Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAM FLIES  (Read 14388 times)

ChasSmith

Re: DREAM FLIES
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »

Very close

But no cigar... until you say

PAGE 3.

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »

My work is done.  We checked the basment. No shut off valve.  Luckily I got the faucet to shut off.  Now I need to call a plumber.  I'll to it tomorrow

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 07:30:18 AM »

OK, Washingtonians, what is life like in Yakima? And has anyone seen a magazine called Good Fruit Grower? Just saw a job posted for it. Sounds wonderful. But I think I'm too stuck to want to move.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 07:33:40 AM »

I was distressed to learn that the people who lived across the street from me and who had always maintained an immaculate front yard (unlike my attempts at Darwinian gardening) had lost their home to foreclosure. I didn't know them very well. They spoke Spanish and not much English. But they were always friendly and had an adorable little girl.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 07:36:30 AM »

Water flow and cash flow vibes for DR CILLA LIZ.

Nice story about your vanity.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »

I was distressed to learn that the people who lived across the street from me and who had always maintained an immaculate front yard (unlike my attempts at Darwinian gardening) had lost their home to foreclosure. I didn't know them very well. They spoke Spanish and not much English. But they were always friendly and had an adorable little girl.

That's sad news.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »

OK, Washingtonians, what is life like in Yakima? And has anyone seen a magazine called Good Fruit Grower? Just saw a job posted for it. Sounds wonderful. But I think I'm too stuck to want to move.

Frances Farmer's sister Edith lived in Yakima for many years - before she died - but I am not sure that that is a recommendation.

FJL

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2012, 07:40:50 AM »

Frances Farmer's sister Edith lived in Yakima for many years - before she died - but I am not sure that that is a recommendation.

I plan to live in Manhattan while I'm alive, but I'm considering settling in Yakima for my after-life.  Sounds like a perfect place for it.  or maybe Scranton, if Yakima doesn't work out.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2012, 07:42:32 AM »

I have relatives who own a building in Scranton, so my spirit could get a nice deal.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:24 AM »

DR George I"m glad that you noticed that NBC was re-showing the Closing Ceremonies later last night. I would have mentioned it if i had seen your post last night.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2012, 07:45:47 AM »

DR Jane nice deck pics. I've never seen a deck like you originally had it (with trees sticking through it).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2012, 07:47:34 AM »

Thank you DR John G and FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT VIBES FOR YOU?

Jane

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:40 AM »

Last night, I had dinner with one of our Dublin producers, Jonathan, whose father and companion were beaten and robbed over a month ago. Jonathan's report on his dad and his father's lady friend were good. After dinner, we walked the Grafton Street area and he showed me an easy route to Walton's, where we will rehearse Tuesday-Thursday.

I'm glad to hear they are doing well.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:58 AM »

Vibes for Craig.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2012, 07:51:47 AM »

I'm free today until the car picks me up for tonight's chorus rehearsal. I may go shopping on Grafton Street and there's a wonderful bookstore I'd like to visit. I may also walk in St Stephen's Green for a bit. I also need to stop at a Bank of Ireland and convert some currency.

I've finished seven chapters of HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY. How did I ever miss reading this glorious book?

Wonderful Grafton Street.  Have fun shopping.

You put me in the mood to re-read HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY, alas my library doesn't have it on eBook.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:21 AM »

Happy to see you posting DR Elmore!!!!

I did a LOT of sleeping this weekend but I do feel better for it. 

GOOD!!!

How is Sheena doing?

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2012, 07:52:34 AM »

DR Jane, that looks like a stunning piece of property.  Seriously.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We are up earlier than usual for a Monday because we're taking Mary Linda's old car to get the carpets and seats steam cleaned before she shows it to a potential buyer.  She and Rob tried to do this on Saturday, but were told an appointment was needed.  Works OK for us, because I also have to go this morning for a blood test.

CAR SELLING VIBES FOR MARY LINDA!

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2012, 07:55:26 AM »

Well, the weather in Dublin is cool, about 67 at the moment, but the humidity is terrible. I walked to Grafton Street for postcards and to the wonderful Hodges & Figgis book store, stopped to browse in HMV, and I was soaked to the skin with sweat by the time I got back to the club Ugh.

I just learned what the Snooker Room is and I feel quite informed.

Hope you're enjoying Dublin DR elmore3003. I was there about 8 years ago but the streets were in a mess then because they were laying down tram lines.

:(

I think we were lucky to experience Dublin in December.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2012, 07:57:14 AM »

I am back in California, for a few days anyway.  Flight home was close to unbearable, but we landed safely.  Loved Munich, but probably won't go back.  I'd like to see other parts of Germany, though.   We had a lovely time in Salzberg on "The Sound of Music" tour, which was so much fun.  We also went to Neuschwanstein, which was great - even the trek up the mountain was great. and it was quite a trek.  Much sausage was eaten and much beer was consumed, as well as schnitzel with noodles - one of my favorite things. 

:)

Jane

« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2012, 07:59:20 AM »

My work is done.  We checked the basment. No shut off valve.  Luckily I got the faucet to shut off.  Now I need to call a plumber.  I'll to it tomorrow

VIBES IT WON'T COST MUCH & WILL BE AN EASY FIX!

Jane

« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2012, 07:59:44 AM »

:(  I hope they will be ok.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2012, 08:01:34 AM »

Thank you.  We like it but it is a lot of work for Keith which is why the current project.  The idea is to make caring for it easier. 

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2012, 08:04:49 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  We are up earlier than usual for a Monday because we're taking Mary Linda's old car to get the carpets and seats steam cleaned before she shows it to a potential buyer.  She and Rob tried to do this on Saturday, but were told an appointment was needed.  Works OK for us, because I also have to go this morning for a blood test.

CAR SELLING VIBES FOR MARY LINDA!

Thanks, DR Jane!

We just got a call that the car is done, so we'll go pick it up when Richard is ready for a study break.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 08:06:33 AM »

Thank you.  We like it but it is a lot of work for Keith which is why the current project.  The idea is to make caring for it easier. 

What took you to that part of the world?  Please pardon my memory if you've already talked about this since I've been here! 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2012, 08:23:46 AM »

I am really tired.

ChasSmith

« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2012, 08:24:38 AM »

So let's see, what else do I need to ketchup on?

Amazon book reviews --

Next one I post will be for "Album", then on to "Benjamin" ... at which time I should FINALLY be well into Kritzer #2.  That was actually the plan for this past week, till it and a few other things got overtaken by events ... events (such as the Driveway) that I well and truly wish would just be over now.

ChasSmith

« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2012, 08:26:27 AM »

As to The Fly, let's all hope that the one so brutally dispatched did not have a tiny little human face.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2012, 08:32:29 AM »

Nice photos DR JANE.

Nice radio show....yes, I think some of the studio chatter should be posted so that we can hear it.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2012, 08:32:42 AM »

What took you to that part of the world?  Please pardon my memory if you've already talked about this since I've been here! 

Keith was working in London so I tagged along.  During the days I entertained myself walking around the city & had lunch with an English cousin.  Best of all, Keith had to take the train to Cambridge.  While he worked I enjoyed the sights.   After a few days I flew to The Isle of Man to spend the night with family and from there met Keith in Dublin for a few days of vacation.  We were supposed to stay longer in Ireland and do a bit of touring but, as often happened, Keith had to return to work sooner than expected.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up