Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: TACK, BRA, PUSS PUSS  (Read 13423 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: TACK, BRA, PUSS PUSS
« Reply #180 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »

Seven!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: July 09, 2012, 08:33:05 PM »

{{{Hugs}}} for DR Vixmom - get some rest!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #182 on: July 09, 2012, 08:33:29 PM »

I'm going to take my own advice - 'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #183 on: July 09, 2012, 08:34:06 PM »

Thank for the vibes.  Craig has landed safely.

I'm going to be greedy.  Please send vibes he is able to begin his class tomorrow.

Many good vibes!
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #184 on: July 09, 2012, 08:36:07 PM »

Vibes for Craig, Vixmom, Mike and everyone else in need.

Night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #185 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:12 PM »

Thank you DR Elmore.  I know I'll take a bit of a money hit but sometimes your health is more important. 

DR Danise, the times in my life when I have been in bad work situations and taken a hit financially to help my sanity, it has always worked out well in the end.  Good Luck!

Cillaliz

« Reply #186 on: July 09, 2012, 09:00:54 PM »

Gotta go to book club. From what i've heard, no one read the book.  

Did you?  What was the book no one had the time or interest to read?

the book was Independent People by Haldo Laxness.   I didn't have time and am getting close to the end of the Howard Fast Lavarette family saga (six books) so I didn't want to stop and read it.   No one got through the whole thing and no one really liked it.  It won a Nobel prize in the 50s.  I'm still planning to read it, but not just now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: July 09, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »

That should make for an interesting discussion...

the food was good. It's a really difficult read and several people really tried. I started it, but after a few pages was falling asleep. We're going a completely different direction for the  next one and reading The Art of Racing the Rain.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 09:03:39 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

Back from finessing the Follies mixes.  We actually didn't do that much to what he'd done - brought up two little brass things in the opening track, smoothed out and lowered two vocals that were a bit too loud and it sounds absolutely stunning.  We compared it to the old CD and there's no comparison and if people can't hear the difference they're deaf in at least one ear.  The ONLY problem is that One More Kiss, a song not included on the LP but added for the CD was not on the eight-track session tapes.  My fear is that they no longer have it, and that what was included on the CD was a rough mix they'd done back in the day.  I've e-mailed my guy at Capitol asking him to look for it, but I'm not holding out any hope at all.  So, I have a decision to make, which is do I include One More Kiss where it comes in the program sequence, where it will sound VERY different - I can help it a little in the mastering by brightening it up and giving it some level, but the mix is worse than any mixes on the old album, which is why I believe it was a rough mix - or I can include it at the end as a bonus track.  I have to give it serious thoughts, but would like to hear opinions.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: July 10, 2012, 12:03:56 AM »

Time for bed.  I'm actually taking today off.  It's my aunt's last full day and I'm going to spend it with her and the rest of the family.  She leaves on Tuesday to go back to California.  Fortunately, we're not meeting at my parents' until 2:00 pm, or so...so I get to sleep in.  I love it when that happens. :D

Good night!

Well, had a great last day with my aunt.  We had spaghetti dinner and played Qwerkle.  I won a couple of times. :)

I said goodbye, since she's leaving in the morning and there won't be time to see her.  A good time was had by all! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: July 10, 2012, 12:04:12 AM »

And now, it's back to the real world.  Actually, tomorrow night, Theater Artists Olympia is having our Board of Directors meeting and to find out the results of our elections.  I'm up for both treasurer and officer-at-large (which I am right now).  I could be elected out of office, or stay where I am or get a new job.  We'll see what happens!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:32:40 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: July 10, 2012, 12:11:35 AM »

DR Elmore, regarding your executor situation. Just have in your will that all your assets be liquidated into cash and put into my savings account. I will take care of it all for you, I promise. It is the least I can do for you, my friend.
I just got slightly choked up reading the concern and love expressed in that statement.

ROTFLMAO!! :D

George

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:07 AM »

that's turn-of-the-last-century music.

I think I need to be back at the turn of the last century.  My cell phone carrier just sent me notice that the Apple Iphone 4 is now available.  Great, that is what I wanted.  The price is what?  $649.00?

