Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM FLIES  (Read 14326 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DREAM FLIES
« Reply #270 on: August 13, 2012, 06:53:44 PM »

Did an hour podcast - fun!  I asked them to send me a link when it's running.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #271 on: August 13, 2012, 07:00:30 PM »

Sleep well, TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #272 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #273 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »

UGH! It looks like someone/something cloned my debit card! However, I just got off the phone with Chase, and they have already "closed" my debit card, and stopped the pending debit charge of $800+ placed at a Wal-Mart in Arkansas. Whew! Gotta love those text alerts!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #274 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:12 PM »

Lots of pain tonight.

G'night!

~~~~~PAIN-FREE SLEEP VIBES FOR DR TCB~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #275 on: August 13, 2012, 07:09:18 PM »

DR FJL - When we headed over to "Tinker's Damn" - yes, that's the name of the name of the place - none of us had any idea what were in store for last night. In fact, we almost walked out as soon as we walked in since it was a little too low-key. But then Hayden asked if there was a drag show tonight, and when the bartender said, "Yes", well... And that's when Jimmy, the waiter, unrolled the drapes that formed the "stage". That's also when Jimmy "unrolled" his jeans. And when we told the Hostess that it was Colin's birthday, well... Oh, and there was that free round of drinks. And Joan Jett/Alicia Keys and Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson...

So was this what we used to call a strip joint?

Like the old Follies in D.C. (or are you too young to remember that, Jose?)

It's actually just a gay bar that has a drag show on Sunday and Monday nights. At least I think that's what it is.

As for the the Follies in D.C... I remember seeing the ads in the Washington Post and The Blade for the club when I was in middle and high school. I also drove by it a few times, but never went it. I wuz scared.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #276 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »

DR FJL - When we headed over to "Tinker's Damn" - yes, that's the name of the name of the place - none of us had any idea what were in store for last night. In fact, we almost walked out as soon as we walked in since it was a little too low-key. But then Hayden asked if there was a drag show tonight, and when the bartender said, "Yes", well... And that's when Jimmy, the waiter, unrolled the drapes that formed the "stage". That's also when Jimmy "unrolled" his jeans. And when we told the Hostess that it was Colin's birthday, well... Oh, and there was that free round of drinks. And Joan Jett/Alicia Keys and Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson...

So was this what we used to call a strip joint?

Like the old Follies in D.C. (or are you too young to remember that, Jose?)

It's actually just a gay bar that has a drag show on Sunday and Monday nights. At least I think that's what it is.

As for the the Follies in D.C... I remember seeing the ads in the Washington Post and The Blade for the club when I was in middle and high school. I also drove by it a few times, but never went it. I wuz scared.
Hey, the sounds of a Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson left me kinda scared, too.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »

I only read today's notes because I got confused. The date was Aug 12th. So I kept on refreshing and the date was still August 12. So I decided to go to the archives and that's when I realized the date was wrong.

So I am now caught up.
Never stop dreaming.

FJL

« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2012, 07:39:43 PM »

Hey, the sounds of a Britney Spears/Debbie Gibson left me kinda scared, too.

No, don't talk Britney and Debbie at the same time, John G.

Love Debbie!

My favorite Debbie Gibson 1980's Video - Only in My Dreams live version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxbISmBcYhg

FJL

« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2012, 07:48:41 PM »

It looked severe on the outside, I guess, but inside, it was really quite welcoming and nice, and I recall some of the stripper guys actually wore cool costumes, unlike the NYC same-name equivalent, which really was a strip joint.  (They were of course all "marketing" but if an audience member was in their twenties and looked poor they knew not to try to sell to them so I don't think it'd have been uncomfortable for you at that age, although you might have been bothered by, well, I won't go on)

And Roscoe was there as always to bring on the... oh wait, maybe that's idealizing a little bit...  :)

FJL

« Reply #280 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:32 PM »

It was the FOLLIES, after all.

John G.

« Reply #281 on: August 13, 2012, 08:43:07 PM »

Scary stuff with the credit card, Jose. Hope that works itself out quickly. And don't be shopping at Wal-Mart in Arkansas anymore.
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #282 on: August 13, 2012, 09:32:45 PM »

Scary stuff with the credit card, Jose. Hope that works itself out quickly. And don't be shopping at Wal-Mart in Arkansas anymore.

Well, as Chase promised, the fraudulent charges have already been reimbursed to my account. I can't get a replacement card until I get back to NYC, but, thankfully, I did hit an ATM today to get some cash - and I'm guessing the ATM I used has a skimmer on it. -The fraudulent transaction involved my PIN. At least I'll be spending most of my remaining time here in Palo Alto/San Jose in rehearsal. No real need for a debit card while I'm sitting at the piano. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #283 on: August 13, 2012, 09:37:23 PM »

It was the FOLLIES, after all.

And I seem to remember that it's full name was: La Cage aux Follies.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #284 on: August 13, 2012, 09:41:21 PM »

And now, courtesy of KQED, I'm finally getting to watch "Oscar Hammerstein II: Out of My Dreams".
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »

Finished one and a half Crackers - and some cheese, which is fun to eat with Cracker.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »

Here's the link to the podcast:

http://broadwayradio.com/2012/08/13/this-week-on-broadway-for-august-13-2012-bruce-kimmel/

That's great!  I downloaded the MP3 and will listen to it tomorrow at work.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up