Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Map pin  (Read 15503 times)

Ben

Map pin
« on: October 23, 2003, 05:47:08 AM »

Hi, Mark,

Just got back from the Map page and I still can't get my pin to stay. I did it from both the Change Profile page (when I finished I made sure to enter my password) and the Member Map page and neither would take the pin.

I am using the latest version of IE on a computer running Windows 2000. I didn't try mapping at home last night. I should try it there (where I also use IE and XP Home). I even tried putting in a different city and state, since Jason and Joy are both in NY, but that didn't work either.

It's not a big deal but if you can help me out it would be appreciated.

Thanks

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
Re:Map pin
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2003, 06:58:42 AM »

I'm having the same problem placing my pin.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2003, 09:02:28 AM »

I will say this: It took me three tries with the pin.  Each time I would go through the steps, it would give me the new screen and it wouldn't be there.  What I finally did was close out of the map page totally, then when I went back clean it was there on the map.  Sometimes, if there is more than one person in the area, the pins can be really close together (look at the LA folks) so if you put your mouse over the pins you should see whose pin it is.  In other words, go to the map page fresh now and see if your pin is there.  If it's not, give it one more try (until Mark reads and maybe can help - go to the Member Map page only - enter the info requested.  As soon as you have filled in the fields, move your mouse/cursor over the map.  You should now have what looks like a + sign.  Click on your city.  Then push "save" or whatever it says at the bottom of the page.  It will then refresh the page.  At that point, close out of that page totally.  Then click on Member Map again and see if your pin is there.

Dennis

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2003, 02:24:23 PM »

I've tried four times to pin my map but I'm still having trouble. I closed out the screen and went back but still nothing.  Help....

Dennis

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2003, 11:22:03 PM »

Ben
Many, many thanks. I did exactly what you said  and it worked. :) :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up