Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 10465 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« on: June 15, 2012, 09:35:47 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were wonderful, wonderful and spoke of a day, and now it is time for you to post until the wonderful, wonderful cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:37:01 PM »

And the word of the day is: AHIMSA!

ChasSmith

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 11:40:10 PM »

And I'm the first? -- at two thirty (not to be confused with tooth hurty) in the morning?

It was necessary to find out what E&T meant, since it's invoked by all too many DRs.  Now that I'm enlightened, let's have a little less of it.  Not mentioning any names here (producer Julie).

ChasSmith

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 11:47:19 PM »

A longer wait than anticipated in Grand Central (I never check return times, and I apparently just missed one), plus the annoyingly lengthy ride itself (why do the return trips always seem to be twice as long?), afforded the time to speed-read through about two-thirds of a very entertaining book I just happened to pick up this evening. 

That's all for now, time for some zzz's.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:06:16 AM »

Sounds like another wonderful time was had by all!  Congrats on the successful reading, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, 02:21:53 AM »

Danise: You asked about the brand of fridge I got. It's a Hotpoint - a British label (actually made in Poland) whose parent company in U.S. is General Electric.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, 03:29:56 AM »

Hotpoints are over here, too, Doug.  I once had a Hotpoint Refrigerator.  Later I got a Magic Chef Refrigerator and had a Hotpoint stove.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, 03:30:12 AM »

We are up getting ready to take Zach to the airport.  Oy.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, 03:41:56 AM »

Before we leave, a few tidbits from the follow up book to Squad Helps Dog Bite Victim, this one called Red Tape Holds Up New Bridge (I had forgotten both volumes come from the Columbia Journalism Review):

FORMER PRESIDENT ENTERS DINAH SHORE
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 03:47:17 AM by JMK »

JMK

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:14 AM »

GIVE PALESTINIANS HOMELAND--OTTAWA

JMK

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:35 AM »

POLICE BRUTALITY POSTPONED

JMK

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, 03:42:59 AM »

RETIRED PRIEST MAY MARRY SPRINGSTEEN

JMK

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, 03:45:12 AM »

And finally this cherce correction from DR Laura's own Arizona Republic:

The Jumble Puzzle, which appears on page D1 of Thursday's edition, actually was the puzzle scheduled to appear today.  The Jumble originally scheduled to appear Thursday as well as the answers to Wednesday's puzzle are on page E1 today.  The answers to the puzzle published today appeared Thursday, and the answers to the puzzle published Thursday will appear Saturday.

Ben

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 04:23:30 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »

We will have breakfast and then our morning ablutions and then we will be off to New Jersey for the day. We are going to a friend's wedding.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 04:25:42 AM »

I had a wonderful time yesterday with the group.

The reading was lots of fun and Peter F. asks great questions.

That Guy Haines, apparently he got lost on the subway so he never showed up. He acts like he's never been in New York before!

Ben

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 04:29:50 AM »

Deb, unfortunately no pictures were taken so the even will live on only in our minds.

I ate light at Joe Allen's. I had black bean soup and a spring vegetable salad. Very delicious. Mr. Kimmel kept trying to tempt those of us who didn't order dessert with his cobbler but I (and Julie) resisted. BTW, Julie does look great.

I had to leave around 9:30 (as Larry said at one point, getting up at 5am every day is a killer).

I'm really glad I had a chance to attend yesterday. Seeing everyone (including Tom Nondorf) was a treat and meeting Chas was excellent. He fits right into the wacky HHW crowd.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 04:30:28 AM »

Sorry I have to miss the show tomorrow evening but it will be a long day on Long Island after the long day today in New Jersey.

Later, folks.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:11 AM »

Sorry to hear that we have no pictures from The Event last night!  But it was fun to read about, nonetheless.

The crowd sounds sparkling! And I am sure the conversation, questions, and whispers were indeed entertaining!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 04:49:58 AM »

Travel to China vibes for Zach.....and vibes also for DR JMK and Betsy to endure while he is gone.....Gabe will be an only child for awhile - that should be nice for him!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2012, 04:50:22 AM »

Keep the furniture vibes for DR ELMORE & Co.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2012, 04:53:22 AM »

TOD:

I was email-acquainted with DR JMK through our mutual interest in Frances Farmer.  A couple of times he asked me some Broadway trivia questions.....and then told me that they originated at a site called Haines His Way...which he told me how to find.

