Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 10469 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 05:49:52 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 05:50:04 AM »

Page Two!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 05:50:35 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes for Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Couldn't have said it better.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 05:53:57 AM »

TOD: I lived in Middletown, Ohio, for about a year in the mid-1980s during which time I interviewed a native son, one Larry Moore, for the newspaper. We kept in touch off and on over the next 20 or so years, and it was through him that I came to HHW. I peeked in occasionally before joining through him, and I, too, am grateful for the family I've made here.
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 06:14:09 AM »

Sincere thanks to all for the vibes re:  Zach.  I'm going to be a nervous wreck for the next two weeks, but what else is new?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 06:14:48 AM »

The airport was insanely busy this morning, but only at United, of course.  They finally asked the parents to leave so that there would be more room for actual passengers.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 06:15:54 AM »

It frankly amazes me that an airplane the size that they'll be taking can stay in the air for 12 hours, which is how long it takes to fly from Vancouver BC to China.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 06:22:22 AM »

And the word of the day is: AHIMSA!

And The Song Of The Day Is :  LIVING TOGETHER, GROWING TOGETHER

Michael

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 06:39:55 AM »

And the word of the day is: AHIMSA!

And The Song Of The Day Is :  LIVING TOGETHER, GROWING TOGETHER

Here is Tony Bennette (!!) singing Living Together Growing Together

http://youtu.be/Aq-3F4OEw7M
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 06:40:11 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 06:41:13 AM »

I think (not 100% sure) that I emailed BK asking what he was up to and he told me about HHW.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 06:50:11 AM »

TOD: I lived in Middletown, Ohio, for about a year in the mid-1980s during which time I interviewed a native son, one Larry Moore, for the newspaper. We kept in touch off and on over the next 20 or so years, and it was through him that I came to HHW. I peeked in occasionally before joining through him, and I, too, am grateful for the family I've made here.

Our DR JohnG is the sort of gentleman I aspire to become and know I'll never reach. What he doesn't tell you is that once he'd interviewed me, I killed the article.

Several well-intentioned friends in Middletown who knew about my participation in the Pulitzer Prize win for SUNDAY iN THE PARK WITH GEORGE decided, without asking my opinion, to take my story to the local newspaper. One day I got a call from this young reporter asking for an interview about the subject. I was very unhappy to learn about this turn of events since I felt, while I was proud of the achievement, that it was Steve Sondheim's business, and not mine, to discuss my involvement, if he chose to do so.

After my interview with this pleasant young man, I called the editor of the newspaper and begged him to kill the story. My friends in Middletwn were very unhappy with my decision and I think I did the right thing; it was my tale to tell when I chose, not when I was forced.

Then, in 1989 or 1990, I was working on a show by Barry Kleinbort in Cohoes, NY, at the very haunted and spooky Cohoes Music Hall, a jewel box of a theatre and one helluva a scary place. As I left the theatre one night, a pleasant young man introduced himself to me. It was Mr JohnG who was working for a local newspaper.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 06:52:55 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 07:01:28 AM »

And, O happy day!, I have found the missing sheet of information. No trip to NYPL needed after all. I must still get to Kinko's so I will do that shortly.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 07:02:46 AM »

TOD:

My profile shows that I have been a member since October 22, 2003.....so almost NINE years.

That October 2003 date is the date this new board (that looks like the old board) was formed. Before this board where we must sign in was formed, we had one where you could just sign a name. My point is that you may have been around longer than that, JRand.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 07:04:39 AM »

I had discovered BK on some other board (that I won't mention). After he left that board, I was very sad, and so I guess I google-searched around and somehow found him on HHW. That was way back -- a long long time ago.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 07:17:57 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  I slept about 10 hours last night and got up at 8am feeling quite refreshed, but very glad to be able to stay home today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 07:22:13 AM »

There was another "Laura" here at the time. I didn't want to take the name. So I registered under another name so she could use "Laura." She chose "Laura II."  Some time after she left, I reregistered under "Laura." Just a little background for Chas.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 07:27:39 AM »

TOD:

I met somebody named Bruce Kimmel, and he told me about it.
You can dream…or you can do.

