Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: BK IN THE CITY  (Read 7533 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BK IN THE CITY
« Reply #150 on: August 20, 2012, 08:10:23 PM »

FJL - to me it's odd that he quotes the Alan Chapman Everybody Wants to be Sondheim song, the most known recording of which is by Guy Haines.

ChasSmith

« Reply #151 on: August 20, 2012, 08:38:44 PM »

Good evening, all.

Am I really the only DR to take MR BK up on his invitation to observe the recording session?  I spent five -- count'em -- five hours there today, and here's what I can tell you:  this is already an album I want to put on repeat play.  Lanny's arrangements are wonderful and the 20-piece orchestra blew me away.  Or maybe the orchestra was wonderful and Lanny's arrangements blew me away.  One of those.  I also happen to think the East Coast Singer is sounding luscious on these songs.

It was especially gratifying to walk in as they were doing BK's own number, because it's a beaut.

Many thanks to BK for the invite.  I took a few snapshots on my phone and will pull them off later and post them here.  If I'd known picture taking was de rigeur at these things (or so it seemed to be today), I would have brought my very decent but unobtrusive REAL camera and gotten a few things worth enjoying.  Next time!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:55:21 PM by ChasSmith »

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2012, 08:40:11 PM »

I'm working too hard to get any work done. I hate Mondays like this.

My afternoon was like that.  I just couldn't get anything done

Cillaliz

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2012, 08:41:04 PM »

Time for bed.  I have a long day tomorrow.  Night.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #154 on: August 20, 2012, 08:57:11 PM »

TOD:

One of the two best trips that I ever took was when my sister, my niece and I went to London.  It was shortly after 9/11, also...we went in December, 2001.  We saw Starlight Express (before it closed in January 2002); Kiss Me Kate with Brent Barrett and Marin Mazzie; and the first two acts of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof with Brendan Fraser, Frances O'Connor and Ned Beatty. 

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #155 on: August 20, 2012, 09:00:51 PM »

Good evening, all.

Am I really the only DR to take MR BK up on his invitation to observe the recording session?  I spent five -- count'em -- five hours there today, and here's what I can tell you:  this is already an album I want to put on repeat play.  Lanny's arrangements are wonderful and the 20-piece orchestra blew me away.  Or maybe the orchestra was wonderful and Lanny's arrangements blew me away.  One of those.  I also happen to think the East Coast Singer is sounding luscious on these songs.

It was especially gratifying to walk in as they were doing BK's own number, because it's a beaut.

Many thanks to BK for the invite.  I took a few snapshots on my phone and will pull them off later and post them here.  If I'd known picture taking was de rigeur at these things (or so it seemed to be today), I would have brought my very decent but unobtrusive REAL camera and gotten a few things worth enjoying.  Next time!

I am jealous Chas, I would have liked to have been there and so would the Vixter however we are currently on the other side of the continent looking forward to your pictures
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up