Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES  (Read 10884 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES
« on: August 21, 2012, 08:30:58 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of coming home to Los Angeles, Los Angeles, and now it is time for you to post until the Los Angeles cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:33:09 PM »

And the word of the day is: EUNOIA!

Cillaliz

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 08:45:44 PM »

Woo Hoo, first after BK once again!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 09:40:17 PM »

and i can second that...  :-)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Laura

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 09:49:41 PM »

We are getting some rain.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

ChasSmith

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:49 PM »

A relaxing evening here.  Watched the second half of HIGH TIME, then, following a brief intermission, JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL.

EXCELLENT TRAVEL VIBES for BK's return.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 01:41:46 AM »

~~~SAFE TRAVEL AND GOOD WEATHER VIBES FOR BK AND HIS RETURN TO L.A.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 01:53:33 AM »

This weekend, I recorded "Exodus" with Paul Newman for my dad.  I'm recording it from my DVR to my DVD burner.  Aside from it being so long, I'm really surprised at how may times the actors walk into the very obvious shadow of the camera.  What's that all about? :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 01:55:06 AM »

Did anyone really find Paul Newman believable as a Jew?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 02:03:36 AM by George »

George

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:29 AM »

Oh!  I was going to post Jane's 45000th post plateau, but Photobucket doesn't seem to be working.  I can't log in!  I keep getting the message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to login.photobucket.com.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

I got that message yesterday afternoon...not a good sign.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 03:01:48 AM »

Good morning, all! Yesterday, we began the first session with Annalene and Jim, our romantic couple. We started with their waltz, "Here's A Kiss," and then went back to "Here In My Arms" for a couple of more takes. We gave them a break and moved on to the Exit Music, then recorded therm in "Bye and Bye." We did a runthrough of the Overture, and broke for dinner. The second session, which began at 6:30, finished the Overture, we moved on to the Bows, and finished up with the Intermezzo between Act Two and the Epilogue. We finished about 9pm, struck, and joined the cast at the Whitefriar Grill for dinner. I had a wonderful cheese souffle and too much wine. We closed the restaurant and then we - our producers Joe and Jonathan, conductor David, Kim, Hal, Jim, Joe, and I - went back to the Hibernian Club bar and the party went on until 2am. Annalene was smart and left the restaurant around 10:30 since she and the beautiful baby Harry were off to London at 8:45 this morning.

So, I got to bed around 3am, and I woke around 8:15, so I could say goodbye to the. I then had breakfast with Kim, Hal, and Jim, and said goodbye to them at 10am. Now, I will pack and take a nap. After that, I have a meeting at 5pm with Joe, Jonathan and David - a postmortem - and then dinner with Joe and Jonathan and their ladies.

I think we've made a lovely recording and I cannot wait to hear the first edit.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 03:04:04 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Most Excellent Safe Travel Vibes & Xylophones to our BK! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DR ChasSmith, thanks for posting the photos.

DR JohnG, photos will be forthcoming. I want to get back to the States and my big computer to deal with that. There will be a lot of photos coming through.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 03:12:44 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 03:25:26 AM »

DR Danise, yesterday, I got a rock for you from St Stephens Green.

Danise

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 03:38:38 AM »

Good morning all!  Looks like I AM going to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving.  Will book my flight tonight, I just want to call the kennel first to see if they will take the dogs for the five days I will be gone.  If they will I will book my flight to leave at one on tuesday so I can drop the dogs off at the kennel before going to the airport.

Thank you DR Elmore for the rock!  It's my first Iriish rock.  I have one from England but it is (until now) my only foreign county rock.

My doctor said that I have cysts in both kidneys but that 9mm stone only shows up on one type of X-ray not the others so he is puzzled as to the "ghost stone" and wants to monitor it before doing anything.  As long as I feel well, he said not to worry about it but to see him right away if I have any pain or pass blood. Forty dollars, please.  Gezzz I could have told you that!

Travel vibes for our dear BK.

Enjoy your last day abroad, DR Elmore! 

Vibes to all who need or want them.

Have a wonder filled day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2012, 04:50:28 AM »

That's wonderful advice from your doctor, Danise.  Everybody should try to see a doctor  if they have any pain or pass blood.  That should be on a sampler.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »

