Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T EVEN ASK  (Read 9780 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: DON'T EVEN ASK
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2012, 02:56:03 PM »

Elmore, DON'T YOU GET SICK!

I mean it!

I am feelng better now!

Thank you all for the vibes. I will be happy when I'm out of this dreadful humidity and landing in Dublin. I checked the temperature there. It's around 67 today, but the humidity is high.

What a relief.  Maybe it was stress.

FJL

« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2012, 02:58:56 PM »

Great, Laura!

I obviously had a few days to catch up on.  terrific.

FJL

« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »

More vibes anyway, Larry

Jane

« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2012, 03:16:20 PM »

I must confess, I thought Matthew Perry's new series, GO ON, was much better than I had expected it to be.  I will have to see a few more episodes first, before I call it a success, but it is much better than the previews made it look.

I forgot all about recording this. The next episode won't be on until September. 

Danise

« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2012, 03:17:33 PM »

Morning all.

I am also sorry I missed Dear Vixmom and wasn't able to wish her good travel vibes.  I was so tired last night that I went to bed around seven.  I do not know why I can't shake this "don't feel good feeling" and thought the extra sleep would help.  I woke around ten thirty last evening, took care of some things, and went back to bed and fell asleep right away.

I feel rested but just not quite up to snuff today.  I plan on relaxing and doing nothing more than watching some tv and posting on and off all day today.  I did have to take Sheena up to get her leg rewrapped.  That didn't take long.

Poor girl.  She really doesn't like having her leg wrapped at all and the vet was amazed she was able to get the splint off. 

In other news, we had some sky writers this morning.  U and God = :) was one message.  I had to take Sheena to the vet so the other message or messages were gone by the time I got back.

I don't know why that was done but it was fun to watch as they were writing it.

That photo was very much like what saw--where did you find it DR TCB? 

Good travel vibes to DR Elmore!!!!!!  Sorry you were not feeling good today either.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »

Knowing for sure a regular DVD should work Keith was able to easily fix the problem. 

We look forward to our first Blue-Ray experience tonight.

What kind of TV will you be watching it on?

Samsung 1080HD 51"

Sounds fine.  Just checking!!   :)

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

DR Laura for people only watching the Olympics on delay it would be a spoiler. I will say what it was tomorrow. Although anyone watching the Olympics would know.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2012, 04:06:55 PM »

DR Cilla I'm glad the story had a happy ending.  Do you know if Ruby has a microchip?  If not I would suggest they get her one.

Chris had read an article that you should wait until a puppy is 6 months old so they hadn't done it yet.  She was getting one today

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »

Craig isn't have a very good trip & has spent up to two hours in the evening finding a place to sleep.  This morning he decided to take a side trip to see one of the great landmarks of this country. ;D

He was in Iowa!  Right near the covered bridges of Madison County.  Wonder if he saw any of them
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:14:39 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2012, 04:43:24 PM »

Knowing for sure a regular DVD should work Keith was able to easily fix the problem. 

We look forward to our first Blue-Ray experience tonight.

What kind of TV will you be watching it on?

Samsung 1080HD 51"

Sounds fine.  Just checking!!   :)

:)

So far we are happy with it.  It's big & clear & the sound is pretty good too.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »

DR Cilla I'm glad the story had a happy ending.  Do you know if Ruby has a microchip?  If not I would suggest they get her one.

Chris had read an article that you should wait until a puppy is 6 months old so they hadn't done it yet.  She was getting one today

Hmmm, I don't remember about an age limit.  I'll have to look into that.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »

Craig isn't have a very good trip & has spent up to two hours in the evening finding a place to sleep.  This morning he decided to take a side trip to see one of the great landmarks of this country. ;D

He was in Iowa!  Right near the covered bridges of Madison County.  Wonder if he saw any of them

Saw what, the bridges of Madison County?  I'll have to ask.  I'm shocked he even took this side trip.  He couldn't get out of the car & leave the pets in it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »

An hour ago the power went out for a few minutes - very annoying.  For some reason, the air conditioner was then emitting warm air - very annoying.  I shut it off and just turned it on again and hopefully it will work the way it should - otherwise it's going to be a nasty evening and tomorrow before I can get someone here to deal with it.  Guess I'll know soon.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Someone just posted this - so nice I had to share:

