Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: OPERATING ON LITTLE SLEEP  (Read 10628 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: OPERATING ON LITTLE SLEEP
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »

Page five.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2012, 03:12:11 PM »

DR TCB I hope an adjustment in your meds can be made to reduce the cramping.  In the meantime, can you try heat after your PT appointments to relax the muscles?

I am not sure that the P.T. has anything to do with the cramping.  I focused on that because it was the only thing I could think of that I had been doing.  But then Dr. Oz (I know, I know) mentioned statins will cause these cramps.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2012, 03:14:20 PM »

Wales is beautiful, even in December.

Why do you say "even"?   So many places are even more charming when decorated for the season.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2012, 03:16:02 PM »

DR TCB I hope an adjustment in your meds can be made to reduce the cramping.  In the meantime, can you try heat after your PT appointments to relax the muscles?

I am not sure that the P.T. has anything to do with the cramping.  I focused on that because it was the only thing I could think of that I had been doing.  But then Dr. Oz (I know, I know) mentioned statins will cause these cramps.

Did the cramping begin before or after you started going to PT?

"(I know, I know)" ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2012, 03:19:16 PM »

I just started taking the statins again a couple of weeks ago.  It was a prescription that I had forgotten to refill, so I hadn't really used them since probably March.  So, the cramps stared as soon as I had been on the statins for a week or two.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #125 on: July 19, 2012, 03:20:33 PM »

I spoke to Craig.  He was able to cancel his flight home without making a new booking until he is ready to come hom.  There is always a risk the fees will go up but this way he can book a flight once he secures a place to live. 

Jane

« Reply #126 on: July 19, 2012, 03:21:00 PM »

I just started taking the statins again a couple of weeks ago.  It was a prescription that I had forgotten to refill, so I hadn't really used them since probably March.  So, the cramps stared as soon as I had been on the statins for a week or two.

I think you need to make a call to your doctor.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: July 19, 2012, 03:23:42 PM »

I think you need to make a call to your doctor.

Yep, he won't be in until Monday.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #128 on: July 19, 2012, 03:26:46 PM »

Craig will begin his search for an apartment tomorrow starting with, what appears to be a dump, down the street from where he is staying.  Location wise it would be great.  He will then continue his search going farther & farther from his friend's.  I'm really hoping he will call tomorrow to say he has found something.  If not Friday then by Sunday. 

When I say something I hope it doesn't end up as "something". 

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 19, 2012, 03:29:55 PM »

DR TCB I have know people to have undesirable symptoms with statins which were solved with a change of the brand or by taking the meds every other day, or some sort of alteration in the dosage.  Good luck!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: July 19, 2012, 03:31:47 PM »

BK, do you report your sales to Billboard? It would seem to me in a week when Merrily We Roll Along can top the Billboard Broadway charts with 1,000+ copies sold that Follies, with orders of 1,300+ so far could also top the charts. Of course, it'd be gone the following week if it sells out, but at least for the week, the Kritzerland name would reach anyone looking at those sales lists. .

I wouldn't know how to report to Billboard - we don't use SoundScan so I'm not sure it's possible.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2012, 03:38:43 PM »

This afternoon at the Pike Place Market Starbuck's in Seattle, Will Ferrell & Zach Galifianakis are serving up the coffee.  Do you think the word might have gotten out?

“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

LOL

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: July 19, 2012, 03:41:15 PM »

DR TCB I have know people to have undesirable symptoms with statins which were solved with a change of the brand or by taking the meds every other day, or some sort of alteration in the dosage.  Good luck!

I am sure he will change it, but there is no sense calling out there until Monday.  All they will say is that I need to go in and see them.  The fact that I can't drive and have no ride won't mean a thing to them.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: July 19, 2012, 03:43:05 PM »

This afternoon at the Pike Place Market Starbuck's in Seattle, Will Ferrell & Zach Galifianakis are serving up the coffee.  Do you think the word might have gotten out?

And you can see part of Seattle's newest tourist attraction.  The two hundred plus-foot ferris wheel.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 19, 2012, 03:56:04 PM »

I am sure he will change it, but there is no sense calling out there until Monday.  All they will say is that I need to go in and see them.  The fact that I can't drive and have no ride won't mean a thing to them.

It seems to me this is the kind of situation that can be addressed by phone.  Be forceful and ask for your doctor to call you back.

Ben

« Reply #136 on: July 19, 2012, 03:59:16 PM »

Wales is beautiful, even in December.

Why do you say "even"?   So many places are even more charming when decorated for the season.

Because it's very cold there (at least it was in December of 2005) in the winter. The difference in temperature from Dublin to Cardiff was surprising.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 19, 2012, 04:01:12 PM »

Cold but beautiful then?  I didn't realize it would be colder in Cardiff than in Dublin or London where I was rather lucky weather wise.

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: July 19, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »

Jane if you google "Knee airbags" you'll see photos of them.  They are intended to prevent your lower body from slamming into the dashboard in case of an accident.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 19, 2012, 04:12:59 PM »

They look like a good idea.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #140 on: July 19, 2012, 04:25:19 PM »

I keep thinking today is Friday.

Me too!!!!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #141 on: July 19, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »

Been a crazier day than expected, and now it's time to relax.  Someone way back there mentioned WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH HELEN? as a Debbie Reynolds favorite.  I got it recently, and if I saw it years ago I've pretty much forgotten what awaits therein.  So here I go.

ChasSmith

« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2012, 04:31:40 PM »

Me too!!!!!

Just the opposite here.  I keep thinking a day got skipped.  Today is supposed to be Wednesday.

Danise

« Reply #143 on: July 19, 2012, 04:49:08 PM »

It seems to me this is the kind of situation that can be addressed by phone.  Be forceful and ask for your doctor to call you back.
  I wish I lived near by.  You would get to see that doctor toot sweet!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #144 on: July 19, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

Me too!!!!!

Just the opposite here.  I keep thinking a day got skipped.  Today is supposed to be Wednesday.
  Heavens!  Hush your mouth!!!!! (Just joking with you, DR ChasSmith).  If you worked with She Who Must Be Obeyed, you would understand.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: July 19, 2012, 04:56:58 PM »

the new car is Blizzard Pearl (white) with Bisque (tan) interior.  It has lots of things my other car didn't....like a sun roof with a solar panel that powers a fan in the car to vent out the hot air in the summer.   It has HD radio, XM radio, USB connections for a smart phone so you can use Pandora and weather apps.  It's a cool car.
  It does sound cool.  I kinda thought you could go for the kind you had.  After seeing the damage the other one took and you walked away from it, it tells me that is a good car to have.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #146 on: July 19, 2012, 04:59:23 PM »

DR elmore, my condolences to your friend on the loss of her child. :(
  I also send mine.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #147 on: July 19, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »

Morning all.  I was tired last night and got to bed late (for me).  Now I'm running late this morning but I did do my 3 miles!

Vibes to all!

Special vibes to DR CIlla and TCB!

Moving vibes to DR Elmore!

Have a wonder filled day!

Danise, are you going out and walking morning and evening, or are you using a treadmill?
  I'm using a walk at home video so I don't have to leave the house.   

Reading about your cramps, I wonder if you need some potassium?  Do you have any bananas? 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #148 on: July 19, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »

BTW, the dogs are acting like nothing happened.  Sheena isn't even limping tonight.  Toby has been licking her ears and I can see that they are sore.  I think his little ear is sore as well.   I put salve on both of their ears. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #149 on: July 19, 2012, 05:16:53 PM »

Me too!!!!!

That's what I've been thinking ALL DAY!  I hate it when that happens.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up