Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE  (Read 8633 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE MAN ON LINCOLN'S NOSE
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2012, 02:00:56 PM »

And will be until we get some posts going on.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:09 PM »

Everyone but me and the dogs are awake.  Our guest from PA is still sleeping, the DP is still sleeping.  I went and got some Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast.  Anyhow, it's going to be a long weekend.  Things are shaping up for the party.  Speaking of which, if they DP and the DC (Dear Cousin in internet speak) plan on sleeping this late tomorrow, I'm screwed (excuse the language).  I need them up and out of the house ASAP.  The DC is aware of this and is suppose to light a fire under the DP to get them going in the morning.

You might have to be very loud tomorrow morning ;)

Good luck and have a great party!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:11 PM »

Tack.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:15 PM »

Bra.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:21 PM »

Puss puss.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2012, 02:01:35 PM »

the keys are made, and I am ready for Tuesday's move.

Exciting!!

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »

Good late morning, all.

Back from the book sale, which turned out to be the least rewarding of any I've been to at this particular venue over the past 10-15 years.  Two reasons for this, and the first applies to every book sale and every secondhand book shop you ever go to:  no two visits are ever alike.  That's a fact of life, and probably as it should be.

But there was much less of the better stuff in evidence this year.  This one was devoid of decent editions of books (just one example:  Heritage Press, which I happen to like; EVERY book sale and book shop has some, yet nothing at all today -- not one -- which makes no sense at all).  DVDs and CDs were just about total crap.  Performing arts books, almost nothing.  I bought only one book, for $2:  "OK - The Story of Oklahoma" by Max Wilk, with which I am completely unfamiliar so I hope it's decent.  Oddly enough, one of the two CDs I picked up was the OBC of same, and the OBC of "Mame" -- both with bonus tracks that will be new to these ears.

I know that these libraries hold back, and sell through more lucrative channels, some of the cream of the crop that's donated to them.  Either that or the volunteer workers are permitted to skim a lot right off the top.  (Not that I wouldn't be pleased to do the same in their position.)  But I've donated plenty of desirable things myself that never saw the light of day at the sale.

And thinking of my mother reminds me that I need to find a new executor and redo my will ASAP. I'm not sure I want the false friend to be near my estate.

DR elmore I am truly sorry about your friend & understand why you want to change your will.  I hope you aren't stressing over this.  If something were to happen, which won't, do you still feel the friend would do right by you? 

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2012, 02:13:12 PM »

Craig hasn't been able to find a place to live.  He said everything he looked at was depressing. :(    He saw one building by the campus that looks nice and is waiting to hear if it is pet friendly.

He needs to come home, we need him to come home, and Yogi & Kitty miss him.

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 02:13:20 PM »

Here's a little something to help celebrate today's notes, not to mention getting to Page 3.  
Mr. Ernest Lehman, speaking at another little seminar I went to in L.A.  

« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 02:21:55 PM by ChasSmith »

Jane

« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2012, 02:19:14 PM »

:)

ChasSmith

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2012, 02:21:07 PM »

I haven't even caught up yet to the TOD, but neither have most of the DRs.

HAMBURGERS.  One of my favorite things.  I don't even know where to begin.  And, once begun, you might not be able to get me to stop.  Let me think about this.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2012, 02:23:03 PM »

So typical, as soon as I purchase a book to read something becomes available through the library.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2012, 02:38:39 PM »

Good late morning, all.

Back from the book sale, which turned out to be the least rewarding of any I've been to at this particular venue over the past 10-15 years.  Two reasons for this, and the first applies to every book sale and every secondhand book shop you ever go to:  no two visits are ever alike.  That's a fact of life, and probably as it should be.

But there was much less of the better stuff in evidence this year.  This one was devoid of decent editions of books (just one example:  Heritage Press, which I happen to like; EVERY book sale and book shop has some, yet nothing at all today -- not one -- which makes no sense at all).  DVDs and CDs were just about total crap.  Performing arts books, almost nothing.  I bought only one book, for $2:  "OK - The Story of Oklahoma" by Max Wilk, with which I am completely unfamiliar so I hope it's decent.  Oddly enough, one of the two CDs I picked up was the OBC of same, and the OBC of "Mame" -- both with bonus tracks that will be new to these ears.

