Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOYS IN THE BAND  (Read 10534 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE BOYS IN THE BAND
« Reply #120 on: July 25, 2012, 03:04:43 PM »

Vibes for DR Vixter's dear friend, Stef!!

Jane

« Reply #121 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:04 PM »

DR John G I'm glad to hear your friend Carol continues to improve.

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2012, 03:13:34 PM »

Vibes for all who need them

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:11 PM »

Scheduling vibes for Elmore!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2012, 03:14:53 PM »

Storms are popping up all around the area.  I'm really hoping we get some rain.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »

The cats are freaking out at the weather radio, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2012, 03:15:54 PM »

I hear thunder, but not a drop of rain

Jane

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2012, 03:18:47 PM »

Anyway, during the rehearsal, I got a call from a friend who (had to leave a message which) said that according to the local paper (and a LOT of Facebook posts) a mutual friend of ours has been missing since Sunday night! :o Here's the article:

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/07/24/2184411/artistic-director-for-olympias.html

He's the resident musical director for Capital Playhouse and I've known him since we met during the very first show that I did in Olympia in 1989.  I hope that he's found and and soon and well!

I looked for an update from you before posting.  I was extremely relieved he has been found.

VIBES HE WILL BE OK!!!

Jane

« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2012, 03:22:32 PM »

Vibes for DR The Vixter's friend Stef and for DR John G's friend Carol.  Blood clots in your lungs are scary!

I still remember when my sister had them at 22.  Back then it was a very long recovery and they told her she couldn't risk another pregnancy.  I'm not sure if that was only because of the clot or because it happened a week after the birth of her baby.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: July 25, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

George, glad to hear your friend was found.  Hope his medical issues aren't too serious

Thanks, Cillaliz!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: July 25, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Anyway, during the rehearsal, I got a call from a friend who (had to leave a message which) said that according to the local paper (and a LOT of Facebook posts) a mutual friend of ours has been missing since Sunday night! :o Here's the article:

http://www.theolympian.com/2012/07/24/2184411/artistic-director-for-olympias.html

He's the resident musical director for Capital Playhouse and I've known him since we met during the very first show that I did in Olympia in 1989.  I hope that he's found and and soon and well!

I looked for an update from you before posting.  I was extremely relieved he has been found.

VIBES HE WILL BE OK!!!

Thanks, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 25, 2012, 03:35:26 PM »

And we have lost another actor. Chad Everett best known for his work on TV's Medical Center  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Everett

:(

This is sweet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h18lW5PHVPA
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 03:38:16 PM by Jane »

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: July 25, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »

Congrats to the USA Women's Soccer team for their victory today.  The games have begun even if the Opening ceremony isn't until Friday night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »

I want rain!!!! I'ts raining on the south end of town, but I live on the north end of town....hrumph!

Jane

« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »

I had a rough day today.  It was very busy with appointments and the usual fires to put out.  I don't know if it was going in and out of the heat or not having time for lunch, but this afternoon I was really feeling lousy.  My shoulder was hurting and I was feeling dizzy.  So I can home around 4:00.   I'm back in the AC (our heat index is still 102 today) and relaxing.  There is a chance of storms and rain for the first time in AGES so that would be a good thing.

Be sure to drink lots of water.  Water is very important for your sore muscles.  Pain does cause dizziness, at least I find it does.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: July 25, 2012, 03:46:54 PM »

DR Jeanne I hope you sleep well tonight.

Danise

« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2012, 03:47:23 PM »

Here's hoping DR George's friend is found safe and sound!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »

Well it is official.....I am the Rev Lionel Toop in SEE HOW THEY RUN.
  Congrats!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2012, 03:51:44 PM »

I had a rough day today.  It was very busy with appointments and the usual fires to put out.  I don't know if it was going in and out of the heat or not having time for lunch, but this afternoon I was really feeling lousy.  My shoulder was hurting and I was feeling dizzy.  So I can home around 4:00.   I'm back in the AC (our heat index is still 102 today) and relaxing.  There is a chance of storms and rain for the first time in AGES so that would be a good thing.
  Hope your feeling better now.  That heat is nothing to play with.  Take good care of you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »

In case no one's heard, we had a jolt this morning. It's been reported as a 3.7 magnitude quake. I had trouble falling asleep last night, then the quake hit about 3:20, and I was unable to go back to sleep. I kept expecting after-shocks. No damage that I'm aware of. It was centered not far off Marina del Rey (not far from me).  But this kid does not function well on only 3 hours sleep!
  Yikes!  I'm glad that our ground doesn't shake.  I don't think I would like that.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2012, 03:54:23 PM »

Vibes for DR The Vixter's friend Stef and for DR John G's friend Carol.  Blood clots in your lungs are scary!
  I send vibes as well!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2012, 03:57:52 PM »

DR Cillaliz, I'm glad you were able to go home early today - take care!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »

I now have four books to read from the library.  It seems to be feast or famine with them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2012, 04:20:38 PM »

Well, apparently we've got an epidemic on our hands here at the City of Studio post office.  It seems dear reader ChasSmith's book is still sitting there and has been since July 13, along with at least one other package we know of.  It will be interesting to see if and when it shows up at the sort facility in Santa Clarita, and if the packages are then sent on empty.  I have added these two packages and their tracking numbers to a new complaint with the inspector general.  If they're smart, they will now monitor that facility carefully and maybe even put an undercover person there.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2012, 04:22:57 PM »

Thanks Jane, Ginny and Danise....I came home and drank water and had a little food.  I do feel better. 

Jane

« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2012, 04:50:25 PM »

Well, apparently we've got an epidemic on our hands here at the City of Studio post office.  It seems dear reader ChasSmith's book is still sitting there and has been since July 13, along with at least one other package we know of.  It will be interesting to see if and when it shows up at the sort facility in Santa Clarita, and if the packages are then sent on empty.  I have added these two packages and their tracking numbers to a new complaint with the inspector general.  If they're smart, they will now monitor that facility carefully and maybe even put an undercover person there.

:(

Jane

« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »

Thanks Jane, Ginny and Danise....I came home and drank water and had a little food.  I do feel better. 

I'm glad you feel better.  I doubt you will go without food or water, for awhile anyway. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2012, 05:14:13 PM »

BK, give them hell! The post office beauraucracy is the worst.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2012, 05:15:27 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~ 5 MILES !!!!!!!!!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~
You read that here first!  I just finished walking them!!!!!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2012, 05:16:10 PM »

Unbelievable!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up