Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BK IN THE CITY  (Read 7506 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BK IN THE CITY
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »

PAGE TWO!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2012, 10:43:40 PM »

And after my flight landed 15 minutes early... And just a ten-minute wait at baggage claim... And a speedy 25-minute can ride from JFK to the UES...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:46 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:07 AM »

Oatmeal, banana, walnuts and cinnamon with coffee.

Ben

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 01:08:52 AM »

It's 68 right now. The forecast says partly cloudy but who knows.

Ben

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 01:09:23 AM »

The forecast says rain for tomorrow and storms for Wednesday and Thursday.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 01:14:11 AM »

Hi, Ben! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 01:14:23 AM »

I've been terribly errant and truant lately, but I'm here. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 01:36:51 AM »

I was in Seattle all day yesterday Saturday with my niece and my sister's boyfriend.  We went to a Seattle Storm women's basketball game.  It was Lauren Jackson Bobblehead night and I got one!  However, Lauren Jackson wasn't even playing that night.  I don't know where she was, but she and Sue Bird (they're the two best players of the team and two of the best players in the entire WNBA) and one other player weren't there.  The Storm lost. :-\ Anyway, here's a stock photo of the bobblehead:

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:50:48 AM by George »

George

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2012, 01:51:50 AM »

Today Yesterday, my sister and I went shopping for stuff to make a raffle basket.  On Saturday, August 25, Theater Artists Olympia is having a fundraiser:  Get A Heart On for TAO! ;)

We got items for barbecuing...a tablecloth; paper napkins, plates and silverware; barbecue tongs, spatula, fork and metal brush scraper; barbecue flavor spices, etc.  I've been told that there will be seven or eight baskets to raffle.  My sister made one (or maybe two) for the fundraiser last year, and I think that hers had one of the highest winning bids!  We'll see how much this one goes for.

(apologies if your screen goes into widescreen)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 11:50:29 AM by George »

George

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2012, 02:04:12 AM »

After the game, we went to Silver Platters and I bought 10, count 'em 10 CDs...they were all used but look like they're brand new.  I've got some listening to do at work, this week.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »

Good morning, all! I have returned from breakfast. Irish eggs and butter are so much more deelish than New York examples! And the coffee! Don't get me started.

Yesterday, we recorded the Finale with Stephen Rea as General George Washington and Karl Harpur as his envoy. Following that we did all of the ladies' chorus numbers - HeighHo Lackaday, War Is War, I'd Like To Hide It, and Old Enough To Love - before dinner break. Then the men joined the group and we dashed through several more numbers, including "I Beg Your Pardon," the gavotte and wonderful "Where The Hudson River Flows." We also did Annalene's reprise of "Bye and Bye," which is really heartbreaking. We finished with the first take of Hal and Rachel's "The Pipes of Pansy," an unrecorded Rodgers & Hart song that was tossed out of around four shows on the road. It's a real charmer, and I'm not sure why it was ever cut from anything. We're using the original Roy Webb orchestration from PEGGY-ANN.

Today, we begin with Rachel and Hal, go on to the men's chorus numbers  - Cheerio!, Yankee Doodle, and God knows what else! - along with Kim and Philip's "The Hermits" and maybe "Here In My Arms." After dinner, the ladies will join us and we'll finish up the choral pieces. Tomorrow we finish up the the romantic duets and record the orchestra sections.

BK, I hope all goes smoothly with your recording. Tell Lanny, Alet, and Andy I send my love. I am sorry I missed you all last night. It would have been fun. I hope you will get a chance to see ONCE. Andy is wonderful in it.

DR vixmom, I think the name Declan is quite lovely.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2012, 02:19:06 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Good Week, Good Luck and Good Health Vibes for All the Drs!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2012, 02:23:05 AM »

Good morning! 

Danise

« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2012, 03:36:53 AM »

Good morning all!

Vibes to all who need them!

I didn't do much yesterday but I did manage to mow the lawn.  I did not make it to the laundry matt.  I look forward to the day when that will no longer be something I have to do.

Hopefully the problem at work has been solved.  If not, I shall come home. 

Hope everyone has a wonder filled day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Doug R

« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »

It's my work day, so I'm off to work now.

Michael

« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:36 AM »

Good morning to all!

2 pages before 8:00am EST!

