Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I WAS A LAZY LOAFER  (Read 13572 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: I WAS A LAZY LOAFER
« Reply #150 on: August 04, 2012, 06:49:55 PM »

Craig is still in the garage sorting.  I fear more boxes will be left with us than we want.

Jane

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01:11 PM »

I'm sure he wishes the day he spent going back & forth between working in his storage unit & our garage wasn't the hottest day of the year.

Jane

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2012, 07:01:21 PM »

'night

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2012, 07:05:42 PM »

Planning the music for a friend who's marrying someone we don't care for but trying to be subtle.

Is it  bad luck when the song for a couple's first dance is "Could I Leave You" - just wondering.

I went to a wedding where the bride and groom danced to Paradise by the Dashboard Light

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2012, 07:08:28 PM »

Keith is outside talking to a landscape designer while she is taking photos of our current landscaping.  Watching Keith explain his goals for the landscaping I'm reminded of the scene in MR BLANDING'S BUILDING HIS DREAM HOUSE of Myrna Loy explaining the exact colors she wants for the house and then the painter's response to his workmen. ;D

If there is anyone who has not seen this movie you should remedy your error immediately. 

I LOVE that scene!!!!

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2012, 07:11:47 PM »

DR vixmom - Have you considered hiring some sort of errand/cleaning service for a couple of hours?

In the meantime, don't forget to breathe.

I couldn't possibly allow a cleaning service in here -  it  is too messy, I need to clean up first!

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2012, 07:16:33 PM »

Wow, Dublin is just about upon us.  What are your departure and return dates, DR Elmore?

August 11-23. Keep them travel vibes coming!

where are you flying from?  We will be at LGA  on the 11th to head out to Canada

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: August 04, 2012, 07:17:08 PM »

Elevator and AC vibes for Elmore

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: August 04, 2012, 07:18:45 PM »

i think I am going to try and convince Vixdad to become a Mormon --- we need a couple of extra wives around here 

Instead, I think you need a couple of extra husbands.  Then the husbands can all go to work, and you can quit that horrible job!

LOL!!!

Maybe I will win the Mega Millions tonight -  I did specifically request a WINNING lottery ticket when I purchased it at the 7-11

FJL

« Reply #159 on: August 04, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »

Craig is still in the garage sorting.  I fear more boxes will be left with us than we want.

I'm reading too quickly, or it's too late, or both.  I read:  Craig is still in the garbage sorting.

And then the stuff about the boxes.  And I thought:  My, Jane is understanding and accommodating.

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: August 04, 2012, 07:23:28 PM »

My former friend Betzy, who re-did my apartment while I was in the hospital / nursing home, must have pitched the missing plastic connecter piece I need to vent my air conditioner.  Poor Nicky is really suffereing.  I am sure they have them at Home Depot, but I can't drive.

I'm sorry she is a former friend.  I'm sure she meant well thought pitching anything but food wasn't the best thing to do.  Maybe if you call Home Depot they will mail it to you.

Oh the throwing it away has nothing to do with the "former" title in our friendship.  She wrote me off in May for some unknown reason.  I have asked three times, but never received a response.

I am so sorry to hear this,Tom.

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: August 04, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

A Brief Encounter with Rupert Holmes:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/168778-PLAYBILL-BRIEF-ENCOUNTER-With-Rupert-Holmes-Lyricist-Librettist-of-The-Nutty-Professor

I thought the name of "The Pina Colada Song" was actually "Escape."
It is, but after it started it started to get popular they added the subtitle (?) of "The Pina Colada song"

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: August 04, 2012, 07:25:23 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #163 on: August 04, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »

And time to meet up with some folks at the bar across the street - which, apparently, is the oldest "alternative adult establishment" in NYC - before I head back up to Lincoln Center.

Laters...

Does this mean it's full of old people or does it mean that it's been there the longest ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: August 04, 2012, 07:35:25 PM »

DR vixmom - Have you considered hiring some sort of errand/cleaning service for a couple of hours?

In the meantime, don't forget to breathe.

I couldn't possibly allow a cleaning service in here -  it  is too messy, I need to clean up first!

