Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CREDO  (Read 10070 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: CREDO
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  This evening Richard and I are going to Cincinnati Opera's PORGY & BESS, with a library/bookstore/dinner stop on the way.  Until it's time to leave, I'm going to putter a bit and then go to the Y.

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Victoria Clark is playing "Bess."
Nope. She's playing the goat.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »

Page three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »

Nap time!

DR Ginny, I believe my friend David Abell is conducting P&G tonight.

Proctor & Gamble?

A very good Cincinnati joke.

Dolly Parton.    <--(Another one.)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »

Bruce Kimmel Someone on a musical theater Facebook paged threatened someone's life? That's a little extreme.

Not there life, Bruce; they threatened to make them sit thru every CD Patti LuPone has ever recorded.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2012, 11:24:56 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to Mr. Mark Bakalor!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2012, 11:25:22 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  This evening Richard and I are going to Cincinnati Opera's PORGY & BESS, with a library/bookstore/dinner stop on the way.  Until it's time to leave, I'm going to putter a bit and then go to the Y.

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!

Victoria Clark is playing "Bess."

I would go to watch her crash and burn.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:10 AM »

Nap time!

DR Ginny, I believe my friend David Abell is conducting P&G tonight.

Proctor & Gamble?

Porgy & Gess
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »

I've developed a strong liking for peanut butter sandwiches. I used to eat peanut butter a lot when I was young but haven't had it for decades. I've now re-discovered it - but it's got to be Sun-Pat.

I've gone through a peanut butter renaissance in the past couple of years.  Current favorite is Smuckers Natural, creamy.  It's the jellies, jams and preserves that are my downfall.

I love Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter.  Costco sells the big (64 ounce, I think) containers of crunchy peanut butter. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »

Well, I now know why JMK disappeared yesterday.  Apparently he got offended by an e-mail I wrote, even though there was nothing in it meant offensively.  Oh, well.  e-mail "tone" is so difficult sometimes.  I'd asked him for help in terms of doing a Portland signing, which he said he'd be glad to do.  Hadn't heard anything in a month so I sent an e-mail asking if there was any news.  His reply was that the two stores he'd contacted either weren't interested or hadn't gotten back to him.  It was a tersely worded e-mail that I found a bit unfriendly, but again, e-mail tone is sometimes easy to misread.  I replied that it would have been nice to know this information a few weeks ago - meaning I might have been able to do come up with a different plan.  That e-mail response seems to have upset him, although I certainly meant nothing by it.  He wrote back that he'd only heard the final "no" the day before.  And that was it until I got a rather scathing e-mail from his wife.  I've responded to that in what is hopefully an even-keeled manner, and I'm hopeful it will all blow over and that he'll be back.  Color me baffled sometimes, really.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Hopefully he will return.

Ditto and ditto.

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2012, 11:46:37 AM »

Well, I now know why JMK disappeared yesterday.  Apparently he got offended by an e-mail I wrote, even though there was nothing in it meant offensively.  Oh, well.  e-mail "tone" is so difficult sometimes.  I'd asked him for help in terms of doing a Portland signing, which he said he'd be glad to do.  Hadn't heard anything in a month so I sent an e-mail asking if there was any news.  His reply was that the two stores he'd contacted either weren't interested or hadn't gotten back to him.  It was a tersely worded e-mail that I found a bit unfriendly, but again, e-mail tone is sometimes easy to misread.  I replied that it would have been nice to know this information a few weeks ago - meaning I might have been able to do come up with a different plan.  That e-mail response seems to have upset him, although I certainly meant nothing by it.  He wrote back that he'd only heard the final "no" the day before.  And that was it until I got a rather scathing e-mail from his wife.  I've responded to that in what is hopefully an even-keeled manner, and I'm hopeful it will all blow over and that he'll be back.  Color me baffled sometimes, really.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Hopefully he will return.

Ditto and ditto.

Ditto, same, and likewise.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2012, 12:08:25 PM »

Oh, not only Don Grady and Emi Ito, but now it is reported that Doris Singleton (Carolyn Appleby on I LOVE LUCY) has passed away at age 92.

MBarnum

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2012, 12:09:41 PM »

BK, perhaps a nice email apologizing to DR JMK might be in order? Having myself been a recipient of one of your 'terse' emails...I'm just sayin'

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2012, 12:09:57 PM »

Even if JMK has an issue with me, which he shouldn't, he should not abandon this board - this board is not about me.  But what do I know about people?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2012, 12:10:49 PM »

Back from meeting David Wechter and I've got a singer, bass player, and piano player waiting to rehearse.