I know that these libraries hold back, and sell through more lucrative channels, some of the cream of the crop that's donated to them.  Either that or the volunteer workers are permitted to skim a lot right off the top.  (Not that I wouldn't be pleased to do the same in their position.)  But I've donated plenty of desirable things myself that never saw the light of day at the sale.

And thinking of my mother reminds me that I need to find a new executor and redo my will ASAP. I'm not sure I want the false friend to be near my estate.

DR elmore I am truly sorry about your friend & understand why you want to change your will.  I hope you aren't stressing over this.  If something were to happen, which won't, do you still feel the friend would do right by you? 

I'm not stressing about it. It's always at the back of ny mind, but  I'm too stressed over the office moves.

I no longer want this person having access to any oart of my life. Or death.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2012, 02:49:29 PM »

Lots of thunder here.  The dogs are already scared.  I wish the thunder shirts  I ordered would come.  I do so hope they help them--I don't like seeing them so scared. 

I need to mow the lawn but was waiting for the cool of evening. Guess I won't be doing it tonight.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2012, 02:59:08 PM »

Good late morning, all.

I'm not stressing about it. It's always at the back of ny mind, but  I'm too stressed over the office moves.

I no longer want this person having access to any oart of my life. Or death.

I'm glad you aren't stressing about it until you can conveniently make the change.  I'm still very sorry this change became a necessity. 

Danise

« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2012, 03:35:36 PM »

Speaking of the dogs, as silly as it sounds, I just can't seem to shake this *feeling* that there is another dog near me.  I can't explain it.  I've been content with just the two -- I AM content but I had this feeling  even before they fought.   I don't know why all of sudden I feel like there will be another dog here soon. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2012, 03:52:16 PM »

For some reason I got very sleep at 4:30pm and took a nap.

Now I probably won't be able to fall asleep.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2012, 03:53:07 PM »

Had a picnic at the pool today. My niece and I sat on our noodles in the deepend and played for a long time.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2012, 03:53:42 PM »

I had left over ribs for dinner (from a restaurant).

I had a little container of their rib sauce for my fries. I love their sauce so much I could drink it.

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2012, 03:53:59 PM »

I need to read tonight. I haven't read at all this week!

Danise

« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2012, 03:55:49 PM »

Had a picnic at the pool today. My niece and I sat on our noodles in the deepend and played for a long time.
  That sounds nice.  It was really warm here today.  That's what is causing the thunderstorms right now.  To much heat!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2012, 03:56:53 PM »

I need to read too.  I have a stack of books I need to start and two or three I have started and are at various stages of completing.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2012, 04:13:43 PM »

I used a noodle for the first time in my water aerobics class last Tuesday.  It was kind of hard to control, but I'll get the hang of it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2012, 04:15:12 PM »

I need to read too.  I have a stack of books I need to start and two or three I have started and are at various stages of completing.

I also need to read, because I realized today that this coming Wednesday is the last Wednesday of the month and that's when one of my book groups meets.  Kind of snuck up on me!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #84 on: July 21, 2012, 04:16:55 PM »

Looks like a storm is heading our way.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Danise

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »

I used a noodle for the first time in my water aerobics class last Tuesday.  It was kind of hard to control, but I'll get the hang of it!
You Go girl!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

KevinH

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »

Anybody see the documentary about Carol Channing?  It's on Showtime.

I enjoyed it but thnk she's petty to hold a grudge after all these years about Barbra playing Dolly in the movie version of Hello Dolly.  She says something like "people say 'isn't she great?' and I say 'isn't she' and then I shut up."   

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »

I guess that one of the good things about not eating much red meat is that when you stop at Jack in the Box and get an Ultimate Cheeseburger, you think it is really really good.

But it is Laura, it IS!!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2012, 04:52:51 PM »

Closing Night VIBES for DR Jrand61.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

ChasSmith

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2012, 04:55:50 PM »

I need to catch that Showtime documentary!  I wonder if it's On Demand.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up