Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHERRY-A-LET  (Read 8345 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: CHERRY-A-LET
« Reply #120 on: August 17, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »

PAGE5DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #121 on: August 17, 2012, 06:35:06 PM »

Hi from Walt Disney's All Star Music Resort.  My room is quiet and adequate and for the first time, Disney has free wifi in the room.  It's about time.  I landed at 10:30am and hit the ground running.  Checked in to the resort and went to meet my pals.  What a day we had!!   Never stopped.  Now I believe it will be a cold shower, then into bed with a book which will last I think about 5 minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: August 17, 2012, 06:47:45 PM »

Page five?  Can you dig it?

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #123 on: August 17, 2012, 06:50:20 PM »

One last comment about the Carol Channing doc. Toward the end, the director interviews people who showed up for an autograph session. One of them is Miles Kreuger, who might have had something interesting to say about her role or her place in musical theater history, but the director didn't have a clue who he was and just included a nothing quote from him about having seen her in "Lend an Ear." And it doesn't identify him.  
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #124 on: August 17, 2012, 07:21:07 PM »

Just in from having a triple chocolate bourbon bacon brownie. I shouldn't have, but it called me.

What did it call you?

FJL

« Reply #125 on: August 17, 2012, 07:22:22 PM »

a nothing quote from him about having seen her in "Lend an Ear." And it doesn't identify him.  

Mike Tyson expressed interest in this property as well.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »

Here's a fascinating description of what Sondheim told Jason Robert brown about what you're supposed to say after seeing a friend's show

From wikipedia at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Robert_Brown

When Brown was 23, he and a friend were invited to see a musical by Stephen Sondheim himself. At the show, they sat in front of the New York Times' Frank Rich. They went to dinner, and after twenty minutes, Sondheim asked them what they thought of the show: they both were silent. Brown described the dinner after that moment as "many extremely awkward silences punctuated by bursts of frantic, desperate conversation about anything other than the slaughtered elephant in the room." Brown called mutual friend Daisy Prince the next day, asking if there might be any way to repair the damage after the dinner. She and her family decided that Brown should call Sondheim. Brown paraphrased what Sondheim said:

Nobody cares what you think. Once a creation has been put into the world, you have only one responsibility to its creator: Be supportive. Support is not about showing how clever you are, how observant of some flaw, how incisive in your criticism. There are other people whose job it is to guide the creation, to make it work, to make it live; either they did their job or they didn't. But that is not your problem. If you come to my show and you see me afterward, say only this: "I loved it". It doesn't matter if that's what you really felt. What I need at that moment is to know that you care enough about me and the work I do to tell me that you loved it, not "in spite of its flaws", not "even though everyone else seems to have a problem with it", but simply, plainly, "I loved it." If you can't say that, don't come backstage, don't find me in the lobby, don't lean over the pit to see me. Just go home, and either write me a nice email or don't. Say all the catty, bitchy things you want to your friend, your neighbor, the Internet. Maybe next week, maybe next year, maybe someday down the line, I'll be ready to hear what you have to say, but at that moment, that face-to-face moment after I have unveiled some part of my soul, however small, to you: that is the most vulnerable moment in any artist's life. I beg you, plead with you to tell me what you really thought, what you actually, honestly, totally believed, then you must tell me "I loved it." That moment must be respected."

Wow! 

On the one hand, I totally agree with him and certainly know where he's coming from.

On the other hand, if he doesn't want an honest response, he shouldn't ask.

Actor Keenan Wynn had a way of sidestepping this kind of awkward moment.

If he didn't like a picture, and he had to confront the filmmaker or one of the actors (who might be friends) when it had finished, he'd go up to them, smile, give them a light punch on the shoulder and say, "Son of a bitch".  It worked every time.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2012, 07:25:02 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
Our niece(Vixdad's sister's daughter- Vixeldeldestcousin) gave birth to a 8lb 6 Oz boy  1 hour and 15 minutes ago!!!

Congrats to Vixeldeldestcousin!!

Ditto!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #128 on: August 17, 2012, 07:28:18 PM »

I'm patting myself on the back, but the orchestrations for DEAREST ENEMY are really, really good, and the orchestra plays them beautifully. Everyone is very happy and excited, and almost everyone has the same question: how did such a delightdul score get set aside for so long?

WE got a healthy Philip O'Reilly back today, so that was good. The verdict on Stephen Rea is still out, so please keep those vibes coming. We need him well.

So, it's midnight here, and I'm off to bed. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.

I'm sorry.  I must have missed this.

What's wrong with Stephen Rea?

John G.

« Reply #129 on: August 17, 2012, 07:30:00 PM »

Just in from having a triple chocolate bourbon bacon brownie. I shouldn't have, but it called me.

What did it call you?
Sucker.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: August 17, 2012, 07:31:00 PM »

a nothing quote from him about having seen her in "Lend an Ear." And it doesn't identify him.  