And people wonder why I still have my phone that's at least six years old!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:33:04 AM by George »

George

« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2012, 12:17:36 AM »

I have to tell you all about what happened today.

You know I have a really bad boss.  Well, I'm trying my very best to get the heck out of Dodge even if I have to take a step down.  I put in for a Clerk 3 (data) position and that meant I had to take a data entry test.

I hate tests but I took the time to listen to Joseph's Confidence track before I went down to Civil Service on my lunch hour.  I had Joseph's voice ringing in my head--"You are a confident person.  Confidence! Confidence!"  and you know, I went in, had no butterflies or that sick feeling I always get when I'm being tested on any thing and out of the 40 entries you had to do in the time limit, I got 39.  With ZERO errors!  The guy who gave the test said that was very good.  It's a closed position meaning it is only available to folks who already work for county and I am hoping against hope that I get called for an interview.  :)

I'm thinking that sometimes you may have to take a step down or back to go forward.   

Congrats, Danise!  And Good Luck!! ;D

George

« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2012, 12:20:28 AM »

Thank for the vibes.  Craig has landed safely.

I'm going to be greedy.  Please send vibes he is able to begin his class tomorrow.

~~~BEING ABLE TO BEGIN HIS CLASS VIBES TOMORROW FOR DS CRAIG!!~~~

George

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2012, 12:23:16 AM »

That should make for an interesting discussion...

the food was good. It's a really difficult read and several people really tried. I started it, but after a few pages was falling asleep. We're going a completely different direction for the  next one and reading The Art of Racing the Rain.

The author of that came to our library's All Staff Training Day last year!  He was a great speaker and everyone loved him. 

I haven't read his book...although, I did buy it. ::)

George

« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2012, 12:29:17 AM »

This year's keynote speaker is controversial...Orson Scott Card.  Evidently, he's Mormon and been quite homophobic in his writings (articles and opinions and such), and fairly recently.

George

« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »

I think something is being planned (not exactly a protest), but a way that people can show support for our LGBT employees...such as myself.  But not an out-and-out protest.  It turns out that OSC is first cousins with our HR director (who, I think, shares certain opinions).

George

« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2012, 12:31:34 AM »

DR JohnG. I had meant to thank you for the nice comments about the Herbert Songs. I don't know if anyne else on HHW has heard the collection or even liked it much, but we could sure use a positive review on Amazon. Both reviews posted there seem negative to middling to me, much like Suskin's for Playbill, generally dismissive. One says the first disc is great and the material gets worse and the other says (s)he could get six friends and a bottle of wine together and produce something similar, which is an insukt to most of the singers we cast. I know there are clinkers in 102 numbers, but I feel there are listeners happier with the recording than these two critics.

I certainly enjoyed it!

George

« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 01:05:37 AM »

Gratuitous Post #200!

George

« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:32 AM »

Back from finessing the Follies mixes.  We actually didn't do that much to what he'd done - brought up two little brass things in the opening track, smoothed out and lowered two vocals that were a bit too loud and it sounds absolutely stunning.  We compared it to the old CD and there's no comparison and if people can't hear the difference they're deaf in at least one ear.  The ONLY problem is that One More Kiss, a song not included on the LP but added for the CD was not on the eight-track session tapes.  My fear is that they no longer have it, and that what was included on the CD was a rough mix they'd done back in the day.  I've e-mailed my guy at Capitol asking him to look for it, but I'm not holding out any hope at all.  So, I have a decision to make, which is do I include One More Kiss where it comes in the program sequence, where it will sound VERY different - I can help it a little in the mastering by brightening it up and giving it some level, but the mix is worse than any mixes on the old album, which is why I believe it was a rough mix - or I can include it at the end as a bonus track.  I have to give it serious thoughts, but would like to hear opinions.

It would be nice to have it in show order, but I understand putting it at the end because of the sound...but if you explain it in the liner notes, I think more people would prefer in show order.

George

« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 01:06:47 AM »

And now, to bed.

Good night, all. 8)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up