Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT'S A GOOD SANDWICH  (Read 8572 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THAT'S A GOOD SANDWICH
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2012, 10:28:02 AM »

Happy Monday, TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2012, 10:41:29 AM »

I hope there is a typo in this paragraph:

BroadwayWorld.com has learned that casting is now under way for a 29-hour reading of ANASTASIA - A New Musical, based on the hit 1997 animated motion picture from Fox Animation Studios. The musical, which is in its Early Stages of development will feature the five songs from the film along with fifteen new songs written for the stage.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-Exclusive-Ahrens-Flahertys-ANASTASIA-Headed-to-the-Stage-Lansbury-Lazar-More-to-Star-in-Reading-20120615#ixzz1xstlKDxX
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2012, 11:14:05 AM »

BroadwayWorld.com has learned that casting is now under way for a 29-hour reading of ANASTASIA - A New Musical, based on the hit 1997 animated motion picture from Fox Animation Studios. The musical, which is in its Early Stages of development will feature the five songs from the film along with fifteen new songs written for the stage.

Read more: http://broadwayworld.com/article/Rialto-Chatter-Exclusive-Ahrens-Flahertys-ANASTASIA-Headed-to-the-Stage-Lansbury-Lazar-More-to-Star-in-Reading-20120615#ixzz1xstlKDxX

What do you hope the typo is?  Do you mean 29-hour reading?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2012, 11:18:39 AM »

Three

Evidently, a post was deleted. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2012, 11:40:20 AM »

So, is anyone going to see "Rock of Ages" the movie?

It's a big "no" from me!

George

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:29 AM »

I want to see it...just to see it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:40 AM »

New fridge/freezer arrived and is working well  :)

Great news, Doug!

George

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »

And I am home.

and I have good news. Remember all those request for office vibes? Here's the story: Toyland is closing and the institute is moving the work to another office in another city; I've been the only employee left on payroll and call, although all I've done for the past year is check in about once aweek to insure there are no breakins or problems, and use the office when I've needed a workspace outside my home. I've not submitted an invoice to the institute since March 2011, but I'm working with another foundation, and I have no complaints. So, knowing the lease expires on July 31, I thought, what if I could get the office for my team to use for music copying, theatre restoration, and other jobs?

The lease is now signed and I am staying there. Toyland will move out and the New Princess Theatre Company will move in.  I'm hoping we can purchase some of the office furniture and equipment from the Institute, and that's still in the air. I can't imagine they'd want to hold onto it, since all they really need are our computer files. So, thank you all for the positive vibes.

Congratulations, Larry!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2012, 11:54:23 AM »

Re Rock of Ages - a big no from these quarters - not even on Blu and Ray.  And that also goes for the stage show. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2012, 11:55:57 AM »

I walked two miles so far today.  I went down to Academy Records and looked around - bought three cheap CDs I didn't have, including a Spanish import of the RCA album Jack the Ripper with music by Pete Rugolo.  Sadly, Skyline Books, which was directly across the street, is no more.  Are there any bookshops left? 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

Just shaved and in about thirty minutes I'll shower, then at four-ten I'll mosey on over to the Drama Book Shop.  They asked me to get there at four-thirty to check in.  Then I will hopefully have five minutes alone with Lanny downstairs to run a song before they bring the people down.  Really hoping for a decent turnout.  On my walk to 18th Street I had one of those impossible NY encounters - ran into Ryan Raftery, who was in What If at the Hudson Theatre.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2012, 12:01:17 PM »

I walked two miles so far today.  I went down to Academy Records and looked around - bought three cheap CDs I didn't have, including a Spanish import of the RCA album Jack the Ripper with music by Pete Rugolo.  Sadly, Skyline Books, which was directly across the street, is no more.  Are there any bookshops left? 

Skyline has been gone for a while. The Strand is still around on 12th Street and Broadway.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2012, 12:01:46 PM »

Just heard from Judy Kaye - she'll try to stop by the signing before it ends.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »

Ditto

Matthew

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »

I'm beginning to get as ticked off as bk gets when his packages don't arrive on time.  I'm ticked off that EMAILS are not being returned in a timely fashion.  Simple questions answered, etc.  How the HELL are we suppose to work around here when the people we are working with don't cooperate??

John G.

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:38 PM »

New fridge/freezer arrived and is working well  :)

Great news, Doug!
Very good news.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2012, 12:17:06 PM »

Exactly.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »

Maybe Liz Callaway will do the singing voice of Anastasia like she did in the movie?
Kelsley Grammar, Bernadette Petters recreating their roles?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2012, 12:33:19 PM »

Oy! Two weeks to deadline and all hell is beginning to break loose with questions on tracking sequence, recording personnel, etc.

I am not going to stress out as I did during BK's last visit, because i want to see him tonight. I may not be attending the Metropolitan Room on Sunday, though, because of the deadline, and that bums me out. We'll have to see how much I accomplish by Sunday afternoon, and, to add to the problem, I have every note I ever wrote on EILEEN sitting before me EXCEPT for the sheet on which I copied down the 1917 article on why the title was changed. Where the fat hell is it?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #79 on: June 15, 2012, 12:38:09 PM »

Wow, the last time I attended a 29 hour reading of a musical was for Shoah!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

John G.

« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »

Maybe Liz Callaway will do the singing voice of Anastasia like she did in the movie?
Kelsley Grammar, Bernadette Petters recreating their roles?
The story said Angela Lansbury was taking part. And that 15 additional songs had been  written to supplement the film score.
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »

I don't know if i will see it before it comes out on dvd. But i would like to see this movie. Hopefully it is good.

John G.

« Reply #82 on: June 15, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

Wow, the last time I attended a 29 hour reading of a musical was for Shoah!
;D
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #83 on: June 15, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »

Oh, I see the confusion!  A "29-Hour reading" is just industry-speak for the whole process for the Equity actors being 29 hours, including all rehearsal time and the readings themselves, though.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 01:06:24 PM by FJL »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 15, 2012, 01:10:58 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the Drama Book Shop

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #85 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »

It's Friday.

It's gonna get hot this afternoon and hotter still through tomorrow.

I may need a hotel room before it's over.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

« Reply #86 on: June 15, 2012, 01:22:45 PM »

Well, some email came in - but like the packages, not the ones I wanted.  I mean, I did like and I needed the email that came in, but it's not he ones I wanted.

Every time I read the title of today's notes, I realize I'm hungry.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: June 15, 2012, 01:50:07 PM »

In a little more than 24 hours Zach will be on his way to China.  Pray for the Chinese.

VIBES ZACK HAS A SAFE AND FANTASTIC TRIP!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2012, 01:51:23 PM »

I have no video plans tonight, Saturday or Sunday. I'll be seeing some strange man from California, live and in person, tonight.

:)

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2012, 01:51:47 PM »

A colleague is taking me out for lunch this afternoon to celebrate my recent nuptials.

Nice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up