And I have packed. Tomorrow morning, I pack up the meds and toiletries, but everythingelse is ready to go. I'm glad I checked the Aer Lingus printout: I thought I was flying an hour later than I actually am, so I need to be up earlier than I anticipated.

I think I saw my friend Bob Zubrycki in one of the session photos DR ChasSmith posted. I wish I could have bewen there. Lanny's work is so good.

FJL

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2012, 05:03:46 AM »

When you're in Pittsburgh, please try to have lunch with Ann Miner and become her close friend for a few years, so that she can a few years later turn on you and treat you like a cold piece of garbage.   :)

I was talking with a friend JIm last night about how every odd this is actually, that this happening in FRIENDSHIPS happens like - never.  Maybe once in a great while when a marriage fails.  Maybe when a business relationship fails.  But a friendship, of any sort - just about never, that two people are just friends, the friendship ends, and for whatever reason, instead of the friends just co-existing in the world where they run into each other all the time, one of them (all IMHO of course, though I think it's all documented in emails) actively, continually, viciously, maliciously, evilly, mistreats the other person WORSE than they would other people than they never knew as good friends. 

One wonders at the psychology of it - perhaps it was for those months that it bothered her that  this person who she decided wasn;t her friend any more was still at her chat board and wasn;t leaving - but it was a theater chat board that had hundreds of epople who weren't her "friends" - ever, and I'd been on the chat board before I'd been her friend - but it actually made me now wonder if the horrible, miserable, pathological, mistreatment (because it was sou outside human behavior for friends) was actually an attempt over that time to make it so unpleasant that I'd leave, but the fun was still outweighing the unpleasant ness with her, so i stayed until somehow she found a bizarre excuse to "ban" me, etc, etc, etc. Then the stuff with govt filings started and THEN -only then -  tangible unpleasantness towards her started form my side.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

Don't know if anyone read that, but it felt good to write it out publicly

Michael

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2012, 05:03:50 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2012, 05:04:39 AM »

Safe travels to BK
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2012, 05:11:15 AM »

ASK BK

Did you ever go see the Hollywood Palace while it was on the air?
Never stop dreaming.

Kerry

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2012, 05:35:45 AM »

Good morning.  It is at least Wednesday. And we got rain!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2012, 05:36:00 AM »

Mega vibes to all!
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:23 AM »

I think I saw my friend Bob Zubrycki in one of the session photos DR ChasSmith posted. I wish I could have bewen there. Lanny's work is so good.

Which one is he?  There might be other shots of him on the cutting room floor.  (This phone camera was barely up to dealing with the lighting levels, etc.)

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2012, 05:45:44 AM »

That sounds like the most amazing week, DR Elmore.

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2012, 05:55:49 AM »

I am off to the dentist in a couple of hours, for a replacement crown.  When I was in for my checkup last month they saw that something had happened to one of the two crowns she'd put in a year ago -- nothing I can detect, but there's a break in it, or "something" that should not have happened.  She's replacing it free of charge.

These are the "same day" crowns.  She prepares the tooth, then I go away for a few hours while the machine makes it.  How in the hell they safely remove the old one is a mystery, since the bonding is supposed to be so good.  I'll be finding out soon enough. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:12 AM »

I'm up.  I got a little more sleep, although I woke up about six times during the night.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2012, 06:00:24 AM »

Which one is he?  There might be other shots of him on the cutting room floor.  (This phone camera was barely up to dealing with the lighting levels, etc.)

The principal violinist. He's wonderful!

DR ChasSmith, it was the most fantastic 10 days! I think our EILEEN recording is pretty good, but I think DEAREST ENEMY will be even better. Those HHW vibes kept things going well: we managed to record Stephen Rea, just as I was sure his illness would keep him away, we had a fantastic, enthusiastic cast of whom I cannot say enough, we turned 20 classical chorus singers  into a rather rowdy Broadway chorus, and we have a fine 33-piece orchestra led by a wonderful musical director. I can't wait to hear the first edit!

I've been out to buy my brother Randy and Jo some silly irish souvenirs, and I thnk I will continue reading HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY. If I nap, I nap.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2012, 06:34:30 AM »

Good morning, all.

Vibes for Danise and kidneys.

Glad to see a glimpse of a sense of humor there, FJL, about the ATC fiasco.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:07 AM »

I forgot my cell phone today. After having lived 48 years without one, let's see if I can last a day now without one.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up