Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK, NEW YORK  (Read 7201 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
NEW YORK, NEW YORK
« on: August 18, 2012, 10:19:50 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very New York, and now it is time for you to post until the New York cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 10:22:40 PM »

And the word of the day is: TETRALOGY!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 10:34:37 PM »

Does anyone know if there was a separate soundtrack for centennial? I have always liked some of the background music of this series.

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »

Good Evening!

The final performance/presentation of Triangle went very well. In fact, the audience was so into it, that they did not applaud at the end of the first act until the house lights came back up signaling the start of intermission. -And, yes, that was a good thing. I guess. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 01:08:01 AM »

One very cool thing happened after the show...

Our director was talking with one of her favorite audience members. It turned out that the audience member's grandmother worked at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory. -Triangle deals with the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire. Well... Her grandmother had called in sick the day of the fire! The woman had no idea that Triangle was about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire, and, apparently, spent most of the show in a sort of state of emotional shock. -In a good way. She loved the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 01:09:42 AM »

In other news...

All I have left to pack up in the morning is my MacBook and toiletries. We don't fly back until 3:20pm, and the shuttle is scheduled to pick us up around 12:30pm to take us to SFO. It will be nice to have a bit of time in the morning to finish packing and get some breakfast.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 01:18:37 AM »

Does anyone know if there was a separate soundtrack for centennial? I have always liked some of the background music of this series.

There is one CD of John Addison's film music coming up on Amazon. It only includes the main theme from "Centennial".

bk did release Addison's soundtrack for "Tom Jones". Maybe he has some tracks from "Centennial" in his closet. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 01:18:50 AM »

And now...

Sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 02:49:15 AM »

Good morning, all! I have had a lovely breakfast, and I may take a walk in St Stephens Green before we head to the Helix to begin the first day of recording.

Yesterday, the cast and orchestra continued through the score and the chorus joined us after the dinner break. I think they are having fun; the ladies get to sing in funnyt voices and sing as though they are angry, the men get to be pompous and sing like drunken morons, and I've got our porducer laughing in the studio at some of the things they are pulling. I am sure, knowing their contractor, that they assumed it would be an easy "sing  classical" oratorio performance, and here they are acting very silly instead.

The orchestra plays beautifully, and they seem to like the adventure. The cast is really wonderful. Our veteran is my old dear friend Kim Criswell, and she and the cast are having a great time. When Philip O'Reilly, who plays the moron and comic relief General Tryon, said to me that he's having a great time, although he usually sings Bach and Haydn, we both agreed there were to few comedy numbers in the ST MATTHEW PASSION.

We are also recording, for the first time ever, a cut Rodgers & Hart song, "The Pipes of Pansy," which is adorable, and it's sung very seductively by Hal Cazalet and Rachel Kelly as the secondary couple.

So, today Mr Stephen Rea will come in and we will run his scene at the piano before we put him and the cast in front of the orchestra. I am very excited that it's going so well. Keep them vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2012, 02:50:28 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Travel Vibes & Xylophones to BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Doug R

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2012, 02:59:27 AM »

It was so difficult to sleep last night because of the heat, added to which, because it was hot and a Saturday night, there was constant noise from people and cars in the streets. It's going to be even hotter today.

Doug R

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2012, 03:03:12 AM »

I'm clearing the place of a lot of clutter. If I've not needed something for about 5 years I don't think I need it at all.  Although on that basis I'd probably be getting rid of an awful lot of DVDs and CDs which I haven't watched/listened to in over 10 years.

FJL

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2012, 04:55:11 AM »

Travel vibes to BK!!!

FJL

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2012, 04:55:25 AM »

Travel vibes to Jose!!!!

FJL

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2012, 04:56:13 AM »

Continuous smooth recording vibes to Larry!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2012, 05:00:46 AM »

Good morning, all.

Travel vibes for BK, Jose and anyone else moving about.

Recording vibes for Larry.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2012, 05:04:27 AM »

I'm up and waiting to be whisked away to the Bank of Bur airport, after which I shall be on my way to the city that never sleeps.  Keep those most excellent vibes and xylophones coming for a safe, secure, and on time flight and lots of good weather until I'm home.

FJL

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2012, 05:07:55 AM »

I'm clearing the place of a lot of clutter. If I've not needed something for about 5 years I don't think I need it at all.  Although on that basis I'd probably be getting rid of an awful lot of DVDs and CDs which I haven't watched/listened to in over 10 years.

Not sure how I feel about that 5-year theory, Doug, especially about papers and documents.  They do have a way of becoming needed out of nowhere. Case in point what I'm seeing right now.

I found with my current ugly "cyber-follower" situation, i remain so grateful to have the fact that I knew the main instigator 25 years ago well-documented in his own handwriting, which was only because I hadn't thrown out his writings, which were clearly dated from way back then -

And I will add of course, having the same thing stored on a disc or a drive would have been 100% as good, and I'm planning to take this paper - once i've whittled down the closed storage bin  to the indispensable stuff - and do that, even in part because if it's valuable enough to keep anyway, am i not better off having it on disc rather than subject to loss?

FJL

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2012, 05:08:21 AM »

I'm up and waiting to be whisked away to the Bank of Bur airport, after which I shall be on my way to the city that never sleeps.  Keep those most excellent vibes and xylophones coming for a safe, secure, and on time flight and lots of good weather until I'm home.

More and more vibes to BK!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2012, 05:53:28 AM »

Greetings from the Bank of Bur airport.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:13 AM »

Good morning, all.

The feline contingent let me sleep in a bit this morning, a blessing.  It just happens that our latest heat wave broke for the weekend (providing BK with what I believe is perfect weather for the city), and the air and light this morning as I gradually cleared my brain of dreams were actually very California-like.

I was up to read the notes last night but too wiped out by then to post.

Kritzer Time was incredible, and of course an overwhelming event that happens near the end (I just KNEW something was coming, damn it) was pretty overwhelming, but what a rewarding journey.  Doesn't there need to be, like, uh, one more book?    :)

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 06:48:33 AM »

Wouldn't it be great, perhaps even overwhelming, if the guy who says "That's a good sandwich" was on this flight?

Michael

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 06:53:28 AM »

Maybe he has some tracks from "Centennial" in his closet. ;)

I think it's about time that Centennial came out.
Never stop dreaming.

KevinH

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:02 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:46 AM »

Travel vibes to BK and Jose!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:36 AM »

Travel and weather vibes to MR BK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2012, 07:42:52 AM »

Irish Recording Vibes to DR ELMORE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2012, 07:43:15 AM »

Travel vibes for DR JOSE.

That was an interesting story about the audience member.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2012, 07:44:12 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - some people on the internet are crazy and self-centered - I think you found one more of them....whew!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »

Thoroughly Modern Millie est mort.

Good closing night.  My strike duties were to clean the makeup area and the dressing rooms.  I had a lot of help....and it went quickly.....so it's on to SEE HOW THEY RUN.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up