Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NEW YORK TRIP  (Read 13693 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE NEW YORK TRIP
« Reply #210 on: June 14, 2012, 05:46:25 PM »

RE: LOVE NEVER DIES

Reading the storyline and what happens at the end sequal contradicts what happens at the begiinging of the original  musical. I saw leave enough alone.

I know...I never understood why anyone would allow that. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

KevinH

« Reply #211 on: June 14, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

THIS is worth the 13 minutes of your time it takes to watch.  And watch the whole thing, you should.

Thanks, DR Matthew!  His Barbara Harris was priceless!

KevinH

« Reply #212 on: June 14, 2012, 05:58:03 PM »

Have fun in fun city, BK!

KevinH

« Reply #213 on: June 14, 2012, 06:00:18 PM »

Congrats, DR Druxy!

Laura

« Reply #214 on: June 14, 2012, 06:03:21 PM »

Sandra eats no meat, but she will eat some dairy products.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #215 on: June 14, 2012, 06:27:05 PM »

Well, this is pretty darned cool...Follies Tony Nominee Jayne Houdyshell Records Solo Version of "Broadway Baby," Now Available!

Jayne Houdyshell, who received a 2012 Tony nomination for her performance as Hattie in the recent Broadway revival of Follies, has recorded a solo version of her show-stopping "Broadway Baby."

According to a posting on the website of PS Classics, the label that released the cast recording of the award-winning revival, "The Metropolitan Museum of Art recently asked if they could include 'Broadway Baby' on a compilation CD they were doing, of songs from musicals set in New York City. We of course said yes, but we also felt the track might be more appropriate on a compilation disc as a Hattie solo, without Solange and the Whitmans mysteriously returning at the end. So the wonderful Jayne Houdyshell went back into the studio last month and recorded a new ending, and as a gift to our customers, we thought we'd make the solo track available here."

To download "Broadway Baby," click here and scroll to the bottom of the page.

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #216 on: June 14, 2012, 06:31:08 PM »

DR JRand and I will be in NYC next year, for sure. JRand is getting his social security and footing the  bill, I believe he said...or I might be wrong.

Is there a big HHW shindig in New York next year?

Not that I know of. I know Priscilla is coming to town at some point but unless you all want to come to New York in 2013 to celebrate my 60th birthday, there is nothing planned that I know of.

At some point is about right.. still no idea when that will be

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33:37 PM »

Tonight on the news there was a story about a bacon sundae at Burger King, so, of course I had to go get one.  It was actually quite good.  Vanilla ice cream, chocolate, caramel and bacon.   LOVED IT

ChasSmith

« Reply #218 on: June 14, 2012, 06:37:59 PM »

Tonight on the news there was a story about a bacon sundae at Burger King, so, of course I had to go get one.  It was actually quite good.  Vanilla ice cream, chocolate, caramel and bacon.   LOVED IT

I'm going to have to try that.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2012, 06:40:52 PM »

THIS is worth the 13 minutes of your time it takes to watch.  And watch the whole thing, you should.

I liked his Virginia Capers.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2012, 06:45:11 PM »

Tonight on the news there was a story about a bacon sundae at Burger King, so, of course I had to go get one.  It was actually quite good.  Vanilla ice cream, chocolate, caramel and bacon.   LOVED IT

Oh, my, that is SO not on my diet - and it sounds delicious!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2012, 06:49:45 PM »

I picked up my Mom at 12:30 and we went to a favorite deli/meat market for lunch and some shopping.  We swung back by her apartment and I put her purchases in her refrigerator.  Then went to the post office for me to buy stamps and to our house to put my deli purchases in our refrigerator.  It was still a bit too early to go to her doctor's appointment, so we took a little drive around town.  She was pleased with the time her new doctor took with her and will go to our local hospital next week for some follow-up tests.  She bought me a tank of gas and I took her home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »

Gratuitous Post #222. :)

George

« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2012, 06:57:43 PM »

And now, I'm off to my sister's to help her hang up a couple of mirrors...meaning, I'M going to hang some mirrors. ;) She needs to get this done tonight because our cousins from Oregon will be visiting this weekend and they're staying at my sister's house...and it's my mom's birthday on Saturday AND it's Father's Day on Sunday.  It'll be busy and fun!

Anyway, be back later.

Laura

« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »

Oh my gosh! That Tony Guy video was hilarious!

Danise

« Reply #225 on: June 14, 2012, 07:19:49 PM »

Hi folks,

It's late and I must to bed but wanted to let you know that the meeting didn't go to good.  I lost my temper and gave the FART err HART rep a good piece of my mind.  I guess I should have told him that I know people.  :)

I am planning on writing the local reporter who helped me with the house and her photographer.  It wouldn't hurt to get some media coverage.

Laters all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #226 on: June 14, 2012, 07:32:38 PM »

BK, have fun giving your regards to Broadway!

Ginny

« Reply #227 on: June 14, 2012, 07:34:29 PM »

I will be E & T tomorrow because it's the grantwriters' annual conference in beautiful Yellow Springs, OH.   Have to be on the road by 7:30am.

'night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #228 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:01 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: June 14, 2012, 07:43:52 PM »

Back from a very interesting and intriguing dinner meeting.  The food at Angus McIndoe is great - I had a cajun seafood pot pie - really yummilicious and not too much food, and a teeny-tiny side of mac and cheese that was great.  For dessert a little bread pudding.  It will be interesting and intriguing to see what comes of this meeting.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: June 14, 2012, 07:44:21 PM »

And I snagged a fourth row center seat for The Best Man on Saturday night after rehearsal.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: June 14, 2012, 08:07:18 PM »

Sounds like you're having a good trip!  sounds great BK

Laura

« Reply #232 on: June 14, 2012, 08:15:13 PM »

I find it very interesting that so many others won the Tony for Mama Rose, except not Ethel Merman.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »

How are you feeling, Mike?

Been okay the last few days. Waiting for my test results.
Many vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #234 on: June 14, 2012, 08:43:03 PM »

Yum
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: June 14, 2012, 08:47:20 PM »

Yum

The bacon was very crispy, by the way, or it could have been really disgusting
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up