Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW YORK, NEW YORK  (Read 7069 times)

ChasSmith

Re: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 07:46:48 AM »

And on to

PAGE 2.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 07:47:09 AM »

The director told me on Thursday that in spite of what the schedule says - we will be rehearsing the acts as follows on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday:
3, 1, 2

Two cast members told me we are doing: 2, 1, 3.

So I am not exactly sure of what we are doing tomorrow.....so I suppose I will find out.  He is always about three days late answering emails....so if I ask him today....I won't get an answer until it's TOO LATE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 07:54:45 AM »

Here I am in the dressing room on closing night.....the hat is NOT part of the costume....it's from PIPPIN.....but it looks nice.

Jennifer

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

Last night DR FJL wrote:
Have we discussed this rumor?

Lisa Whelchel - Blair from FACTS OF LIFE - is strongly rumored to be one of the contestants on the new SURVIVOR series that's about to get under way.

Jennifer, did you know about this?

No, I hadn't heard this. Haven't really looked into the new season yet. But I did read the article you posted. And the other stuff about the returning players is accurate I think.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »

And here is Precious in her new favorite spot, on the arm of the couch, looking out the window.

Jennifer

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:09 AM »

FOR DR FJL:

Here is the (speculated) cast for Season 25 of Survivor:

http://www.survivorfever.net/s25_cast.html

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 07:59:47 AM »

And finally a look at the amphitheatre where the wedding took place last week.  This is the view from where I would be standing, although we don't have the glass candles along the stairs yet.....and some rows of chairs were added before the ceremony began.

Cillaliz

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 08:12:13 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - some people on the internet are crazy and self-centered - I think you found one more of them....whew!

Oh I know this.  The crazy thing is this list serv is just people in our organization of imm attys in two states.  It's all by real name and we do know each other, at least who the others are.  So, it's less internet related than just a crazy person in an organization. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2012, 08:14:35 AM »

Love the photos JRand

Cillaliz

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2012, 08:16:02 AM »

the weather here has been fabulous.  It's been 70s during the day and upper 40s at night.  It's going to warm up to the 80s this week, but that's still great.   We even had a little rain yesterday.  It was only between 1/4-1/2 inch, but it was rain, baby, we haven't seen it in so long

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2012, 08:16:23 AM »

Thanks DR CILLA LIZ......

And now I will work on LINES.....

Kerry

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2012, 08:23:38 AM »

Wouldn't it be great, perhaps even overwhelming, if the guy who says "That's a good sandwich" was on this flight?
  You are truly warped!  I love it!
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 08:57:34 AM »

Safe trip for BK.
You can dream…or you can do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 09:24:02 AM »

It is my duty to report that the weather is beautiful here in Indiana.

Ben

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 09:53:40 AM »

It's also beautiful here in New York City.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2012, 10:18:55 AM »

Does anyone know if there was a separate soundtrack for centennial? I have always liked some of the background music of this series.

There is one CD of John Addison's film music coming up on Amazon. It only includes the main theme from "Centennial".

bk did release Addison's soundtrack for "Tom Jones". Maybe he has some tracks from "Centennial" in his closet. ;)

Hmmm... I may have to purchase the cd.

I loved the background music they used for the character Levi Zendt.

The background music in Centennial complimented the main theme by taking an element from it and creating a thread for the main characters or story points. Very well done.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »

Great pix, JRand.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2012, 10:22:20 AM »

Vibes to one and all!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2012, 10:24:41 AM »

Here I am in the dressing room on closing night.....the hat is NOT part of the costume....it's from PIPPIN.....but it looks nice.

Lookin' sharp!  You look quite dapper Jrand!

FJL

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2012, 10:29:32 AM »

Nice photos, Jrand!

P.S.  The theater world seems comparatively more fun where you are. 

FJL

« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2012, 10:31:03 AM »

Thanks for the info, jennifer!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2012, 10:33:28 AM »

The quality of music for film and television can make or break what we see  onscreen. I have seen some television shows that have had fairly good background composition, and in some cases, almost cinema quality. During the 1980s and 1990s some of the soaps even had decent background music. The music can enhance the action we view onscreen and create a bridge for story direction and acting.

With that being said, I have also seen some films and shows with horrid music. IN those cases I am not sure if it is the selection of the piece, execution in relation to the scene, or the lack of understanding how all the pieces work.

The marriage of music, story, and acting works with Centennial and you are drawn into the action.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2012, 10:36:42 AM »

and the good lord only knows how many times I have read the book.

EVen though The Far Pavillions was not a huge success, it does have some interesting pieces. I do have that album.

Marty Davich did music for Days of our Lives and General Hospital during the 80s and 90s and it helped to make the stories much more compelling. Paul Glass did the music for One Life to live and General Hospital. I have not been really thrilled with his work on GH but I did not mind Glass' work on OLTL. David Nichtern was hit and miss.

David Nichtern did have one piece that still resonates with fans called Song without End. ABC did have it available for a very short time for download after The Chieftains appeared on the show in 1996.

Example of Marty Davich's work from 1980s. Apparently Corday Productions released a cassette with some of the music from Days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4FRaApfB8w
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 10:49:21 AM by DakotaCelt »

John G.

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2012, 10:38:14 AM »

Got the Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess" (to differentiate it, I guess, from Jane Austen's "Porgy and Bess") from the library today. I hope it will be better than the "End of the Rainbow" recording or "Newsies," neither of which I could listen to all the way through.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2012, 10:40:46 AM »

Maybe he has some tracks from "Centennial" in his closet. ;)

I think it's about time that Centennial came out.

I like that idea...

John G.

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2012, 10:56:14 AM »

Here's a funny video from the cast of "The Addams Family" wishing they were in "Newsies"
http://broadwayworld.com/videoplay.php?colid=398640#
― Voltaire

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2012, 11:00:31 AM »

Aside from the Chieftains playing...

You can hear bits and pieces of David Nichtern's stuff... After the Chieftains play their medley from "The Long Black Veil" They play the song "Song Without End". OLTL fans still talk about this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86btKez-utw

Elmore, an Irish treat for you!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2012, 11:31:10 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I've had breakfast: French Toast, Eggs (over medium - as opposed to "over a medium[/i]), Bacon, Home Fries and Coffee. -Yep, that should tide me over until I get back to NYC tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »

OH!

And I realized/remembered that I have my "emergency" credit card on me. -Which I use for, well.. Emergencies. It will be nice not having to wait in the extra-long line to pay cash for my checked baggage fees later.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2012, 11:32:57 AM »

Got the Gershwin's "Porgy and Bess" (to differentiate it, I guess, from Jane Austen's "Porgy and Bess") from the library today. I hope it will be better than the "End of the Rainbow" recording or "Newsies," neither of which I could listen to all the way through.

Well... Considering I wanted to walk out of the theatre after the Overture... And then even moreso after "Summertime". well... Enjoy the accordion! ::)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up