Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 10466 times)

Doug R

Re: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2012, 09:37:14 AM »

I recently mentioned that when I saw PROMETHEUS it was shown within a 1.85:1 screen width. I wrote to the head office of the theatre chain to complain and they are investigating why it happened. It was, obviously, a mistake. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 09:38:11 AM »

I think it was the fall of 2002 when I discovered HHW (old board), and didn't really "Get it" at first, but then I jumped in and I've been here on and off ever since.  It's hard to keep up during the busy parts of life, but I've made some great friends here and it's a great place to ask for an opinion, share knowledge, share "stuff" and things like that.  I'm ever grateful for the support, vibes, and net-friends I've made here.  We all help each other here, it's a wonderful place.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

We are off to the Y for my first exercise since Tuesday - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »

Matthew, were you the one who posted the Broadway Diva youtube? That's the best thing EVER. I can't tell you how much time I have wasted watching that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 10:23:07 AM by Laura »
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2012, 10:39:11 AM »

Page three at 10:00 a.m. on the Left Coast?   Wow!  Perhaps BK should move to New York, so that I have more to read in the morning.   ;D
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2012, 10:46:17 AM »

Good morning, all! As soon as it was light in my apartment, I was awake, but I fought the urge and slept until 7:15. Most of my day will be spent on the notes to EILEEN. The deadline is in place and i've got to meet it. Around 11, I will head down to Kinko's to pick up the five orchestra scores I had bound yesterday, then I will head to the NYPL to retrieve the information I managed to lose yesterday. I am really angry at myself for this carelessness since every other note is here, close to hand,

BK, thank you again for hosting a trememdously entertaining evening. The company was great, the food was excellent, and your presence was the most sparkling gift one could have, much more sparkling than the dress of the blonde at the table next to us!

DR Julie looked glorious last night, and everyone - beginning with me - gave her hell for being E&T; she is truly missed. I usually see DR FJL only at his apartment when I get an invitation to one of Skip's wonderful meals, so it's always a treat to see him out and about. Marriage hasn't changed our DR Ben at all, and I really enjoyed talking to DR ChasSmith, who assimilated with the crew from the madhouse very quickly. No dog he!

We have to get some of our regional DRs into the City. DR MBarnum is excluded, since he assimilated so well he now thinks he's Eloise and my fire escape is the Plaza.

LOL!
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

Matthew, were you the one who posted the Broadway Diva youtube? That's the best thing EVER. I can't tell you how much time I have wasted watching that.

Fantastic, my job here is done!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »

T.O.D.

I came to this site by way of six degrees of Jerry Herman.  My dear friend Sharry and I had just finished (I think) our run of HELLO DOLLY!; and since she was not computer savvy, she asked if I could try to find an address or P.O. Box for Jerry Herman by way of the computer search.  Well Jerry Herman took me to HELLO DOLLY!, which took me to Carol Channing, which took me to recordings which took me to producer Bruce Kimmel, which took me to Guy Hianes and this site.

I lurked at the site for about a week.  I was amazed at this little group of witty, knowledgeable, and entertainment-oriented souls.  One day I got up the courage to comment on something, and they were all so wlecoming that I stayed.

My profle says I joined October 21, 2003, and since DR Jrand's profile says October 22, 2003; I believe this must be the date of the new board, and not the day we joined.  I thought I had found this site in 2002, but what do I know?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 11:43:33 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2012, 11:21:59 AM »

T.O.D.

I came to this site by way of six degrees of Jerry Herman.  My dear friend Sharry and I had just finished (I think) our run of HELLO DOLLY!; and since she was not computer savvy, she asked if I could try to find an address or P.O. Box for Jerry Herman by way of the computer search.  Well Jerry Herman took me to HELLO DOLLY!, which took me to Carol Channing, which took me to recordings which took me to producer Bruce Kimmel, which took me to Guy Hianes and this site.

I lurked at the site for about a week.  I was amazed at this little group of witty, knowledgeable, and entertainment-oriented souls.  One day I got up the courage to comment on something, and they were all so wlecoming that I stayed.

My profle says I joined October 21, 2003, aqnd since DR Jrand's profile says October 22, 2003; I believe this must be the date of the new board, and not the day we joined.  I thought I had found this site in 2002, but what do I know?

And, as elmore said, the people who gather at HHW quickly became friends and then, over the course of the years, they have become an important part of my family.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: AHIMSA!

And The Song Of The Day Is :  LIVING TOGETHER, GROWING TOGETHER

Here is Tony Bennette (!!) singing Living Together Growing Together

http://youtu.be/Aq-3F4OEw7M

Or, if you prefer, from the shipwreck called LOST HORIZON..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp8vydLWGJk&feature=related
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2012, 11:38:49 AM »

Zach has quite the experience ahead of him. Sounds great. And the time will fly and he will be home in no time perhaps even speaking Chinese!