ChasSmith

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2012, 12:16:43 PM »

Even if JMK has an issue with me, which he shouldn't, he should not abandon this board - this board is not about me.  But what do I know about people?

Isn't JMK affiliated with Blu-ray.com, and might this have anything to do with either BK's comments about the forum, or anything else expressed here about the infamous "industry insider" business?

I hope I'm not mis-remembering and attributing something to the wrong person.  Begging forgiveness in advance if I am!

John G.

« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2012, 12:44:00 PM »

I'm adding my voice to the JMK chorus. Maybe we can get Mantovani to orchestrate it. Or Edmond Rios.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2012, 02:17:46 PM »

In the new issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, they rcommend 50 great films youshould know. Three of my faves, COLD COMFORT FARM, THE DAY TRIPPERS, and THE REF, are on it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2012, 03:25:16 PM »

I think JMK is very aware of how wacky the discussion board is on that site, since he's been taken to task by rude posters many times there - I've always defended him as best I can against the idiots.  I've not really criticized the site itself, just the way the board is moderated - the censor people who know whereof they speak while allowing others to post really horrible and more importantly untrue things.  It's a little nutty.

I was asked for an apology in the e-mail his wife sent and I gave it - again, tone is so hard to read in e-mails - his tone in his original was probably not intended or mis-read by me, and vice-versa.  It's all so bloody silly.  Even I am not that sensitive.  Perhaps someone can drop him a line and suggest that even if he's annoyed with me, it has nothing to do with this board.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:18 PM »

Had a good rehearsal, gave notes, and then had to get to the mail place to overnight some stuff to the mastering guy.  We also FINALLY figured out what the Dropbox problem was and now that should work fine, as iDisk goes away in two days, one of the stupider things Apple has done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: June 28, 2012, 03:26:43 PM »

Then I took a quick shower and am now waiting for Shelly Markham to arrive so we can do the last of the arrangement things.

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: June 28, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »

In the new issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY, they rcommend 50 great films youshould know. Three of my faves, COLD COMFORT FARM, THE DAY TRIPPERS, and THE REF, are on it.

DR Elmore, were any of my favorites on that list?

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: June 28, 2012, 04:31:48 PM »

This is kind of what I was thinking....JMK  if you are lurking....just ignore BK's posts and come play with the rest of us

George

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »

Well, I just found out that my aunt, who is supposed to be visiting from California this weekend, has actually been here since Tuesday!  No one told me that she got here on Tuesday!  Anyway, I'm leaving work now and going to my parents' house to visit my aunt, the nun.  Yes, she's a nun...and she's a kick in the pants. :D

Be back later!

Danise

« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2012, 05:10:26 PM »

Evening all.  Must be something in the air.  Came home and Sheena is limping.  I think she and Toby got into it today.  Both food dishes were spilled as well so I guessing that even though both of them have plenty of food, Toby and or Sheena decided they wanted what the other had and there they went. Sigh.

I gave Sheena 2 doggie aspirins and lots of pets.  Toby seems to have faired better so I just gave him lots of pets as well.  I also gave both a scolding for being bad dogs.

I'm feeling kinda tired tonight as well and have to get up extra early tomorrow.  Someone on the bus was able to get a newspaper reporter to ride the bus with us tomorrow and take photos.   Only thing is he wants to ride from Plant City to Seffner and then get off the bus.  That means if  you want to be interviewed you have to get to PC.  I offered to pick anyone up who wants to catch the bus there at our usual stop at 6:30 and drive them to the first stop in PC so they can have their stories told.

I just feel like this is something important and everyone should have a chance to tell their story as many places as possible.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

KevinH

« Reply #84 on: June 28, 2012, 05:44:25 PM »

Page 3?

KevinH

« Reply #85 on: June 28, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

We're expecting 100 degrees tomorrow.  I guess it's not that different from 95, the temperature at 6 pm, but there's something about triple digits.

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: June 28, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »

Doris Singleton was great on I Love Lucy!

KevinH

« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to Mr. Mark Bakalor!

What George said!

KevinH

« Reply #88 on: June 28, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

I keep meaning to get a ticket for The Music Man.  Maybe this weekend.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #89 on: June 28, 2012, 06:00:32 PM »

Hi all.  Sorry for the E&T-ness.  Camp has been kicking my butt this week. We have such talented kids, they are eating up the part singing... which is a miracle and really working hard.  I get home and eat dinner and get to bed usually.  I'll try and keep up more. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up