Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE ZONE  (Read 12404 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: IN THE ZONE
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35:37 AM »

Page Two
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2012, 09:35:57 AM »

See Chas, that wasn't too hard.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2012, 09:38:33 AM »

But isn't it the quality of the post rather than the quantity?

FJL

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:10 AM »

Oh wait I'm just being silly

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:51 AM »

Try and convince BK of that.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2012, 09:47:53 AM »

I hate it when I screw something up and have to do it again. So, it's back to Staples.  Thank God the young lady at the photocopying desk is very good and very smart.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 09:48:48 AM »

I hate it when I screw something up and have to do it again. So, it's back to Staples.  Thank God the young lady at the photocopying desk is very good and very smart.

Oh no! 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2012, 10:07:47 AM »

Oh no! 

Luckily, it was small, compared to some of my epic ones, and taken care of! I have to cart all the recyclable trash to the basement and - this could be grisly - clean off my desk.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »

Since this is make with the topics day, and and since I didn't want to post anything non-Hitchcockian on Hitchcock day, here's another autograph scan.  It's one of my favorites, being a rather unusual object to have signed:  a bootleg album found in a small store on Hollywood Blvd. in 1972 or 1973.

I went to see SINBAD and JASON at the Walter Reade several years ago when Harryhausen was there to promote the large retrospective book of his works.  People had taken various other things for him to sign, but nothing very unusual, so this got plenty of attention from other folks in line.  Harryhausen didn't show any particular reaction to it himself, but it was interesting to hear that his people shortly thereafter were asking that no more "outside materials" be taken up for signing.  (They did want to sell books, after all.)

The big lovely surprise of the evening was Kathryn Grant Crosby having come to enjoy the film as well, and she received lots of love and attention.  She was extremely gracious and willing to chat, and seemed very pleased when I asked if she'd sign this.

It was an all around great evening, with gorgeous 35mm prints of the films, a satisfyingly generous Q&A and demo session by Harryhausen who had a couple of the skeletons, etc., with him, and above all, my bringing home a prize which now happily resides in a $2.99 LP album frame.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:26:28 AM by ChasSmith »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »

Since this is make with the topics day, and since I didn't want to post anything non-Hitchcockian on Hitchcock day, here's another autograph scan.  It's one of my favorites, being a rather unusual object to have signed:  a bootleg album found in a small store on Hollywood Blvd. in 1972 or 1973.

I went to see SINBAD and JASON at the Walter Reade several years ago when Harryhausen was there to promote the large retrospective book of his works.  People had taken various other things for him to sign, but nothing very unusual, so this got plenty of attention from other folks in line.  Harryhausen didn't show any particular reaction to it himself, but it was interesting to hear that his people shortly thereafter were asking that no more "outside materials" be taken up for signing.  (They did want to sell books, after all.)

The big lovely surprise of the evening was Kathryn Grant Crosby having come to enjoy the film as well, and she received lots of love and attention.  She was extremely gracious and willing to chat, and seemed very pleased when I asked if she'd sign this.

It was an all around great evening, with gorgeous 35mm prints of the films, a satisfyingly generous Q&A and demo session by Harryhausen who had a couple of the skeletons, etc., with him, and above all, my bringing home a prize which now happily resides in a $2.99 LP album frame.

Very cool.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2012, 10:33:23 AM »

DR John G thank you for taking the time, and sharing, the photo of the beautiful field of sunflowers.

Jane

« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »

Bruce all that for $30-WOW!!

Jane

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2012, 10:35:55 AM »

From DR George:
Interesting.  I e-mailed it to my work and will see if anyone else has heard/read about this.  They certainly have stats on usage, but I don't know what their expectations are

I am interested in hearing the responses you receive.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2012, 10:39:12 AM »

I saw this online, but thought I had better post it here before everyone in the universe has already seen it.

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2012, 10:41:40 AM »

DR Jane re: the ebook article you posted last night.

I would definitely borrow ebooks if my library had new releases for kindle.

But right now they have only for kobo. And i don't even think they have that many new releases. So double no for me.

But since i get a lot of free/cheap ebooks from amazon, and a bunch of new ebooks from netgalley and a lot of new release hardcovers from the library I really don't mind not being able to check out ebooks.

Our library is now offering kindle books and the selection for those seems to be rapidly growing.  When I can't read the newer books in hardcover and they aren't available from the eBook library I must purchase them at the full price, which of course is what the publishers want.

ChasSmith

« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »

I saw this online, but thought I had better post it here before everyone in the universe has already seen it.

Excellent!!!   :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2012, 10:44:58 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Nine and a half hours - a good thing, since I have to get up at six tomorrow morning.

Jane

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:12 AM »

DR Jennifer when I scroll books on my Nook that friends have read and liked it gives me my entire facebook list.  One of these I'm going to see what happens if I try to purchase one of the free or cheap books you have liked.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

Can someone please explain to JMK how to do a photo - the upload folder is always going to be full because our host will not help with this site anymore.

Jane

« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2012, 10:46:18 AM »

I ended up doing OK at the garage sale.  We sold all of the big items save one, which I donated to Salvation Army.  The BDs and DVDs that didn't sell at my "exorbitant" garage sale prices were then sold en masse to the eBay guy who always agrees to purchase my lots for his business.  So we once again kind of have a garage.  :)

Congrats on the almost cleared out garage.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2012, 10:48:55 AM »

Can someone please explain to JMK how to do a photo - the upload folder is always going to be full because our host will not help with this site anymore.

First I would have to know how to do it.  I always use my Photo Bucket account.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2012, 10:55:03 AM »

First I would have to know how to do it.  I always use my Photo Bucket account.

I've been using DR Jrand61's method, which is to place a URL for the image between the "img" and "/img" commands.  Those are actually in [] brackets, and are easily accessed by clicking on the second-from-left tag, the one underneath the italics "I", in the editor.

(So, your image first has to reside somewhere on the World Wide Web.)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:01:42 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2012, 11:11:13 AM »

Maybe what I described is what TCB does with the Photobucket account... or does that involve another method entirely?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »

Maybe what I described is what TCB does with the Photobucket account... or does that involve another method entirely?

Basically, except after I download the photo to PB, I just cut and paste the URL, so I don't have to remember how to do it.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »

I put that on my Face book page after I took it from Jason Carter.   I think I laughed (and mean really LAUGHED) for quite a few minutes after I saw it.   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2012, 11:19:12 AM »

I'm even thinking about making that my desk top. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »

I'm even thinking about making that my desk top. 

Shame on you!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »

CNN.com has a photo feature on the Coney Island Mermaid Parade that, I believe, Chas was talking about the other day.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 11:31:58 AM »

I guess I will have to take us to the next page.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 11:32:39 AM »

Just one more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up