Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BLOW OUT  (Read 14434 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BLOW OUT
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Back - replaced the tire, and one other in the rear - tires have gotten pricey, haven't they.  Since it took an hour I went to Du-Par's and had two poached eggs on toast.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:03 AM »

If you copy a URL, especially a long one, go into reply and paste it in, as it appears below

Once you have done this you can put the cursor between the ][/url] and type whatever you want to describe the link for example ]Library of Congress[/url]

You can then, if you like, highlight your description and click B to bold the description and then you can change the color, if you like, by highlighting it again and clicking on Change Color. Choose the color you prefer and it adds the code to the link

]Library of Congress[/url]

The above is an example so you see how it will look in the reply box. IT WON'T LOOK LIKE THIS (IF YOU'VE DONE IT CORRECTLY) ONCE YOU CLICK POST. IT WILL LOOK LIKE THIS

Larry's Library of Congress Link

That's a rather lengthy and convoluted explanation of how to make your link shorter.

Click reply to my message and you should see all the coding and how it looks in the reply box

Making my link shorter has never been a concern of mine.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2012, 09:49:19 AM »

Does anyone have the CD of Carmelina - I don't know the score at all - that and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue - looking for a few interesting songs from those shows and need suggestions.  I'd have to assume there's something decent in Carmelina since it's Burton Lane.

Ben

« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2012, 09:51:56 AM »

Got to study that and work on it. 

But did you mean click Quote, as opposed to click Reply?

Arghh, yes I did. Thanks for catching that!

Although, to do all the work I described you do have to be in the Reply mode.

The Glob and the Bold and the Color don't appear in Quote. But if you click quote and get the material in the quick reply box you can just highlight it, cut it, click reply and then paste it into the Message Field and go to work.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:54:38 AM by Ben »

ChasSmith

« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »

Arghh, yes I did. Thanks for catching that!

Well then, I have succeeded in taking my first step on the road to enlightenment!   :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2012, 09:54:15 AM »

I think he did mean "Quote."

This game's too hard for little me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2012, 09:55:30 AM »

Does anyone have the CD of Carmelina - I don't know the score at all - that and 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue - looking for a few interesting songs from those shows and need suggestions.  I'd have to assume there's something decent in Carmelina since it's Burton Lane.

"One More Walk Around the Garden" is fantastic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2012, 10:01:29 AM »

I do not have recordings of these two shows.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

BK, check your email at HHW.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: June 05, 2012, 10:07:38 AM »

But I have been listening to ILLYA DARLING again....the wonderful Kritzerland release.....

Ben

« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2012, 10:12:02 AM »

There is no official recording of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue since it was a huge flop. There are recordings of songs from the show and bootlegs are floating about. It was released with changes (IIRC) as White House Cantata and it's available on Amazon, and probably other places as well.

White House Cantata

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »

I've got Carmelina, but not with me. And I have the recording of White House Cantata, which is the score of 1600.

Best song is "One More Walk Around the Garden" from "Carmelina." Also, love the young girl's "All That He'd Want Me to Be" from that score.

"President Jefferson Sunday Luncheon March" from "1600" is fun, as is "Duet for One." "Take Care of This House" is moving.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »

There is no official recording of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue since it was a huge flop. There are recordings of songs from the show and bootlegs are floating about. It was released with changes (IIRC) as White House Cantata and it's available on Amazon, and probably other places as well.

White House Cantata

Patricia Routledge, whose comment about her costar was "That man was never sober!," stopped the show completely with the classic "Duet For One," but I don't think it comes off well on recording since you really need to see her play two characters at the same time. Judy Kaye used to perform it, and she recorded it for McGlinn, who was obsessed with the show, on his "Broadway Showstoppers" recording.

BK, I may have a vocal score for "White House Cantata." I checked and I do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2012, 10:20:40 AM »

I love "Lud's Wedding" as well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2012, 10:22:37 AM »

On the "White House Cantata" recording, June Anderson does not successfully navigate "Duet for One." I know she was a favortie Bernstein soprano, but she is no musical theatre actress.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2012, 10:23:22 AM »

In reference to yesterday's haul, I watched THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN last night.  Recognized a few obvious scenes, but I don't think I'd seen this one in decades.  Loved every minute of it.  I'll have to watch the two Colossal films together and in order sometime soon.

(And how bizarre, now -- ordering, receiving and loading a VHS tape!  Would it work??  How would my player handle it??  Well, it handled it beautifully, and the film looked great throughout -- on 50" plasma, yet.  Better, in fact, than transfers of other Gordon finds on DVD, such as TORMENTED and PICTURE MOMMY DEAD, which I only briefly sampled, to find they are very obviously from VHS sources.)

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2012, 10:24:20 AM »

Damn, I thought you both were saying "White Castle Cantata".

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:04 AM »

Back - replaced the tire, and one other in the rear - tires have gotten pricey, haven't they.  Since it took an hour I went to Du-Par's and had two poached eggs on toast.

That reminds me, BK, I saw something on the innerweb yesterday which showed an old 1920s or 30s photo of a strange diner shaped like an airplane which was where Dupar's on Ventura now is.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »

I love my super.  He makes me laugh. I gave him my keys to the apartment because i can't guarantee I can be here when he finally lines all the tenants in 1C, 2C, and 3C with the super. This leak is driving him crazy: up to an apartment to run water in the sink or tub, then down to the basement to see if any water is showing up, up to another apartment to run the water . . .

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2012, 11:07:48 AM »

I have been waiting for this! Tonight's reading just arrived from Amazon.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2012, 11:13:21 AM »

I may have to buy that book DR ELMORE.

Will we read about the New Haven tryout when the chandelier rising in the ballroom scene took Mr Harrison's toupee with it?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »

Post deleted.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2012, 11:14:55 AM »

Cranberries

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:02 AM »

I may have to buy that book DR ELMORE.

Will we read about the New Haven tryout when the chandelier rising in the ballroom scene took Mr Harrison's toupee with it?

I don't know! I never heard that story before.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2012, 11:19:51 AM »

That's because I lived in Indiana and we are IN THE KNOW about all things Broadway here.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2012, 11:21:53 AM »

Which reminds me of an episode of The Beverly Hillbillies when everyone knew how wild Hollywood parties were because they had a relative who worked in a mill in Springfield...

After a half and hour of this, Jed declared that they were going to find out for themselves just how wild Hollywood was.....and Jethro said: "Hot dog!  Are we goin' to a Hollywood party?"  And Jed replied: "Nope, we're heading for that mill in Springfield!"

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2012, 11:24:10 AM »

That story was in THIS book DR ELMORE

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »

Thank you for all of yesterday's vibes for my friend Amy.  She went home from the hospital late in the afternoon with orders to rest and eat a soft diet.

When I first read this (too quickly, of course), I thought that you had written, "...with orders to rest and eat a diet soda."

???

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2012, 11:25:23 AM »

~~~Continued Vibes for Amy!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2012, 11:26:43 AM »

That story was in THIS book DR ELMORE

Keith Garabian! I wonder where he found that info. He's a scavenger.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up