LOL DR Vixmom.  this is the very reason I haven't used my merry maids gift cert

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: August 04, 2012, 07:35:32 PM »

We have not flown in 4 years -  I was surprised (unpleasantly) to learn that we now have to pay for checked extra to check luggage - no free bags - that we had to pay to select our seats ( I did spring for the bulkhead seating though -  in for a penny in for a pound!) and that we needed to buy a new lock for the luggage that allows the TSA to open our luggage if they choose to inspect it

I am also not sure what to expect at security re body scans and pat downs/feel ups etc

Ginny

« Reply #166 on: August 04, 2012, 07:37:19 PM »

DR Vixmom, flying is not fun anymore.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #167 on: August 04, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »

DR Vixmom, flying is not fun anymore.

oh good.

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: August 04, 2012, 07:44:37 PM »

If you really want to know about "The Pina Colada Song" check this out http://www.rupertholmes.com/escape-the-pina-colada-song.html

vixmom

« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2012, 07:44:42 PM »

We are especially pleased (not) that we are forced to emigrate in Toronto - we much prefer to go through Montreal or Ottawa  but that was not an option this time

vixmom

« Reply #170 on: August 04, 2012, 08:02:58 PM »

falling aleep and have to be at church early night all

FJL

« Reply #171 on: August 04, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/168778-PLAYBILL-BRIEF-ENCOUNTER-With-Rupert-Holmes-Lyricist-Librettist-of-The-Nutty-Professor

And some fool in the New York Times comment box insisted on turning "The Pina Colada Song" into "The Chita Rivera Song" in tribute to Chita Rivera about to star in  Rupert Holmes' MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD in the fall.  Some fools have way too much free time

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/chita-rivera-will-be-a-suspect-when-mystery-of-edwin-drood-returns/

(third comment down in the comment box)

FJL

« Reply #172 on: August 04, 2012, 08:10:01 PM »

We have not flown in 4 years -  I was surprised (unpleasantly) to learn that we now have to pay for checked extra to check luggage - no free bags - that we had to pay to select our seats ( I did spring for the bulkhead seating though -  in for a penny in for a pound!) and that we needed to buy a new lock for the luggage that allows the TSA to open our luggage if they choose to inspect it

I am also not sure what to expect at security re body scans and pat downs/feel ups etc

vixmom -

I know you've seen my FLY ME IN THE NUDE video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn3AcCmPL00

Did you think it was fiction, or that it would somehow not apply to your own flying experience?

Ginny

« Reply #173 on: August 04, 2012, 08:14:08 PM »

OK, I've managed to stay awake to see both swimming relays and complete 2 loads of laundry, but I'm a little tired.

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »

We had a lovelier than lovely stumble-through - just a few things to futz with and make smoother, but a wonderful cast and terrific MD.  Then a few of us went to the Daily Grill, where I had a new under 600 calorie dish - two chicken breasts, grilled, and a caprese salad of cheese and tomatoes - out of this world.  And three bites of strawberry shortcake, so well under 1000 calories thus far.

Cillaliz

« Reply #175 on: August 04, 2012, 08:29:40 PM »

And some fool in the New York Times comment box insisted on turning "The Pina Colada Song" into "The Chita Rivera Song" in tribute to Chita Rivera about to star in  Rupert Holmes' MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD in the fall.  Some fools have way too much free time

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/03/01/chita-rivera-will-be-a-suspect-when-mystery-of-edwin-drood-returns/

LOL,. Freddie

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #176 on: August 04, 2012, 08:44:05 PM »

I meant to congratulate DR John G on seeing his newly-published book at Costco. Congrats!
Many congrats!  What is the title again?
Food Lovers' Guide to San Antonio. Not of much use outside of the immediate vicinity unless you are coming here. But thank you for asking.

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #177 on: August 04, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »

LOL,. Freddie
Great, FJL.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #178 on: August 04, 2012, 08:50:00 PM »

Planning the music for a friend who's marrying someone we don't care for but trying to be subtle.

Is it  bad luck when the song for a couple's first dance is "Could I Leave You" - just wondering.

I went to a wedding where the bride and groom danced to Paradise by the Dashboard Light

And what could be more romantic than Meat Loaf and Ellen Foley in a little car makeout scene? I love it.  ;D

Did they follow with "Send in the Clowns"?
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #179 on: August 04, 2012, 08:53:22 PM »

Thanks, Cilla and JohnG
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up