Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE  (Read 8637 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE
« on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:15 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were the Mount Rushmore of notes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently rushing to Mount Rushmore.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 12:35:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: FRUCTIFY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 12:36:55 AM »

Where are our usual fifty GUESTS.  There's only fifteen GUESTS right now.  This happened two weeks ago and was baffling then and is baffling now.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 02:24:40 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2012, 03:08:21 AM »

Out on Long Island again for a surprise birthday party for Anthony's 75 year old aunt-in-law (his great aunt's sister). Tomorrow I return to the city and Ant stays out here for a few days to take care of some things.

Oatmeal, raisins, banana, walnuts and cinnamon and a cup of coffee.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:24 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm moving a bit tentatively this morning. I didn't pull or strain anything, but I certainly was using muscles I hadn't used this strenuously for some time. I slept quite well. My lasy dream had something to do with a reunion of friends from high school.

So Round One of "the move" is over, and Round Two will occur on Tuesday. I expect to be working in chaos until the end of September, but "The Move" will be over next week. And I am happy it's partially accomplished.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 05:38:48 AM »

Good morning all! 

To answer DR Jane's question of last night:  No, I didn't come home at noon.  They were kind enough to call me first thing in the morning so I could change it.  I just hope I can change it to Thursday so I won't have to take double time off. 

I still haven't heard from the insurance company about my claim for being off for May.  I want my vacation time back.

Today is laundry day.  I will be so glad when I don't have to set my time off to going to the laundry mat and can do my clothes when I want to. 

Hope all have a wonderful day!

Vibes to all who need them.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Michael

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 05:44:51 AM »

hope everyone has a great weekend
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2012, 05:52:44 AM »

BK, I thought this was a family site!

:)

FJL

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 06:03:17 AM »

Good morning, all! I'm moving a bit tentatively this morning. I didn't pull or strain anything, but I certainly was using muscles I hadn't used this strenuously for some time. I slept quite well. My lasy dream had something to do with a reunion of friends from high school.

So Round One of "the move" is over, and Round Two will occur on Tuesday. I expect to be working in chaos until the end of September, but "The Move" will be over next week. And I am happy it's partially accomplished.

Oh yikes, sometimes you do feel effects of exertion a day or so later. 
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 07:15:17 AM by FJL »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MAKE OUR GARDEN GROW

KevinH

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 06:33:35 AM »

Good morning!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 06:39:51 AM »

Good morning, all.

A round of vibes to those who need them. And traveling vibes.

It's another day of filming on "Eat St." so I'll be baking in the sun today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:46 AM »

TOD: I've eaten so many burgers that I love that I wouldn't know where to begin. So, here's a food truck burger that makes me drool. It's called Cullum's Attaboy and it's run by the son of Jim Cullum, whose jazz band used to broadcast nationally from one of the Riverwalk restaurants here.

Anyway, he does it right. He grinds his own beef, getting the meat/fat ratio the way he wants it to keep it juicy. He hand forms his patties. He bakes his own buns. He uses the freshest and, when possible, organic ingredients. So the eggs are free range, the bacon is from the local heritage pork ranch, the ketchup and mustards are handmade. The tomatoes taste like tomato.

So, when you bite into this burger from stainless steel airstream trailer, you think you're having something that one of the finest chefs in town has prepared for you. Everything is just perfect.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2012, 07:16:28 AM »

I am washing all of my bedding this morning, so that's tying up a lot of my day. At some point I must get to a hardware store and have 3 sets of keys made for the office.

Tomorrow, I am doing nothing. At. All.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2012, 07:17:06 AM »

Congrats to DR ELMORE on a successful move  -  part one.  And it was very nice for DR FJL to help.

I enjoyed reading the information about the NBN script in the notes.....most entertaining and informative.

Continued bouncing back vibes for DR CILLA LIZ.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2012, 07:18:03 AM »

TOD:

The best hamburgers I ever ever tasted was at a place, not far from the UW,  in the Laurelhurst section of Seattle, a drive-in called BurgerMaster.

I haven't been there for 50 years and I don't know if the place still exists, but they were sensational.  I've never forgotten them.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2012, 07:22:11 AM »

Condolences to DR JOHN G on the loss of his friend.....the story is most distressing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2012, 07:26:38 AM »

Thanks for the continuing vibes.  I'm feeling a bit better today, but know I have a way to go.  I was out of cat food so I went to HyVee and met Paul there for breakfast.  Now home and cats are fed.   I'm picking Paul up in about an hour to go visit my new car.  Actually I want to talk to my salesman about the information I got yesterday from the insurance co and the financing company.  And to let them know I may be able to resolve all this within the next week

Cillaliz

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2012, 07:28:02 AM »

I'm still amazed at how tired I am after just a little trip to the grocery store.

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2012, 07:29:14 AM »

Vibes to Elmore for the move and that the sore muscles feel better fast!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2012, 07:31:11 AM »

Re: NORTH BY NORTHWEST

With the possible exception of THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (remake), this is my favorite Hitchcock movie.

The screenplay is terrific, and I've often used it as a example of perfect story structure in writing classes that I've taught.

However, I do think that the script has one major (non-fatal) flaw.

At the end of the first act, right after the murder in the United Nations building, the scene cuts to Washington where Leo G. Carroll explains virtually the entire plot of the movie to the audience. 

Not only does this stop the forward action of the story, but it answers too many of the audience's questions too soon.

I know that this is a classic and I really do love the movie, but I would have preferred learning this information along with Cary Grant, perhaps later in the film when he encounters Carroll at Mount Rushmore.

A basic rule of good screenwriting: Delay exposition as long as possible.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2012, 07:59:15 AM »

Yes, I am off work today.   Thank you to my sister Myrna and to my sister Molly.

Tonight is closing night of "The Curious Savage."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2012, 08:01:13 AM »

And now for today's hint:

If you have a dry erase board (or perhaps a piece of glassware or other object price marked at the Goodwill) written on with a permanent marker....you can remove the mark.

First write OVER the mark with a dry erase marker, then wipe clean with a paper towel or cloth.  The Permanent Marker will be removed.

I learned this tip from my cousin Brad the teacher/principal.  And it does work.

Laura

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

I guess that one of the good things about not eating much red meat is that when you stop at Jack in the Box and get an Ultimate Cheeseburger, you think it is really really good.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 08:11:23 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It's a beautiful day in SW Ohio - pleasantly warm with lower humidity.  After several weeks of run-up and the two days of synod, I have decided to veg all day.  Just watched an author presentation on BookTV and now I'm puttering at my desk.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 08:18:16 AM »

I'm hoping that tonight we get some rain.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Miss Karen

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »

Thank you all for the birthday greeting posts yesterday. TCB, you rascal -- I saw that mime you posted -- but it's okay -- the therapist told me the only way to get over your fears is to confront them, so I took a deep breath, opened my eyes, and looked that mime right in the face...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 08:53:41 AM by Miss Karen »

Miss Karen

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2012, 08:54:52 AM »

Taking our neighbors' little girl to the teen summer stock Grease matinee today. (The youth version, or what they bill as the school version, so the language and content are kid friendly -- although I would suppose that takes out a lot of the conflict and drama and story line from the original book ...). It's sold out for the weekend run and yesterday she was saying she really wanted to see it, so I'm using my two comps by way of the spot light booth -- good views from up there.

Miss Karen

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2012, 08:59:31 AM »

BK, I thought this was a family site!

:)

It's one of the words they had to cut from Grease for the "school version" ...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up