Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE ZONE  (Read 12548 times)

ChasSmith

Re: IN THE ZONE
« Reply #150 on: June 24, 2012, 04:23:58 PM »

"The Ass With the Title" should be the title of something.

ChasSmith

« Reply #151 on: June 24, 2012, 04:24:26 PM »

NO!  6, DAMN IT.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:29:57 PM by ChasSmith »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: June 24, 2012, 04:25:33 PM »

DR Jane re: the ebook article you posted last night.

I would definitely borrow ebooks if my library had new releases for kindle.

But right now they have only for kobo. And i don't even think they have that many new releases. So double no for me.

But since i get a lot of free/cheap ebooks from amazon, and a bunch of new ebooks from netgalley and a lot of new release hardcovers from the library I really don't mind not being able to check out ebooks.

Our library is now offering kindle books and the selection for those seems to be rapidly growing.  When I can't read the newer books in hardcover and they aren't available from the eBook library I must purchase them at the full price, which of course is what the publishers want.

Personally i think a kobo is fine if you want to buy all new books at full price. But not if you want free ebooks or deals (there is nobody out there posting the deals of the day like they do for the kindle).

I don't like the idea of new ebooks being so expensive. Even if i would be tempted to buy them i just can't bring myself to do it (and this is even with having a lot of giftcards at amazon). I just don't feel like a new ebook should be $12 if i can buy it for cheaper in hardcover at places like the book depository (with free shipping).

I'm always impressed with the deals you find & I'm trying to follow your example a little bit.  I too cringed at paying the higher price for an ebook but at times have no choice if I want it.

Our local book store, which I like to support and was more willing to pay the higher price to do so, no longer offers eBooks.  When I purchase a book from Barnes and Noble I think that I am supporting their store, and in turn am supporting DR td.

Jane

« Reply #153 on: June 24, 2012, 04:26:55 PM »

They put a lane at the pool just for swimming. Supposedly is going to be up all season. yeah!

So i swam for the first time in many many months. ANd surprisingly I was not tired. I really thought i would have a tough time. And i can't really figure out why. I have been starting to exercise more and more in the last month. But i haven't been biking everyday (maybe twice a week only).

I have always found that the first couple of laps are the hardest. Then it gets easier and easier.

How many people were swimming in the one lane?  I think it is a great idea so people can go any time they want.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: June 24, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »

My niece is a pretty good swimmer now. So i don't have to stay with her all the time in the pool. I had my mom keep an eye on her while i was swimming.

:)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: June 24, 2012, 04:28:26 PM »

They put a lane at the pool just for swimming. Supposedly is going to be up all season. yeah!

So i swam for the first time in many many months. ANd surprisingly I was not tired. I really thought i would have a tough time. And i can't really figure out why. I have been starting to exercise more and more in the last month. But i haven't been biking everyday (maybe twice a week only).

I have always found that the first couple of laps are the hardest. Then it gets easier and easier.

How many people were swimming in the one lane?  I think it is a great idea so people can go any time they want.

What are the other lanes in the pool used for?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #156 on: June 24, 2012, 04:28:34 PM »

What do directors see in that scrawny, underbite-afflicted Keira Knightley? It was bad enough that she was Elizabeth Bennett. Now she's Anna Karenina in a new movie.

LOL I don't care who is Anna Karenina, I don't plan to watch it.  Keith might have another opinion on the subject.

Anna is one of my all-time favorite books. I loved it so much I even went to the musical. And then I went and bought the CD, even though the score isn't one of my favorites.

That musical is atrocious! I'd rather be ht by the train than listen to it again.

;D   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: June 24, 2012, 04:28:35 PM »

Having seen her play Alice in TITANIC, I was suprised at how pretty she actually is out of character make-up.

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #158 on: June 24, 2012, 04:30:17 PM »

What do directors see in that scrawny, underbite-afflicted Keira Knightley? It was bad enough that she was Elizabeth Bennett. Now she's Anna Karenina in a new movie.

LOL I don't care who is Anna Karenina, I don't plan to watch it.  Keith might have another opinion on the subject.

Anna is one of my all-time favorite books. I loved it so much I even went to the musical. And then I went and bought the CD, even though the score isn't one of my favorites.

That musical is atrocious! I'd rather be ht by the train than listen to it again.
"Under a train!" -- my favorite song at the end.

LOL-this reminds me of "Springtime For Hitler".

Jane

« Reply #159 on: June 24, 2012, 04:34:54 PM »

At our pool there are all sorts of classes going on, including a strenuous swim class which uses all the lanes.  There is a section for toddlers & non swimmers.  Now that school is out there are classes for children and loads of free swim time. 

Right now the hour & forty-five minute free swim time in the three lanes is earlier than it used to be and less crowded.  I like this. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #160 on: June 24, 2012, 04:36:38 PM »

I  guess it has been a lot of years since I have gone to a public pool.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: June 24, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »

Cilla's grand nephew couldn't be any cuter. Great photo. When will you tell him you're a jail bird?