Maybe it will be a record setting day.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 04:52:51 AM »

I almost forgot to add:

Today is my traveling day back to Montreal. Since it leaves around Montreal rush hour I will be at the airport around 2.5 hours ahead of time.

Partly to want to get through custom and immigration and security quickly and so that my Mother who is driving me does not get caught in traffic returning home.

When I arrived it took over two hours to drive about 4 miles!! and then another hour to get through similar traffic and then the drive home which took another 30 minutes.

On non traffic days it can take 20 minutes to get there!!!

Montreal only has a short window to do road repairs and they are constantly doing them because of previous shoddy work and the salt they use on the roads during the winters.
Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:44 AM »

I'm up - I fell asleep right away but woke up an hour later, then finally back asleep an hour or so after that. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:42 AM »

Hopefully the forecast will change because all of you will be sending your most excellent vibes and xylophones for the weather to be nice until at least Wednesday night.  Send 'em and send 'em often.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:55 AM »

Quote button shows for me.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 04:59:38 AM »

TOD: Do I have to choose?

I will never forget dancing the samba on the streets of Brazil during Carnival or hang gliding off the side of a mountain.

I loved the pomp and solemnity of the Holy Week parades through Antigua, Guatemala, plus the physical agony of dragging my out-of-shape body up the side of a 10,000-foot volcano.

Going on safari in the Okavango Delta in Africa is still unbelievable, as are the memories of seeing everything from cheetahs running wild to a lady leopard up a tree.  

This recent trip to Italy was as relaxing a week as I could have wished, and I was happy to spend with six good friends.

The cruises on the clipper ship, the Victory Chimes, off the coast of Maine are right up there. So was going to Ireland to take part in a dance contest and then drive around the island.

And it doesn't have to be out of state, even. I remember a wonderful trip to Big Bend National Park with my friend, Hillary. The beauty of the area was breathtaking, even after I got the car stuck in a mud puddle in the middle of a desert. I was left there in the 95-degree heat reading "Barnaby Rudge" while she went off to get help.

Then there were the trips to Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Chile, Hawaii and, of course, all the trips to Germany to visit family.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »

And the word of the day is: LODESTAR!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  GIVE A LITTLE WHISTLE

ChasSmith

« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2012, 05:23:52 AM »

Good morning, all.

Embracing the coffee.

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2012, 05:28:39 AM »

DR Elmore's Irish eggs, butter, and coffee sound like heaven.  Was there bacon?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2012, 05:36:39 AM »

Weather vibes people!  I shall now be on my way to the studio.

Kerry

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2012, 06:13:30 AM »

It certainly feels like a Monday morning.  :-\
I like boat races.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2012, 06:47:34 AM »

TOD:

It would have to be one of the many theatre trips to London that The Lovely Wife and I have been taking over the years since 1994, almost yearly, where we see ten to twelve shows.  We both know the city very well by now, and go and just live in a holiday flat with a kitchenette.  The flight over is always nice too, because I will not fly overseas in coach.  We usually fly business and nothing less than premium economy, which has wider seats and lots of the perks of business.  Perhaps the best trip was the one where we flew shortly after  9/11 and got bumped to upper (first) class on Virgin Atlantic.  Flying in style.  And, of course, we're seeing the greatest theatre in the world and brilliant actors.  I've seen close to 150 plays now in London.

But my favourite trip to London may have been my first one when I was going over as the writer of my first two films, HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES and THE SIGN OF FOUR, to see them filmed with Ian Richardson as Holmes.  I stayed for three months, the first month in a great boutique posh hotel, The Duke's, off Picadilly and only a stone's throw from St. James Park and Buckingham Palace.  Then I was moved to a high-rise flat right down the street from Westminister and the Houses of Parliament.  From my window, I could watch the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.  A chauffeured car picked me up every monring to take me to the studio and then back at night.  I had three months to explore and get to know the city like the back of my hand.  It is the greatest city in the world.  I never tire of it and it's really the only place The Lovely Wife and I ever want to travel to.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2012, 07:10:08 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  Several of my volunteer obligations have meetings scheduled this week, so I will be attending those and trying to get some workout time in at the Y.  The weather continues to be glorious here in SW Ohio.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2012, 07:17:17 AM »

It certainly feels like a Monday morning.  :-\
Amen.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up