Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FALL ASLEEPING  (Read 14248 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FALL ASLEEPING
« on: July 28, 2012, 01:10:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were falling asleep, and now it is time for you to post until the sleeping cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FALL ASLEEPING
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 01:11:10 AM »

And the word of the day is: BANAUSIC!

Danise

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 03:42:43 AM »

First Post!  Yay!

I have bad news.  I woke up because I was HOT.  Had to get the ladder and go into the attic.  You guessed it.  The pan was full of water.  What's scary is that only took 2 days instead of 2 weeks!  I shall have to call the company on Monday.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 04:16:24 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 04:51:02 AM »

Saturday is another work day.  Oh well.

Turned off the Opening ceremonies after about 20 minutes - well ten minutes of ceremony and ten minutes of commercials.

On another subject, shouldn't a person stop running for president until he has been nominated at the convention?  I am hoping for a big fight there and a dark horse - because no matter what they say - once that curtain is closed, I can't imagine a MAJORITY of people voting for a Mormon for POTUS.  :o
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 05:39:08 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept far too late, even though the alarm went off at 6:00am/ Tw hours later, after debating for 15 minutes or so on what the hell I was doing today, I got out of bed.

I was going to cart more books to the office, but I am frankly so angry at the situation and the mess there - not to mention how sore I am from dragging, lifting, dropping, unpacking around 40 cartons - that I need a day away from the mess.  I need at the moment a crew of younger men around half my age to lift the cartons out of the one room for me because I cannnot. My colleague Curtis, who's  known this month was going to be horrible for several months, decided to instead take on work to remove himself from Manhattan until Sept 20 or so, so I've got sound equipment, a prnter, a computer wrapped and waiting to be set up, chaos in every room, I still have no idea if the office has electricity after July 31, and I am tired of trying to do this alone. Our paralegal Geri, who's dealing with two friends in terminal stages of cancer, two young boys home from school, and other work, couldn't tell the movers during the move which cartons go into which room, and as a result, I've got cartons I need in one room buried under tons of cartons in another. No, I am not happy at the moment. So, I need a day off to regain some some good humor about this mess and to stop hatng nearly everyone on this project with me.

I will later go down to Home Depot and look at air condiitoners. Maybe that will cheer me up.

DR JRand61, I'm hoping the GOP candidate manages to offend enoungh people and countries to  become a loss and not get the nomination he and Queen Ann are so clearly certain of. Much as I dislike the politics of the Mormon (and Catholic) Church, I dislike Romney because he's a Moron. And I don't trust him.  Why are so many politicians more interested in what they can get out of the job rather than what they can put into it?

What is he hiding in those tax returns?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 05:59:10 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:12 AM »

A moron Mormon......that's a nice summing up of the man.

Yes DR ELMORE take the day off. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:35 AM »

I on the other hand am headed for work.  Perhaps FOLLIES will be awaiting me on my return.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 05:42:41 AM »

Oh well.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 06:01:03 AM »

I on the other hand am headed for work.  Perhaps FOLLIES will be awaiting me on my return.

Have a good day! I'm hoping my FOLLIES arrives as well.  My Paypal complaint has been sent.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 06:21:24 AM »

And the word of the day is: BANAUSIC!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  AN ORDINARY COUPLE

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2012, 06:24:47 AM »

Good morning, world.

I'd like to thank the cats for letting me sleep in a little this morning.  It was sorely needed.  Now, just let this coffee begin working.

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 06:26:16 AM »

Air Conditioning VIBES to DRs Danise and Elmore, toot sweet.

Doug R

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 06:27:57 AM »

Very strange. After getting a phone call from Dell recently saying my warranty had expired and offering a further year, which I turned down, I received a phone call today from someone claiming to be from Microsoft (he was obviously calliing from India - as was the Dell call). He said they had been getting reports of a problem with my computer and that it could be affecting my security. He suggested making some changes to the computer which he would guide me with over the phone. I said "no thanks" and terminated the call. Seemed very suspicious to me. And how would Microsoft have my phone number - I've never given it to them?

Jennifer

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 06:41:44 AM »

Last night DR FJL wrote:

Did I miss discussion of the DANCING WITH THE STARS ALL-STARS announcement?

