Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: CHERRY-A-LET  (Read 8333 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: CHERRY-A-LET
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2012, 09:20:19 AM »

I am SHOCKED I tell you, SHOCKED to find a missing apostrophe in the notes.

Well, if you found it, it is no longer missing; is it?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #61 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22:18 AM »

I’ve never seen or heard of it before but I was watching the 1956 film "The Beast of Hollow Mountain" starring Guy Madison on the MGM HD channel. It’s a western in which the ranchers are being bothered by a pesky prehistoric dinosaur gobbling up all their cattle. Made in CinemaScope and “Introducing the New Nassour (producer’s name) Regiscope Process, Animation in Depth”. Surprisingly well-made film released by UA. I thought it a bit sad when the beastie got sucked into the quicksand at the end. Might be one of DR MBarnum’s favorites.

NO SPOILER ALERT???!!

You've ruined it for me!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

vixmom

« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2012, 09:26:16 AM »

good health vibes for Stephen Rea and Philip O'Reilly

vixmom

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2012, 09:27:11 AM »

Happy Birthday to Woody!!

vixmom

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2012, 09:27:39 AM »

Jose I am happy to hear things are going well

vixmom

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »

Breaka Leg VIBES to JRand and the Millie company!!

vixmom

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:14 AM »

BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!BREAKING NEWS!!!
Our niece(Vixdad's sister's daughter- Vixeldeldestcousin) gave birth to a 8lb 6 Oz boy  1 hour and 15 minutes ago!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »

I'm up, barely.  Phone rang at eight, I ignored it and fell back asleep.

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »

VIBES for All!!!

Off to vacation some more

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2012, 09:46:30 AM »

DR DakotaCelt, we said this to DR Danise when she left for similar reasons. Nobody here cares if you are a downer. Plus I don't find that you've been a downer at all.  We love to hear from you. And it will make you feel better to have the support you have here. Don't worry about being a downer!

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2012, 09:47:18 AM »

Glad DR Vixmom got upgraded to first class. That must have been fun!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »

My niece and I are both completely obsessed with my yonanas machine (you put frozen fruit in and it comes out like soft ice cream).

Although for some reason she's decided that she only likes banana and peach. And she likes oreo cookies but not chocolate chips (have no idea why).

I've been eating it everyday. And using it probably every 2nd or 3rd day (and freezing some).

It is super easy to clean. I'm just not crazy about too much banana (not crazy about the flavor of just banana even though i do like things like banana muffins). But it's easy to put only 1/2 or 3/4 of a banana in and mix it with other fruits.

I've used frozen strawberries, kiwis, raspberries, blue berries, clementines, cherries, grapes, apples.

And it is super tasty. My mom doesn't think it's sweet enough. But to me it is super tangy. Plus if you put chocolate chips in then it is much sweeter.

I would highly recommend this appliance!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: August 17, 2012, 09:55:25 AM »

Welcome to the world, Vixbaby!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2012, 09:56:42 AM »

Happy birth, (is it ) vixcousin

FJL

« Reply #74 on: August 17, 2012, 09:57:20 AM »

Here's a fascinating description of what Sondheim told Jason Robert brown about what you're supposed to say after seeing a friend's show

From wikipedia at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Robert_Brown

When Brown was 23, he and a friend were invited to see a musical by Stephen Sondheim himself. At the show, they sat in front of the New York Times' Frank Rich. They went to dinner, and after twenty minutes, Sondheim asked them what they thought of the show: they both were silent. Brown described the dinner after that moment as "many extremely awkward silences punctuated by bursts of frantic, desperate conversation about anything other than the slaughtered elephant in the room." Brown called mutual friend Daisy Prince the next day, asking if there might be any way to repair the damage after the dinner. She and her family decided that Brown should call Sondheim. Brown paraphrased what Sondheim said:

Nobody cares what you think. Once a creation has been put into the world, you have only one responsibility to its creator: Be supportive. Support is not about showing how clever you are, how observant of some flaw, how incisive in your criticism. There are other people whose job it is to guide the creation, to make it work, to make it live; either they did their job or they didn't. But that is not your problem. If you come to my show and you see me afterward, say only this: "I loved it". It doesn't matter if that's what you really felt. What I need at that moment is to know that you care enough about me and the work I do to tell me that you loved it, not "in spite of its flaws", not "even though everyone else seems to have a problem with it", but simply, plainly, "I loved it." If you can't say that, don't come backstage, don't find me in the lobby, don't lean over the pit to see me. Just go home, and either write me a nice email or don't. Say all the catty, bitchy things you want to your friend, your neighbor, the Internet. Maybe next week, maybe next year, maybe someday down the line, I'll be ready to hear what you have to say, but at that moment, that face-to-face moment after I have unveiled some part of my soul, however small, to you: that is the most vulnerable moment in any artist's life. I beg you, plead with you to tell me what you really thought, what you actually, honestly, totally believed, then you must tell me "I loved it." That moment must be respected."

John G.

« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2012, 09:58:44 AM »

Jennifer, someone brought a Yonanas machine to the office. I can see why the chocolate would not be everyone's favorite. It didn't melt into the banana, so it offered too hard a contrasting texture to the melting banana, at least as far as I was concerned.

My only drawback to the machine, however, is that bananas don't like me, so I don't/can't eat them often.

At work, the person who brought it in had strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and several types of chocolate. I think peach would have been good.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2012, 10:01:43 AM »

Thanks for posting that, FJL. That applies to so many situations in life, and I've tried to tell that to a friend when we go to restaurant openings. It's the same thing. Yet all she wants to do is talk about how she could do it better. Not cool. And not supportive.
― Voltaire

Doug R

« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2012, 10:15:31 AM »

I am SHOCKED I tell you, SHOCKED to find a missing apostrophe in the notes.

Well, if you found it, it is no longer missing; is it?

Toward the end of the 4th paragraph : "The main score were trying to salvage is truly beloved and iconic"

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #78 on: August 17, 2012, 10:32:40 AM »

A correction on what's on my CD player.  It will definitely be THE STRANGE LOVES OF MARTHA IVERS which arrived in the post today.  Thanks, BK!  Looking forward to savouring this.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »

Sondheim has done this repeatedly and it's always the same - he asks for your opinion and when you give it to him honestly and should that honest opinion be less than glowing, he never speaks to you again.  It happened with Alex Rybeck and it's happened with many others.  Lesson learned: Lie.  When he asked me what I thought of Road Show, before I even got my mouth open he said, "It sounds like you were disappointed."  I then told him I'd enjoyed it, didn't love the production, and thought his score was wonderful.  Then all was well.

FJL

« Reply #80 on: August 17, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »

We can all go on with our lives now.  A Paul Ryan shirtless photo has been found by TMZ, the press can pursue other stories

"sources close to Paul's abs tell us Ryan has totally transformed his midsection in the past couple of years ...
and now he's totally shredded with a killer 6-pack"

Here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/17/paul-ryan-shirtless-abs-tomach-photo-vice-president/

« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:20:42 AM by FJL »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: CONCATENATE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  CIRCLE OF LIFE

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #82 on: August 17, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Woody!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #83 on: August 17, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »

Today, I received in the mail...

From Krizerland:  Dear Brigitte/Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation, The Baja Marimbas: Lazy Days, the original soundtrack to Junior High School AND the Blu-ray to Junior High School! 

From Amazon:  the original cast recording to Nunset Boulevard, the Blu-ray to Singin' in the Rain AND Star Trek: The Motion Picture: The Director's Edition!!

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2012, 12:59:42 PM »

HOWEVER, I have yet to receive The Strange Love of Martha Ivers!  I have no choice but to open a Paypal dispute!

;)

George

« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »

Back to paying invoices...in other words:  my job. :P

Jennifer

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:50 PM »

Jennifer, someone brought a Yonanas machine to the office. I can see why the chocolate would not be everyone's favorite. It didn't melt into the banana, so it offered too hard a contrasting texture to the melting banana, at least as far as I was concerned.

My only drawback to the machine, however, is that bananas don't like me, so I don't/can't eat them often.

At work, the person who brought it in had strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and several types of chocolate. I think peach would have been good.
I guess that makes sense about the chocolate chips. But to me it tastes like choc chip ice cream. The chips break into tiny bits. How soft it is I think depends a bit on how defrosted the fruit is. If banana does not agree with you then you can do it banana free. But i find the texture better when you use less than one banana. I do it so I cannot taste the banana but still get the texture I want.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: August 17, 2012, 01:51:33 PM »

Back from a sandwich and no fries.  Picked up no packages and an important envelope, did my banking and am now home to find out that three weeks ahead of our anniversary show, we're fifty percent sold.  We've warned EVERYONE about making reservations early.  I'd imagine we'll be sold out within the next week or so.

Jennifer

« Reply #88 on: August 17, 2012, 01:53:16 PM »

That Sondheim bit is very interesting. I would think though that there could be a way to be honest yet be very supportive. I could see saying you liked something or enjoyed it no matter what. But why would someone ask your opinion if they do not want it. They should not ask.

Danise

« Reply #89 on: August 17, 2012, 01:56:38 PM »

Danise, you might want to read this one...so many twists and turns....I couldn't put it down!
I will have to check it out.

I was home early today.  I don't know if I should post this but you know they moved us out of our building due to RNC.  The place they moved us to started getting a really bad smell after lunch (we are above the EAC lab) so Lord only know what we were smelling along the water that was leaking from the wall which I would not doubt is full of mold.  I have been nauseated all afternoon.  Others were complaining about head aches and their chest feeling tight.  At three they told us to go  home.  I've just been sitting here at home like so much fish, trying to sip some Purified water and hoping i can keep it down.  It's been about an hour and I am only just starting to feel good again.

I don't know what will happen on Monday.  We can't go back into that smell, whatever it is.  If I have to take vacation/sick time (which I don't think is fair) I am not going to put myself in an environment that is going to make me sick. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up