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »

Interesting to find so many DRs who came from, or are living in, the Midwest.  Columbus is my hometown and my dad now lives in Cincinnati, as does my sister and her family, and a couple of branches of the family were clustered in both the Ashland and Sandusky areas for a while.  I later went to school in Cleveland, so even though we (as a family) also lived in Fort Lauderdale for some years, and I lived in L.A. for even more years, Ohio is still the home base.

John G.

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »

And, O happy day!, I have found the missing sheet of information. No trip to NYPL needed after all. I must still get to Kinko's so I will do that shortly.
Perhaps you can find my mind in your papers. It's been missing for some time now.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2012, 07:41:13 AM »

TOD - When I started going to NYC for work in October of 2004, I spent some time with DR Elmore, our longtime friend from here in Middletown, OH.  At the time he and my high school/college friend Doug were the only 2 people we knew in the city.  Larry told me then about this site and I lurked for about a month before DR JRand posted a picture of a mystery woman who I could identify.  Signed up, ID'd the photo, and the rest is history.  Thanks to DR Elmore bringing me here, we now have many friends in New York and we no longer feel like tourists when we're there.

And, that same week in 2004, DR Elmore kept saying he was "juggling two women," because his friend Jane was also visiting from out of town.  I'd been on here for several months before we connected the dots and realized that he was talking about our very own DR Jane and a year later she and I met in person.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2012, 07:44:03 AM »

DR JMK, I'm sending my best travel vibes to your DS Zach and my best "survivor-Mom" vibes to you and Betsy.  I well remember sending our DS Rob off to Mexico with the church youth group.  What a great experience for your son!

Laura

« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2012, 07:49:27 AM »

Vibes to the K family. It is a wonderful experience for Zach!

Ben

« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:11 AM »

My office is fairly relaxed about listening to music or other things (with headphones) while working. That being the case I scoured the Internet looking for radio stations and/or Web sites that played show music. I found the BBC and I also found Bruce's old site which had a radio program by the great Donald Feltham. I didn't know at the time that these were old, archived shows because the meltdown had happened. Once I listened to the last of the shows that's all there was. I began looking for Feltham and Kimmel and that lead me to this site (in it's old format) way back in 2002. I haven't been here since the beginning in 2001 but I did arrive a few months later in the spring of 2002. I came for the music and just stayed.

Ben

« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2012, 07:52:55 AM »

Zach has quite the experience ahead of him. Sounds great. And the time will fly and he will be home in no time perhaps even speaking Chinese!

Kerry

« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2012, 07:58:43 AM »

I had discovered BK on some other board (that I won't mention). After he left that board, I was very sad, and so I guess I google-searched around and somehow found him on HHW. That was way back -- a long long time ago.

DITTO!
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »

I'd been playing the trivia contest in Bruce's notes for a while before I'd been aware of the postings.  then Bk mentioned he'd put clues in the postings (or something to that effect) so i became aware of the postings.  All this was around the time BK got involved with doing Skip and my THE LAST STARFIGHTER original cast album in 2005.   

But Skip  knew Bruce since at least 1996, when Bruce saw Skip's show TIME AND AGAIN in San Diego.  And I'd known BK's work since the 1970's of course, and I was even at the NY premiere (well, the 6 pm showing anyway, i had to work during the day) of FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL back in the day..

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2012, 08:21:23 AM »

Interesting to find so many DRs who came from, or are living in, the Midwest.  Columbus is my hometown and my dad now lives in Cincinnati, as does my sister and her family, and a couple of branches of the family were clustered in both the Ashland and Sandusky areas for a while.  I later went to school in Cleveland, so even though we (as a family) also lived in Fort Lauderdale for some years, and I lived in L.A. for even more years, Ohio is still the home base.

DR ChasSmith, we should have a Midwest gathering sometime when you're visiting Cincinnati.  Maybe DRs JRand and Charles Pogue would join us!

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »

Before DR Elmore introduced me to this site, he'd introduced me to BK's work by sending me a copy of Liz Callaway's Frank Loesser CD.  A few years later, I stumbled across a Borders special compilation of highlights from the V-S series and that led me to many of BK's other CD's and a lot more of DR Elmore's work.  That Borders CD is still a favorite.

ChasSmith

« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2012, 09:26:56 AM »

BTW, I came to HHW by way of HTF (Home Theater Forum), having followed the wit and wisdom of our own MR BK there -- one of the notable, shining voices of reason and sanity on that site.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up