Dearest Bruce, I am sitting here in amazement, with tears in my eyes, listening to the show that changed my theatergoing life, the show I traveled to Boston to see in tryout, the show I saw on opening night in New York, the show I had to beg the box office to sell me standing room when the show was not (and never was) sold out, the show I dragged everyone I knew to see and almost none of them got it, the show I wrote to Hal Prince for a standing room ticket for the closing night, the show whose final performance was one of the most exciting events in my then-young life (when they announced that Kurt Peterson would be playing Young Ben at that performance, a roar went up in the theatre, and I knew I was in for the ride of my life, and it was).
After so many near-miss and not-quite-right attempts to get this show right, along comes Bruce to recreate the magic, as intact as it can possibly be, and sounding the way that it never did on recording. Thank you, Bruce, from the bottom of my heart and for all of FOLLIES fanatics out there, for this miracle.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »

Sorry to appear to sit here like so much fish.  Rob and Mary Linda came up to do some errands here in Middletown and ended up staying to watch the women's Olympic basketball game and stay for dinner.  We had a nice visit and now they're on their way home, by way of IKEA.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 04:52:29 PM »

Very nice, BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 05:03:52 PM »

Watched a Blu and Ray of the American Masters documentary about Johnny Carson - really well done.

ChasSmith

« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2012, 05:09:21 PM »

What a great note!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 05:17:43 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2012, 05:18:07 PM »

And ChasSmith do feel free to add yours for ALL the books you've been reading :)

Jane

« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2012, 05:20:45 PM »

Dearest Bruce, I am sitting here in amazement, with tears in my eyes, listening to the show that changed my theatergoing life, the show I traveled to Boston to see in tryout, the show I saw on opening night in New York, the show I had to beg the box office to sell me standing room when the show was not (and never was) sold out, the show I dragged everyone I knew to see and almost none of them got it, the show I wrote to Hal Prince for a standing room ticket for the closing night, the show whose final performance was one of the most exciting events in my then-young life (when they announced that Kurt Peterson would be playing Young Ben at that performance, a roar went up in the theatre, and I knew I was in for the ride of my life, and it was).
After so many near-miss and not-quite-right attempts to get this show right, along comes Bruce to recreate the magic, as intact as it can possibly be, and sounding the way that it never did on recording. Thank you, Bruce, from the bottom of my heart and for all of FOLLIES fanatics out there, for this miracle.

Wow!  That has got to feel good.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 11, 2012, 05:22:38 PM »

Sorry to appear to sit here like so much fish.  Rob and Mary Linda came up to do some errands here in Middletown and ended up staying to watch the women's Olympic basketball game and stay for dinner.  We had a nice visit and now they're on their way home, by way of IKEA.

Craig will need IKEA once he moves in.  He left just about everything behind in storage for us to give to a charity.  Unless he hauled it again himself, a horrible thought with this heat & the pets, the cost of shipping was about the same to replace.

FJL

« Reply #112 on: August 11, 2012, 05:29:18 PM »

I worry that Amazon users can easily see all the reviews that one person posts

Like here's mine

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A1WI7EX6EGJKIH/ref=cm_cr_pr_auth_rev?ie=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview

and won't they wonder if they notice a pattern in who the person writes reviews about, if there are few reviews, even if the reviews are a while apart

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:30:54 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #113 on: August 11, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »

Wonderful!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 11, 2012, 05:38:37 PM »

Power went out again.  Let's put on our thinking caps and figure out why: Could it be that the entitled of Studio City pump their AC units twenty-four hours a day and therefore cause a mass overload?  These idiots, these creeps - I turn on my air, get the house cooled down and then guess what?  I shut the damn thing OFF.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 11, 2012, 05:39:45 PM »

FJL, funny I don't see any book reviews for certain books by certain haineshisway.com authors (not just me).  Most unseemly.

FJL

« Reply #116 on: August 11, 2012, 05:44:36 PM »

FJL, funny I don't see any book reviews for certain books by certain haineshisway.com authors (not just me).  Most unseemly.

That's my oh-so-subtle  question, Bruce.  Out of five products I reviewed there, two are Kritzerland products by Bruce Kimmel. 

Does it look weird if there's a third review of a Bruce Kimmel Kritzerland product, or does nobody notice that kind of thing is my question?

FJL

« Reply #117 on: August 11, 2012, 05:47:09 PM »

JohnG's book got 5 stars of course.  Highly recommended. 

For some reason, it just lists his co-writer on my recommendations list, but I definitely really liked the parts that JohnG wrote, too.

:)

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:52:05 PM by FJL »

FJL

« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »

Bruce, is BRAIN FROM PLANET X actually no longer available?  Or is it just out of their stock temporarily?

Laura

« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2012, 06:06:38 PM »

Dust storm.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up