LOL.
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #131 on: August 17, 2012, 07:37:11 PM »

Good morning, all! I was asleep by midnight last night, and I slept a good 7.5 hours or so. I have no memory of any dreams.

Last night, except for the bad news about Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly, went quite well. Ideally, that all should have happened a night earlier but was foiled by THE BUDGET. Still, the chorus sounds good and they seem to be getting into the spirit of the show. After rehearsal, I went with David Brophy and some of the chorus to a local pub for a Guinness.

Today, at 2pm, a car will take all of us at the Club - Judy the producer, Kim, Annalene, Jim, and me - to the Helix, where we will be recording. Brian Masterson and his crew are setting up the orchestra and equipment this morning. Brian used to own the Windmill Studio where U2 and Bonno recorded. I think he's retired and freelancing now, and he's a really good man.

So, around 3:30, we will rehearse all of the cast's numbers with the orchestra, break, and then rehearse the orchestra. I've got my repair kit, for any emergencies, and I have one fix to make in the bassoon book. Some of  the band played for EILEEN last year, but we lost a lot of players because the RTE concert orchestra is out of town with concerts.

So, please, please, please keep those good health vibes for Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly coming!

The Chieftains have recorded there also. I believe Brian Masterson has produced several of their albums with Paddy Moloney..

Have a fun and safe visit to fair city of Dublin / Baille Atha Cliath
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2012, 07:39:58 PM »

Enjoy Canada Vixmom!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2012, 07:40:17 PM »

Happy Birthday SWWoody!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2012, 07:41:49 PM »

I walked over to Grafton Street and purchased a pencil sharpener, and I am now ready to face the orchestra. The car will pick us up in 45 minutes.

The tv in my room gets 5 channel: one's showing an Australian soap opera NEIGHBOURS, one's showing Mickey Rooney in something, another's showing MURDER SHE WROTE, which I never liked much, and I forget what's on the other two. I guess I will go back to HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY. I'm over halfway through it.

Thank you, all, for the vibes. Please keep them coming!

I have seen Neigbors before..

Murder She wrote is popular in Ireland

Enjoy and good luck!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »

BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
Our niece(Vixdad's sister's daughter- Vixeldeldestcousin) gave birth to a 8lb 6 Oz boy  1 hour and 15 minutes ago!!!

Congrats to your niece and her new baby... All the best!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2012, 08:00:15 PM »

DR DakotaCelt, we said this to DR Danise when she left for similar reasons. Nobody here cares if you are a downer. Plus I don't find that you've been a downer at all.  We love to hear from you. And it will make you feel better to have the support you have here. Don't worry about being a downer!

thanks  :-)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

Page five?

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2012, 08:38:26 PM »

A quick question for my fellow book lovers...and, of course, being a lurker, I may have missed this discussion.
Did anyone read GONE GIRL by Gillian Flynn over the summer months?
Wow...talk about a book that messes with your head.....

I haven't read it, but not sure I'm really needing anything more to mess with my head, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2012, 08:41:47 PM »

If you're wondering where i've been....according to the SC Journal I've been in the "eye of the storm"  Hope I didn't post this when I found it last night and then forget that I posted it, LOL

http://siouxcityjournal.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/sioux-city-immigrant-groups-flooded-with-requests-as-fed-rule/article_e9f0b0aa-b8b4-5eb9-949c-0b59a17e4149.html,

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2012, 08:42:54 PM »

Gee I had no idea I was in the eye of the storm, but I'll take the free publicity

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWW...Come back and post!

John G.

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »

Gee I had no idea I was in the eye of the storm, but I'll take the free publicity
How many people did you see?
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2012, 08:50:33 PM »

Well at the time of the interview, she asked the same question and I said I didn't have a number.   That's because as of the interview it was two.  Truthfully, I didn't start scheduling DACA (deferred action for childhood arrivals) until Wednesday when the forms and final instructions were published.  I had 8 since then and have a bunch scheduled for the next two weeks.   I'm not doing the massive fast clinic style set up.  There are too many issues that can cause problems.  There isn't a lot of trust in this administration, they have deported more people than any administration in history and to get this you have to give them all the info they need to deport you and then swear it's true.  So, you have to be very careful what you say and to do a real risk/benefit analysis

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »

Is this the cousin whose wedding The Vixter was in?  Congratulations to the parents and welcome to the world, Baby Boy!

It is!  In fact yesterday was Vixeldestcousin's 4th wedding anniversary - this visit we finally were able to meet her first son, who just turned 2 in March, tomorrow we will celebrate Vixgranny & Vixgrandad's 60th wedding anniversary (the celebration is actually a bit  early the true date is August 30th but Vixter starts college on the 27th so we had to be back home)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »

Glad you're having a good time, Vixmom!

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:10 PM »

You never cease to make me laugh

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2012, 09:37:41 PM »

What did it call you?
Sucker.

But you got even and ate it!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:53 PM »

Page five?

John G.

« Reply #149 on: August 17, 2012, 09:48:12 PM »

Not for long.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up