Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CREDO  (Read 10324 times)

Ginny

Re: CREDO
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2012, 07:59:49 AM »

Vibes for DR Vixmom!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2012, 08:00:35 AM »

Sounds like a fun evening, Ginny.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2012, 08:04:23 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  This evening Richard and I are going to Cincinnati Opera's PORGY & BESS, with a library/bookstore/dinner stop on the way.  Until it's time to leave, I'm going to putter a bit and then go to the Y.

I wanna go! I wanna go! I wanna go!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2012, 08:07:59 AM »

Thanks for the reminder about SPACE CHILDREN releasing on DVD and Blu-ray...I forgot to order my copy.

Some here (well, probably no one here except JRAnd61) will remember my interview with SPACE CHILDREN star Peggy Webber in SCARLET STREET magazine some years back. She started out in radio and, in fact, is still very active in radio. A very nice lady.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:16 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  This evening Richard and I are going to Cincinnati Opera's PORGY & BESS, with a library/bookstore/dinner stop on the way.  Until it's time to leave, I'm going to putter a bit and then go to the Y.

Well, DR Elmore, I have a guest pass to the Y, so put on your sweats and sneakers and c'mon along!

Oh, wait, you meant the opera...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2012, 08:14:21 AM »

Looking forward to a full report on PORGY!  Most of all, enjoy what sounds like a wonderful evening.

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2012, 08:23:21 AM »

I don't recall ever knowing about SPACE CHILDREN.  Putting it into my Amazon cart, for such time as the spirit moves me.

Ginny

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2012, 08:24:32 AM »

Thank you to DRs Elmore, John G, and ChasSmith for the nice comments about our plans for this evening.  With the heat wave we're having, I'm awfully glad the Cincinnati Opera no longer performs outdoors at the zoo!

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2012, 08:29:02 AM »

Thank you to DRs Elmore, John G, and ChasSmith for the nice comments about our plans for this evening.  With the heat wave we're having, I'm awfully glad the Cincinnati Opera no longer performs outdoors at the zoo!

Right!  But they certainly must have performed there under these types of conditions a few times in the history of the Zoo Opera.  (I only ever saw one there, a BARBER OF SEVILLE, probably around 1970, but I'm glad I have that tiny memory of it.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2012, 08:38:56 AM »

They still did when I first went to the opera. Then I ushered at Music Hall for 3-4 seasons. That was fun.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2012, 08:45:01 AM »

They still did when I first went to the opera. Then I ushered at Music Hall for 3-4 seasons. That was fun.
Did the animals enjoy the music?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2012, 08:45:06 AM »

Off to the Y - bye for now!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »

I always buy my jewelry from Van Cleave and Arpel.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: GLUTCH!

Elvira Glutch?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2012, 09:06:14 AM »

I never asked them.

The stage had no wing space and scene changes took forever.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2012, 09:07:57 AM »

And one last thing a big Happy Birthday to Mr. Mark Bakalor, the designer of this wonderful web site.  :)

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2012, 09:25:09 AM »

I never asked them.

The stage had no wing space and scene changes took forever.

Couldn't they get the monkeys to help?
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:43 AM »

Nap time!

DR Ginny, I believe my friend David Abell is conducting P&G tonight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2012, 09:40:59 AM »

Well, I now know why JMK disappeared yesterday.  Apparently he got offended by an e-mail I wrote, even though there was nothing in it meant offensively.  Oh, well.  e-mail "tone" is so difficult sometimes.  I'd asked him for help in terms of doing a Portland signing, which he said he'd be glad to do.  Hadn't heard anything in a month so I sent an e-mail asking if there was any news.  His reply was that the two stores he'd contacted either weren't interested or hadn't gotten back to him.  It was a tersely worded e-mail that I found a bit unfriendly, but again, e-mail tone is sometimes easy to misread.  I replied that it would have been nice to know this information a few weeks ago - meaning I might have been able to do come up with a different plan.  That e-mail response seems to have upset him, although I certainly meant nothing by it.  He wrote back that he'd only heard the final "no" the day before.  And that was it until I got a rather scathing e-mail from his wife.  I've responded to that in what is hopefully an even-keeled manner, and I'm hopeful it will all blow over and that he'll be back.  Color me baffled sometimes, really.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2012, 09:41:14 AM »

I'm up and waiting for Mr. Wechter to call me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »

I'm downloading what will hopefully be all the tracks for the Wallander CD.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2012, 10:01:06 AM »

Wallander sounds great.  We're putting it on the very fast track and announcing two titles in the next release, one of which will be Wallander.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2012, 10:07:21 AM »

Happy Birthday to Mr. Mark Bakalor!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2012, 10:08:42 AM »

Victoria Clark is playing "Bess."
“One thing’s universal,

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2012, 10:09:27 AM »

DR JMK needs to come back soon--I have some exciting news about Edmundo Ros for him!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2012, 10:12:35 AM »

Thanks for the reminder about SPACE CHILDREN releasing on DVD and Blu-ray...I forgot to order my copy.

Some here (well, probably no one here except JRAnd61) will remember my interview with SPACE CHILDREN star Peggy Webber in SCARLET STREET magazine some years back. She started out in radio and, in fact, is still very active in radio. A very nice lady.

For weeks after seeing SPACE CHILDREN, every night I had to pull all of the covers back on my bed to make sure that pulsating alien rock was not hiding in my bed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2012, 10:22:55 AM »

Nap time!

Proctor & Gamble?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2012, 10:28:17 AM »

Well, I now know why JMK disappeared yesterday.  Apparently he got offended by an e-mail I wrote, even though there was nothing in it meant offensively.  Oh, well.  e-mail "tone" is so difficult sometimes.  I'd asked him for help in terms of doing a Portland signing, which he said he'd be glad to do.  Hadn't heard anything in a month so I sent an e-mail asking if there was any news.  His reply was that the two stores he'd contacted either weren't interested or hadn't gotten back to him.  It was a tersely worded e-mail that I found a bit unfriendly, but again, e-mail tone is sometimes easy to misread.  I replied that it would have been nice to know this information a few weeks ago - meaning I might have been able to do come up with a different plan.  That e-mail response seems to have upset him, although I certainly meant nothing by it.  He wrote back that he'd only heard the final "no" the day before.  And that was it until I got a rather scathing e-mail from his wife.  I've responded to that in what is hopefully an even-keeled manner, and I'm hopeful it will all blow over and that he'll be back.  Color me baffled sometimes, really.

I'm sorry to hear that.  Hopefully he will return.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »

TOD:

All of "Les Parapluies de Cherbrourg"
Theme from "Brian's Song"
"Wuthering Heights"
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 10:44:47 AM »

Nap time!

Proctor & Gamble?

A very good Cincinnati joke.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up