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/07/27/bristol-palin-to-return-to-dancing-with-the-stars/

Actress and author Kirstie Alley
Model and actress Pamela Anderson
Race car champ Helio Castroneves
'NSync singer Joey Fatone
Gold medal gymnast Shawn Johnson
98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey
Hunky Sex and the City actor Gilles Marini
Soap star Kelly Monaco
Speed skater Apolo Ohno
Reality star, political daughter Bristol Palin
Bachelor star Melissa Rycroft
NFL star Emmitt Smith

Plus, the Viewer's Choice All-Star choices -- vying for the final, 13th slot -- are:
Cheetah Girls singer/actress Sabrina Bryan
Disney star Kyle Massey
Celeb stylist and TV star Carson Kressley

This was only announced yesterday afternoon.  Not really such a great cast, especially for the women.

Some I would not consider allstars. And too many winners.

The most interesting part will be to see who each is paired with. I am curious if most will be paired with their original partners. I would have either done everybody with their original partners. Or nobody. Not fair otherwise.

Not looking forward to Pamela Anderson or Bristol Palin at all. They were both terrible dancers.

I really hope that Sabrina is the vote-in (even though i really like Kyle). She was a fantastic dancer and got voted out way too early.

I also really hope that my favorite pro Derek does not end up with Pamela or Bristol.

Ben

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:39 AM »

Rain and Thunder here in New York.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2012, 06:47:51 AM »

Horse's Neck.

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2012, 06:53:36 AM »

It's Saturday, and it's overcast!  The promise of a day without the sun shining!  Huzzah!!!
I like boat races.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2012, 06:53:53 AM »

Good morning, all.

I had an Elmore-like dream last night in which I was directing Jim Dale and Andrea Martin in a production of "Candide" and the problem was the show wasn't funny, not the performers.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2012, 06:56:28 AM »

Watched "Attack of the Puppet People" last night. And I enjoyed it. Sorry, Elmore. John Hoyt plays creepy and insane better than the lack of a budget or the limitations in the script.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2012, 07:06:12 AM »

Good morning!

John G.

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 07:09:23 AM »

TOD: About 15 years ago, when I was living in Florida, I found myself in charge of the newspaper office that I working in for about 15 days straight. We covered -- and dealt with -- freak floods, local politics, murders, all the great things that newspaper life is all about. On the last day, we got word that a pod of whales was threatening to beach themselves because one of the mothers had a sick calf. So, I got a photographer up in an airplane to get images of the pod, and I arranged for a reporter to get on a boat to go interview the rescuers that were trying to head them off. I also talked the rest of us into getting on the boat. Off we went. Every energizing trip, and the rescue attempt was successful, even though the calf did not survive. We had everything written, edited and in before deadline, and it was good work. I still have a photo hanging in my house of the pod. Oh, yeah, and the competition didn't have the story, which is always a good feeling on top of everything else.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 07:24:28 AM »

Watched "Attack of the Puppet People" last night. And I enjoyed it. Sorry, Elmore. John Hoyt plays creepy and insane better than the lack of a budget or the limitations in the script.

No need to apologize. We don't agree. I think it's a dreadful film and its dubious charms evade me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 07:25:05 AM »

I have to look at air conditioners and post an important letter.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 07:31:55 AM »

Fall Asleeping - exactly the title of my notes about Spring Awakening   I'm just so afraid I'm going to be ask to MD it and I'll suck it up, dive into the piece and like it.  I really don't, though. 

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »

DR Matthew, where do you MD?  Various venues around the area?  One main one?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 08:26:43 AM »

I'm up (barely) and awaiting the arrival of she of the Evil Eye, at which point I suppose I'll attempt to jog.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 08:33:07 AM »

DR Matthew, where do you MD?  Various venues around the area?  One main one?

SF Bay Area.  THIS is my main gig, and then I do schools and such.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 08:46:08 AM »

You won't believe it - someone DID open a paypal dispute saying they haven't received Follies yet.  I took the gloves off and if the e-mail I wrote goes through (he's on AOL and obviously a complete idiot) he will understand just how quickly he'd best shut it down.  He's in Palm Springs and probably will get his CD today, but I have his tracking info (waiting for the helper to get it) and I will provide it to paypal and they will shut him down.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 08:51:12 AM »

Not only that - it's not even a complaint so that I could have responded right on paypal - he took it directly to a dispute so that I can not respond.  What an ASS.  I'm calling paypal when I get back.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up