And I bet he will learn some great Chinese swear words!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2012, 11:58:12 AM »

I have finished the EILEEN history. Now i've got to make sense of the 1798 Irish rebellion.

First, lunch!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:55:59 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2012, 12:36:12 PM »

Oops, guess I forgot to logout when we left for the Y.  Had a good workout - 1.3 miles on the treadmill and 1200 steps on the NuStep.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2012, 01:06:39 PM »

Back from a good but not long enough rehearsal - she'd booked the room for three hours and I'd asked her to change that to four but she forgot, I guess.  So, we spent the first two hours running the show but constantly stopping and starting so I could make little changes or give notes.  Then we took a fifteen-minute break and then began doing what I assumed would be a full run-through, but at the halfway point we had to vacate the room - a shame, it was going very well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2012, 01:09:16 PM »

The significant and act-altering changes I'd made at the last LA rehearsals all worked well.  And the final large addition I made just two weeks ago really helped everything and finally made the act seem structured and whole.  The new order works really well, and the patter all works now.  Most of my notes today were about speeding up the delivery - she has a tendency to make very unnatural pauses within sentences and it seems like she's trying to remember her next line - she isn't, but that's what it seems like.  And then I just hammer home that she has to speak the patter as if it's the first time and she's making it up and is excited to be telling these stories.  When she does it right it works great. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »

Rehearsing next door to us for a play I've never heard of at some theater on some Cape, was our Brain leading lady from NYMF, Amy Bodnar, who I thought was amazing in the Brain.  Hadn't seen her since, but it was great to see her and she looks fantastic.  We had a nice chat and I gave her many compliments.  And then out came Randy Graff, so it was like old home week.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2012, 01:12:02 PM »

Then we moseyed on over to Joe Allen for some lunch.  I had the tostada with eggs, chorizo, and whatever.  It was, as always great.  Now I'm relaxing until show time, and after the show I'm meeting Crista Moore at Joe Allen.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2012, 02:52:26 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Glad to hear the book-signing was such a success.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2012, 02:53:24 PM »

And finally this cherce correction from DR Laura's own Arizona Republic:

The Jumble Puzzle, which appears on page D1 of Thursday's edition, actually was the puzzle scheduled to appear today.  The Jumble originally scheduled to appear Thursday as well as the answers to Wednesday's puzzle are on page E1 today.  The answers to the puzzle published today appeared Thursday, and the answers to the puzzle published Thursday will appear Saturday.

Oh, that is cherce indeed!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2012, 02:55:04 PM »

Received a vintage program from a long ago concert (I'll let you guess who the artist was, and, no, it's not Edmundo Ros), and inside were two ticket stubs wrapped in a paper with these cherce comments:

October 25, 1970
U of U
Debbie & I
rained
Negroe folk singer
Jewish comedian

The really funny thing in all of that is that U of U is no doubt my alma mater, the University of Utah.  I probably knew the note writer.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »

DR MBarnum is excluded, since he assimilated so well he now thinks he's Eloise and my fire escape is the Plaza.

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2012, 02:56:47 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Travel Vibes for Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DITTO!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2012, 02:59:21 PM »

Vibes to the K family. It is a wonderful experience for Zach!

Ditto.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2012, 02:59:22 PM »

Will these notes EVER end? I am determined to be finished by no later than 3pm tomorrow. It's such tedious work, though. And then on Monday or Tuesday, I will have to arm wrestle through every sentence with the Man from Philadelphia. Someone, shoot me.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »

I think it was the fall of 2002 when I discovered HHW (old board), and didn't really "Get it" at first, but then I jumped in and I've been here on and off ever since.  It's hard to keep up during the busy parts of life, but I've made some great friends here and it's a great place to ask for an opinion, share knowledge, share "stuff" and things like that.  I'm ever grateful for the support, vibes, and net-friends I've made here.  We all help each other here, it's a wonderful place.

"Net-friends." I like that word. Much better than "Internet acquaintances."

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »

I'm having some problems with the quote box today. Sometimes it doesn't clear out the old quote and then they get jumbled. Thus, I deleted the jumbled post.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »

Glad to hear that Doug has his new HOTPOINT appliance, that Larry has the new lease, and hopefully some furniture and office equipment, as well as the formerly E&T information.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2012, 03:16:14 PM »

I shall be taking a Taco Walk shortly. I shall return.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2012, 03:17:25 PM »

Page three at 10:00 a.m. on the Left Coast?   Wow!  Perhaps BK should move to New York, so that I have more to read in the morning.   ;D

It is now 3:00 p.m. on the Left Coast and we are still on page three!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up