Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM FLIES  (Read 14193 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: DREAM FLIES
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:06 AM »

Page Two Trousers Dance!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2012, 06:18:41 AM »

I'm up (barely) and have announced the new title.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2012, 06:23:19 AM »

TROUSER VIBES to DR Elmore, and to anyone else who needs trouser vibes today.

LOL!

The receptionist Briona had both the needle and thread, and I am set. All is good for the nonce.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2012, 06:27:41 AM »

TROUSER VIBES to DR Elmore, and to anyone else who needs trouser vibes today.

LOL!

The receptionist Briona had both the needle and thread, and I am set. All is good for the nonce.

Dear god!  I thought I was joking with the borking, and the lingus and the snooker, but elmore seems to be living in the middle of an old-fashioned door-slamming sex farce over there.  All you need is Ken Ludwig to write the script and we'll be set for a nice year-long, money-losing run at the Music Box.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:37 AM »

Phillip King NOT Ken Ludwig - PLEASE!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2012, 06:38:50 AM »

CD ordered!

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2012, 06:39:09 AM »

CD ordered!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2012, 06:39:16 AM »

I listen to podcasts and radio shows if they are mentioned or linked here, otherwise.....no.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2012, 06:47:40 AM »

Reserve a Martha Ivers for me!  Rozsa!

TOD:

I listen to a lot of internet radio and broadcasts.  Mostly the BBC...a lot of BBC4 comedy panel shows like Just A Minute; The Unbelieveable Truth; Sorry, I Haven't a Clue; The News Quiz; etc.  I also regularly listen to WMKV which broadcast big band, American Song Book, and old radio shows out of Cincinnati.  I will also seek out theatre interviews on places like the National Theatre website and other places.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2012, 06:48:14 AM »

We are back from the car detailer and the vampire's blood lab, where it only took 2 - count 'em, 2 - tries to get a vial from me  :P
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2012, 06:49:05 AM »

hello, goodbye

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:58 AM »

DR Elmore, sounds like a good reason to buy a new pair of trousers when you're out shopping

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2012, 06:54:51 AM »

TOD: the only podcasts I listen to are work related mini webinars done as a podcast.  I've listened to some radio shows and other podcasts like Ben's and occasionally the Broadway one here, but ususally just when I've been reminded of them. It's not something I think to do

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2012, 06:55:16 AM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

I've caught up on the notes.  Will try and ketchup on the posts.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2012, 06:57:41 AM »

Yesterday was very busy.  Went to the lake and mom gave me a walnut vanity with a mirror that I used to have in my room and the lake when I was growing up and that I had at my apartment in college.   Her comment was "now, nothing else in here is your's right?"  I had to laugh.  I was concerned about getting the vanity in the house, but I took out all the drawers and took the mirror off the back and was able to carry it upstairs myself.   It made me feel like I can actually do things with my left arm again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2012, 06:58:58 AM »

The vanity needs to be refinished.  It's taken a beating over the years being in the guest house.  Looks like the boys(or my sister) have left beer bottles on it and there are rings about that size.  I figure that's a project for the future

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2012, 07:00:39 AM »

I also decided I'm not going to paint the spare room any time soon, so I put the door back on, moved furniture around and set the TV back up in there.   The walls look terrible, part wallpaper ripped off, part colors I'm testing etc, but at least the upstairs furniture is where I want it for now and I can actually walk through all the rooms.

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:15 AM »

My shoulder is a little stiff this morning, but nothing like I expectred it would be.  I'll take an aleve and will be good to go all day.

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 07:01:32 AM »

DR Cillaliz, we need a "before" picture of the vanity!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:07 AM »

DR Elmore, sounds like a good reason to buy a new pair of trousers when you're out shopping

My thoughts, exactly!

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 07:02:55 AM »

Right now I'm at home while the AC guy services my air conditioner.   My AC guy is actually Edith's husband.  Since my ac and furnace are new since I bought the hosue. He talked me into a service contract.  He comes out twice a year and cleans and tunes the ac in and outside and the furnace.  The best part is, should it go out in the middle of the night in the middle of the winter, they come and don't charge overtime.

Cillaliz

« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 07:03:09 AM »

Anyway, he's almost done so then I'll go to work

Cillaliz

« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »

DR Cillaliz, we need a "before" picture of the vanity!

Ok, it isn't anything fancy, but I've always liked it.  It belonged to the mother of my mom's best friend.  The previous owner is now 100 years old, or maybe 101, living in either assisted living or the nursing home, but still is sharp as a tack

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

I've caught up on the notes.  Will try and ketchup on the posts.
Glad you had a great trip. I did a route similar to yours when I was 15. There were five of us crammed into a Volkswagen going through northern Austria and southern Germany, including trips to Neuschwanstein (or however it's spelled). And yes, great beer and sausages and schnitzel.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2012, 07:05:22 AM »

TOD:

Podcasts, in general, haven't yet become part of my world.  Worse, I know there's all kinds of great radio available over the internet that I haven't taken advantage of.

That being said, I absolutely want to know about anything HHW-related, and I will for sure be listening to this one today.

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2012, 07:06:29 AM »

Let's see what else do I know.  Had a nice visit with Mom and dad.  Mom ordered chicken to go from my favorite chicken place

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »

TOD:

Podcasts, in general, haven't yet become part of my world.  Worse, I know there's all kinds of great radio available over the internet that I haven't taken advantage of.

That being said, I absolutely want to know about anything HHW-related, and I will for sure be listening to this one today.

I do listen to I Heart radio sometimes.  You can get radio stations from all over the country. Not sure if you can get them from other countries or not

Cillaliz

« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

Whew!  Chris used the water faucet in the back of the house to clean off the outside ac unit and couldn't get the water to shut off.  Luckily, I was able to do it.  Now I need to get a plumber to replace that faucet and to fix the other outside faucet. I think it has something inside blocking the water flow because it doens't get much water at all to come out.  I'm just hoping it can wait until the cash flow improves a little.  I'm still catchin up from July

Cillaliz

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 07:14:47 AM »

OK, Chris is almost done.   I think when he leaves I'll see if I can find the shut off valve for that faucet just to be sure I've got it off.

Cillaliz

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2012, 07:15:16 AM »

Very close
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up