I looked at the (old) board, and it was most entertaining.  So I joined, and have been around to annoy the populace ever since.

My profile shows that I have been a member since October 22, 2003.....so almost NINE years.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2012, 04:54:42 AM »

And in fact I have spent a collective total of 45 days, 17 hours, and 10 minutes on HHW.  Hmmmm......your profile can give you some INTERESTING facts.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2012, 04:55:01 AM »

Off to work.  Oh well.....Saturday.

KevinH

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2012, 05:14:09 AM »

Good morning!  I'm glad to hear a good time was had by all at the HHW gathering and book signing!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 05:27:47 AM »

Good morning, all! As soon as it was light in my apartment, I was awake, but I fought the urge and slept until 7:15. Most of my day will be spent on the notes to EILEEN. The deadline is in place and i've got to meet it. Around 11, I will head down to Kinko's to pick up the five orchestra scores I had bound yesterday, then I will head to the NYPL to retrieve the information I managed to lose yesterday. I am really angry at myself for this carelessness since every other note is here, close to hand,

BK, thank you again for hosting a trememdously entertaining evening. The company was great, the food was excellent, and your presence was the most sparkling gift one could have, much more sparkling than the dress of the blonde at the table next to us!

DR Julie looked glorious last night, and everyone - beginning with me - gave her hell for being E&T; she is truly missed. I usually see DR FJL only at his apartment when I get an invitation to one of Skip's wonderful meals, so it's always a treat to see him out and about. Marriage hasn't changed our DR Ben at all, and I really enjoyed talking to DR ChasSmith, who assimilated with the crew from the madhouse very quickly. No dog he!

We have to get some of our regional DRs into the City. DR MBarnum is excluded, since he assimilated so well he now thinks he's Eloise and my fire escape is the Plaza.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 05:28:44 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes for Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 05:45:13 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  I could have slept till noon, I'm sure.  Actually, for some weird reason the clock alarm went off at six.  How that could happen I have no idea since I did not touch it and it hadn't gone off the night before.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 05:48:49 AM »

I ended up at HHW, thanks to Liz Callaway in 2003. While I credit, and daily thank, BK for revving up my career, as his production schedule got heavier, I often turned him down because I was on another project. As a result, I missed completely the ugliness he was going through with the label that shall not be named, and when I finally heard about it, it was an an even uglier, and prejudiced,  picture of the mess from the source of allegations who replaced BK.

So, since I didn't get my first computer until September 2001, I completely missed BK's website, but Liz told me that he had one, and as soon as our meeting was over, I came home, found HHW, lurked a bit, and sent BK an email. My memory is that it was around Thanksgiving, and I wished him a happy holiday. In his response, he asked me if I'd do an interview and i said yes and forgot about it. A few weeks later, the interview showed up, and I answered all of the questions. When the interview wwnt up on HHW, I lurked about out of curiosity to see what people would say. Very little was said about the interview, but I found that I really enjoyed relating with the DRs daily, and so, at some point in the spring of 2004, i joined HHW. I've had two periods where I was off the board for several months with poor health, August 2004 was the first, after I got back from a good job at Goodspeed  to deal with a horrid abscess requiring surgery, a eighteen feet ofcollapsed bookcases needing repair and no air conditioning. I was in no mood to be social, and I would respond to BK's emails with "I'll be back when my mood improves." Shprtly after that, for reasons I don't remember now, there was an HHW get-together, with me on crutches, and DRS Noel(?), Ben, and td(?) at Barrymore's as I rcall. It's been too long now, but I feel the HHW clan has become a major part of my family.

Doug R

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49:21 AM »

Hotpoints are over here, too, Doug.  I once had a Hotpoint Refrigerator.  Later I got a Magic Chef Refrigerator and had a Hotpoint stove.

I've learnt something  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up