Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUBES  (Read 11285 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE RUBES
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, you know about the annoying rubes, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently being heckled by some loudmouth rubes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE RUBES
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: CATHECT!

Ben

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 02:44:14 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 02:44:25 AM »

I'm feeling much better.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:00 AM »

Unfortunately, as my health improves the weather worsens.

Ugh, it's supposed to be 94 today and in the 90s this weekend.

Ben

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 02:45:23 AM »

I know, I know, it's August but the older I get the more I hate the heat.

Danise

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2012, 03:14:17 AM »

Good morning all!  We passed a quiet night.  I forgot that tonight is my yearly sleep over for my sleep apnea but I think everything will be ok.  I don't have to be there until nine so I will have some time with the dogs before I go.

Glad to read that DR Ben is feeling better.

Vibes to all in need. 

Have a wonder filled day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 03:56:58 AM »

Glad to hear you're doing better, Ben.

Vibes that the dogs are OK without you tonight, Danise.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 04:18:44 AM »

Yes DR BEN continue your feeling better status.

Congrats to DR GINNY on her win!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 04:19:30 AM »

Rose is going to the Vet today instead of Wednesday, and she will also have a flea treatment and a grooming so she will be lovely.

Thanks to all for the comments....most appreciated.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 04:21:07 AM »

I have a rehearsal tonight - even though I told the director that Friday nights were very difficult for me.

There are four people out - away from home - but he is determined to block Act Three tonight - which is following the blocking in the book, except when he doesn't want to......so it's mostly confusion.

And we don't have an official rehearsal schedule...it's just everybody come every night....and we will do something.

So I am not pleased.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 04:29:38 AM »

TOD:

CD - FOLLIES, THE FLY

DVD - more Flash Gordon

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2012, 04:32:31 AM »

Good morning, all.

VIBES for a great Friday and a wonderful weekend to the lot of yez.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2012, 04:33:24 AM »

And we don't have an official rehearsal schedule...it's just everybody come every night....and we will do something.

Ugh.  Sympathies.

ChasSmith

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2012, 04:42:32 AM »

Had to wake up early to the alarm today to put the trash out, and to be ready for the appliance guy to call and say what time he will come to fix something in the microwave.  When the clock radio started it took me a full minute to figure out why it was on and what I was supposed to be doing.

I never had a microwave repairman in my life.  But early this year I had to replace the stove, and I decided to get an under-the-cabinet one, which this house never had, built in.  And it's very nice -- then what happens, but, also for the first time in my life, I have two (2) (go ahead, count'em) things on this brand new built-in microwave that have to be fixed.  First, the clock runs wildly fast, and that's a circuit board swap, then the vent fan loses one of its speeds so today they're replacing the something or other to fix that.

So, here I am, desperately slurping the coffee since I pulled yet another late one last night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2012, 04:49:25 AM »

Good morning, all!

It will be a really lousy day: I got up at 6:30, put the laundry together, opened the door to my apartment to head to the laundromat and find that the elevator is dead, . My entire schedule for the day is screwed: it was to be laundry from 7-9. wait for the AC repair men from 10-3, head out to dinner and vist around 4:15. So, now, depending on when and if the elevator men show up to repair the elevator, the ACrepairmen cannot cart off the air conditioner if they need to - I wouldn't carry the damned thing down three flights f stairs in 90 degree weather for anyone - and I'm not schlepping a heavy load of laundry down the stairs either, and back up when I've finished, so my day is essentially screwed.

Color me pissed.

DR TCB, I stayed last year in a 4-star hotel, the Merrion, and I wish I were there again. The Hibernian Club is beautiful, but it's for wealthy businessmenm such as the Man from Philadelphia who made the decision we would all stay there, only now the only one of the group going is me, and I'm not a wealthy businessman nor do I wish to work on a rehearsal-recording project dressed like a broker or an attorney. I've voiced my concerns..
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:00:56 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2012, 04:50:40 AM »

There are four people out - away from home - but he is determined to block Act Three tonight - which is following the blocking in the book, except when he doesn't want to......so it's mostly confusion.

