Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: WACKY  (Read 14954 times)

MBarnum

Re: WACKY
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »

I do believe we will try Happy BiBimbap House, the new Korean place that opened around the corner from my apartment complex.

MBarnum

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2012, 04:35:49 PM »

I do feel for all of you who are in the heat this week...

...it has hovered around 65 to 70 here in Salem, Oregon, USA all week...with the occasional rain, sprinkles, and/or showers mixed in. Very pleasant.

KevinH

« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:51 PM »

The 5:00 news coverage over the Holmes-Cruise mess was so fawning and ridiculous that I had to change stations before I vomited on the floor.

Who gets custody of the turkey baster?

Funny!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2012, 05:02:55 PM »

I do feel for all of you who are in the heat this week...

...it has hovered around 65 to 70 here in Salem, Oregon, USA all week...with the occasional rain, sprinkles, and/or showers mixed in. Very pleasant.

Your not making any new friends, Mikey!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »

The 5:00 news coverage over the Holmes-Cruise mess was so fawning and ridiculous that I had to change stations before I vomited on the floor.

Who gets custody of the turkey baster?

Funny!!

I know how much they both love Thanksgiving.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2012, 05:12:31 PM »

We had a doozy of a storm blow through here about 4:30pm.  We're fine, but trees and power lines are down in communities all around and there are lots of power outages.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2012, 05:24:40 PM »

We had a doozy of a storm blow through here about 4:30pm.  We're fine, but trees and power lines are down in communities all around and there are lots of power outages.

A good night to stay home.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2012, 05:25:53 PM »

Well, I just heard Prologue/Beautiful Girls in our new mix - I could not believe what I heard - the clarity and detail is amazing, the vocals pop now, orchestral details that were buried are suddenly there, and the whole thing sounds smooth as silk compared to the original hastily-mixed version, where things just popped out in unseemly ways and vocals were occasionally behind the band instead of in front - I think this is going to be something incredible.

BK, I assume that this will include "One More Kiss" that was left off the original vinyl album, but added to the previous CD reissues?  I don't suppose that there were any other songs/snippets left off the previous releases that could be added back? ::)

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2012, 05:34:27 PM »

Well, I'm leaving work now to go to my sister's for more visiting with my aunt from California...and more tacos. :)

Have a good rest of the evening, all!

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: June 29, 2012, 06:11:20 PM »

A good night to stay home.

Right, DR TCB!  When the storm hit, Richard was just about to leave for the Y and changed his mind.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:29 PM »

I am off to wash the dishes, grab some water, and head off to the bedroom to watch my Seattle Mariners.  My left leg feels much better when I am lounging on the bed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2012, 06:27:51 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2012, 07:52:37 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »

THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR spoilers from last Sunday's Episode

This is for DR Cillaliz.

I just double checked and the episode we had yesterday was the same one that you guys had last Sunday.

There were 9 people left.

I was very disappointed with who left. She was probably my 2nd favorite. I do totally agree with them that she wouldn't be ready to do her show now. But i don't think any of them would be able to do it. I just found her genuine and charming. And was definitely not happy at all. My favorite is Justin. I just love him. Some of the others really struggle to me on personality. And i was really annoyed that they took the lowest from each team (that after saying that teams wouldn't really matter anymore). I really wanted Ippy (sp?) to be in the bottom. He is sweet. But there is zero chance he should win IMO. That one guy did really open up (I thought he would be on the top). Never cared for him before. So i guess people can improve. But really for the most part - I don't see anyone on Bobby's team being someone i would want to really watch.

I didn't like who went home either.   I thought she would be one of your favorites.  I like Jason too, he makes me laugh.  Not sure who I really want to win at this point.  Need another week or two

ChasSmith

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2012, 08:03:13 PM »

I was driving home from wherever I was a while ago, and what do I find on the radio but someone playing a program of:  Michel Legrand!

Was only able to hear 4 or 5 songs, but it was quite nice.  Lots of ballads, yes, but what made it interesting was the variety of arrangements.  Oh wait, I'm an idiot, it's still playing, in case anyone's interested...

http://www.wmnr.org/web/home.aspx

EDIT:  About over, last song's playing.  Damn, I could have used more of that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 08:14:52 PM by ChasSmith »

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2012, 08:07:45 PM »

Wow, lots of fireworks and fire crackers already tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2012, 08:11:22 PM »

Going to see mom and dad tomorrow.  Just going up for the day.  I'll probably spend more time in a week or two

John G.

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »

BK, how about two Frenchmen in the theater: Legrand and Jacques Brel?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2012, 08:14:18 PM »

Wow, lots of fireworks and fire crackers already tonight.
They canceled all fireworks today because of the drought here. That said, there were thunderstorms possible over the next day. Go figure.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2012, 08:20:25 PM »

In their great wisdom, our legislature made fireworks legal. In the desert. In the summer.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2012, 08:26:17 PM »

Perhaps they thought the fireworks would scare illegal aliens :)  After all it is Arizona

John G.

« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2012, 08:27:59 PM »

In their great wisdom, our legislature made fireworks legal. In the desert. In the summer.
What? Do they want to be Colorado II?
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »

Off to camp.  We'll finish the vocal's for Act One today, and start briefly on Act Two.  Monday and Tuesday next week, I'm with the little kids camp - we're doing Dear Edwina Jr which I'm very excited about.  Anyhow, we have callbacks and casting on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday is a holiday.  Then my day will be split in half bigger kids in the morning little-er kids in the afternoon.  I'm happy to have at least 2/3 of Aida taught by the end of week one. 

And these are the days of our lives.

In trying to catch up I am reading too quickly -  I read that your agenda was to split  big kids up into littler kids -- a plan I would assume that would cause some parental consternation
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2012, 09:21:16 PM »

Last year's Wallow Fire burned 538,049 acres. We are definitely not copying anyone. We lead the way!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2012, 09:33:36 PM »

llimh asleep
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »

Last year's Wallow Fire burned 538,049 acres. We are definitely not copying anyone. We lead the way!
I'm sorry your state has such a dubious distinction.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2012, 10:19:42 PM »

Night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2012, 11:26:04 PM »

Back from the show - most of which went very well.  We used the little wooden square they call a stage but it proved to be too problematic and we're not using it tomorrow night.  Some things to tighten up - she would take too much time moving mic stands and stools without talking while she's doing it, which is the trick in never letting silence happen between songs and patter.  She also had a notebook with show order and patter on her water table - she said it was her security blanket - I should have made her remove it because sure enough she used it, apologized to the audience and it was way too awkward for my taste.  If she hadn't had it there as a crutch she would have figured out where she was in the show or Lanny would have thrown it to her.  But those are picked nits - she did good and the audience of about thirty really seemed to enjoy themselves.  Tomorrow we're full.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up