opposed to click Reply?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up