Must be the new way of doing things.  As the song goes, everything today is thoroughly modern

FJL

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2012, 04:52:08 AM »

When do you rehearse the Tapioca?

:)

FJL

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2012, 04:55:22 AM »

Good morning, all!

It will be a really lousy day: I got up at 6:30, put the laundry together, opened the door to my apartment to head to the laundromat and find that the elevator is dead, . My entire schedule for the day is screwed: it was to be laundry from 7-9. wait for the AC repair men from 10-3, head out to dinner and vist around 4:15. So, now, depending on when and if the elevator men show up to repair the elevator, the ACrepairmen cannot cart off the air conditioner if they need to - I wouldn't carry the damned thing down three flights f stairs in 90 degree weather for anyone - and I'm not schlepping a heavy load of laundry down the stairs either, and back up when I've finished, so my day is essentially screwed.

Color me pissed.

DR TCB, I stayed last year in a 4-star hotel, the Merrion, and I wish I were there again. The Hibernian Club is beautiful, but it's for wealthy businessmenm such as the Man from Philadelphia who made the decision we would all stay there, only now the only one of the group going is me, and I'm not a wealthy businessman nor do I wish to work on a rehearsal-recording project dressed like a borker or an attorney. I've voiced my concerns..

What is a "Borker" -  it actually sounds like something that might be a lot of fun, but I can't imagine you'd need a business suit for it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2012, 04:55:38 AM »

TOD:

CD - I'm not trying to crib off DR JRand61's post, but it's the same, FOLLIES and THE FLY.

Turntable - FOLLIES IN CONCERT.

DVD - Sampled some of the JOHN CASSAVETES box set brought home during the Criterion sale.  It's a magnificent set, and after years of thinking about it I feel I'm ready to jump in.  In addition to those five movies and the three-hour-plus documentary, I have HUSBANDS and TOO LATE BLUES on their way to me.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:44:24 AM by ChasSmith »

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »

Oh, you meant a Broker

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2012, 05:02:26 AM »

DR Elmore:   OY!!!   

Quick elevator repair vibes to DR Elmore.   Which floor do you live on?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:27 AM »

Good morning, all.

Good health vibes to those in need and TGIF vibes for all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 05:06:08 AM »

TOD:

DVD: Albert Nobbs, Hiroshima mon Amour

CD: Best Little Whorehouse in Texas

MP3: Victor Herbert, Follies, Grand Hotel

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 05:14:32 AM »

Ah DR FJL - if only they had kept "The Tapioca" I would have been very happy.  No we get lots of dreary songs that have NO feeling of the 1920's period in which the show is set.....some of them are cute.....but mostly they're forgettable.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 05:29:58 AM »

DR Elmore:   OY!!!   

Quick elevator repair vibes to DR Elmore.   Which floor do you live on?

Three!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 05:33:58 AM »

Ah DR FJL - if only they had kept "The Tapioca" I would have been very happy.  No we get lots of dreary songs that have NO feeling of the 1920's period in which the show is set.....some of them are cute.....but mostly they're forgettable.

DR JRand61, I saw the original Broadway production of "Thoroughly Modern Millie" and destested it: lousy adaptation, poor leads as Millie and Dorothy, and dreadful new songs. I did not like Sutton Foster, whom I loved in "The Drowsy Chaperone," and whoever played Miss Dorothy had one of the worst sopranos I've ever encountered. The movie's a bit of a mess but it has some charm, style, and great costumes. There was no style on Broadway.

And no taste.

I can only wish your production to be a vast improvement.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 05:41:08 AM »

Thanks for the wishes DR ELMORE.....I am not optimistic in any of those categories, but I think our audiences will enjoy it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 05:41:54 AM »

Off to work. Oh well....

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 06:03:43 AM »

I feel fine today also, but I still had the sweaty problem.  I even took a cool shower.  But the minute I stepped out of the house and into the humidity--Flehh! 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up