LOL.  Thanks Jean and everyone else for the good wishes for little no name.   Jennifer, they didn't know whether he was a boy or girl before he was born.  They didn't want to know.  Everyone but my brother thought it was going to be a girl, so I'm not sure they really thought about a boys name

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: June 24, 2012, 04:43:35 PM »

Today I got an incredible deal at a moving sale.  It's a beautiful little marble top chest.  There is also a marble top backsplash it's all a rose colored marble.   Everything is original and there are only a few spots where the maple veneer is missing.   My neighbors sell antiques so I asked them to look at it after I bought it.  They said it's a comode from the 1880s and if they were to sell it they would list it at $450-$500.  I bought it for $50.   I brought it in the mud room until I have a chance to clean it well.  It's not bad, but since I don't really know where it's been, I want to give it a good cleaning and will use a good furniture oil on it.   I promised the former owner I'd take very good care of it
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 04:53:09 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: June 24, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »

I should say the mud room is still air conditioned so it won't be in the humidity, which is terrible today

Jane

« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2012, 04:47:50 PM »

I should say the mud room is still air conditioned so it won't be in the humidity, which is terrible today

:)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2012, 04:49:45 PM »

George,  I have the Broadway one with Melissa Erico.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:35 PM »

Can't wait for Next Food Network Star tonight. 

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »

"The Ass With the Title" should be the title of something.

Someone's ass?  ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2012, 04:56:41 PM »

Not sure when I'll go meet the baby.  Everyone is so crazy about things up there.   I'm going up around the weekend of the 7th when my other nephews will all be there.  I'll probably just wait until then.

Cillaliz

« Reply #169 on: June 24, 2012, 04:57:17 PM »

Last I heard, little no name still has no name. I haven't tried to call Sam today.  I got so tired of my brother running interference, I decided to just wait a few days. 

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: June 24, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »

Just me. Then another lady joined. But i was able to alternate with her so she was always on the other side.

Afterwards my sister swam for a few minutes. But she's not used to swimming much and gets tired more easily. My niece even swam a few laps. Although i don't think this is really meant for kids. But since there was nobody using the lane...

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: June 24, 2012, 05:16:16 PM »

This is an outdoor summer pool. Not the indoor pool i go to in the winter where half the pool is adult laps and the other half is adult exercising.

The other lanes are for people to just do whatever. Mostly kids playing. Last year you'd have to ask them to put up a lane because you could not swim with the kids playing.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2012, 05:17:06 PM »

Not sure when I'll go meet the baby.  Everyone is so crazy about things up there.   I'm going up around the weekend of the 7th when my other nephews will all be there.  I'll probably just wait until then.

Every day you wait he will be one day cuter.

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: June 24, 2012, 05:18:28 PM »

At our pool there are all sorts of classes going on, including a strenuous swim class which uses all the lanes.  There is a section for toddlers & non swimmers.  Now that school is out there are classes for children and loads of free swim time. 

Right now the hour & forty-five minute free swim time in the three lanes is earlier than it used to be and less crowded.  I like this. 

What is a stenuous swim class?

They do have adult swim team at this pool. But I don't think i'm eligible to do it (although i would like to). I am only allowed to go when my niece goes (i have a babysitter pass for $50 for the whole summer).

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: June 24, 2012, 05:19:54 PM »

Cilla's grand nephew couldn't be any cuter. Great photo. When will you tell him you're a jail bird?

LOL.  Thanks Jean and everyone else for the good wishes for little no name.   Jennifer, they didn't know whether he was a boy or girl before he was born.  They didn't want to know.  Everyone but my brother thought it was going to be a girl, so I'm not sure they really thought about a boys name

Okay i thought they would have picked out boys and girls names. That is too funny. They didn't want to know. Yet they thought it was a girl? If they didn't want to know then they should have names for boys and girls :)

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: June 24, 2012, 05:20:52 PM »

Here every neighborhood has outdoor pools open in the summer. They are really great for kids. They get swimming lessons included 4 days a week.

Jane

« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2012, 05:21:23 PM »

Just me. Then another lady joined. But i was able to alternate with her so she was always on the other side.

Afterwards my sister swam for a few minutes. But she's not used to swimming much and gets tired more easily. My niece even swam a few laps. Although i don't think this is really meant for kids. But since there was nobody using the lane...

I like days like this.  Yesterday, from the gym above, I looked down and was amazed the lanes were almost empty.  I saw two young girls sharing the lane.  The younger of the two kept stopping while the older one checked on her and waited.  Was your niece able to swim the entire lane without resting?  If so, I'm impressed.

Your sister needs to swim with you more often ;)

Jane

« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Here every neighborhood has outdoor pools open in the summer. They are really great for kids. They get swimming lessons included 4 days a week.

Every neighborhood!  :)

Jennifer

« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2012, 05:22:30 PM »

Can't wait for Next Food Network Star tonight. 

I am liking this year too. But here it is only on on Thursday. I am pretty sure we are at the same episode as you, just 4 days behind.

Do you find when you watch that you can tell which people will 100% NOT be the winner. I do every year. And this year is no different.

Right now there is one person i really love.

Jane

« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2012, 05:23:05 PM »

Kitty has been hanging out with me for the last hour. :)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up