Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES  (Read 11264 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: LOS ANGELES, LOS ANGELES
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2012, 04:02:41 PM »

When you're in Pittsburgh, please try to have lunch with Ann Miner and become her close friend for a few years, so that she can a few years later turn on you and treat you like a cold piece of garbage.   :)

I was talking with a friend JIm last night about how every odd this is actually, that this happening in FRIENDSHIPS happens like - never.  Maybe once in a great while when a marriage fails.  Maybe when a business relationship fails.  But a friendship, of any sort - just about never, that two people are just friends, the friendship ends, and for whatever reason, instead of the friends just co-existing in the world where they run into each other all the time, one of them (all IMHO of course, though I think it's all documented in emails) actively, continually, viciously, maliciously, evilly, mistreats the other person WORSE than they would other people than they never knew as good friends. 

One wonders at the psychology of it - perhaps it was for those months that it bothered her that  this person who she decided wasn;t her friend any more was still at her chat board and wasn;t leaving - but it was a theater chat board that had hundreds of epople who weren't her "friends" - ever, and I'd been on the chat board before I'd been her friend - but it actually made me now wonder if the horrible, miserable, pathological, mistreatment (because it was sou outside human behavior for friends) was actually an attempt over that time to make it so unpleasant that I'd leave, but the fun was still outweighing the unpleasant ness with her, so i stayed until somehow she found a bizarre excuse to "ban" me, etc, etc, etc. Then the stuff with govt filings started and THEN -only then -  tangible unpleasantness towards her started form my side.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

Don't know if anyone read that, but it felt good to write it out publicly

WOW!  I'm sorry you have to deal with all that nastiness. 

Jane

« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »

Last night DR Cillaliz asked me about my heart attack warning signs.  Well, in the spring and early summer of 2010 I was treated for bursitis in my left shoulder.  On the day of my attack, I had what I thought was indigestion and a knot in the hollow at the base of my throat.  Funny, after the blocked artery was stented and the dissection healed, my "bursitis" went away...

After reading the symptoms today this makes sense.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/deadly-disease-most-women-ignore

Jane

« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2012, 04:08:13 PM »

Congrats to Jane on her milestone. Forgot to past that last night.

It appears Doug R has reached one, too.

Thank you & congrats to DR Doug.

Jane

« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2012, 04:09:17 PM »

Congratulations to DR Jane and Doug for milestones!

From me, too

I thank you both.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »

Jane

« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »

Oh!  I was going to post Jane's 45000th post plateau, but Photobucket doesn't seem to be working.  I can't log in!  I keep getting the message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to login.photobucket.com.

Cannot communicate securely with peer: no common encryption algorithm(s).

(Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap)

I got that message yesterday afternoon...not a good sign.

It's finally fixed!  Here's Jane's 45000th!!

Thank you for posting this though I think I talk too much.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2012, 04:12:31 PM »

Congrats to Doug and Jane on their new plateaus...

Thanks.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2012, 04:13:53 PM »

Saw this on my twitter feed...  Denzel Washington died in a skiing accident   sTill checking on the details

http://denzel.washington.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

According to this it's a hoax

Denzel Not Dead

While I'm not pleased at all about the hoax, I'm very pleased he is alive and well.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »

Saw this on my twitter feed...  Denzel Washington died in a skiing accident   sTill checking on the details

http://denzel.washington.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

Is there snow somewhere for skiing?

LOL.  That also caught my attention, especially since a location wasn't mentioned.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2012, 04:18:11 PM »

Anyhoo -

Back permanently for a while from my travels abroad and otherwise.  Happy to be back at home with the DP, who of course is working, and the DD's.  Back to Legally Blonde which opens in close to 2 weeks.

Trip to Orlando was lots of fun.  Went to a Disney Water Park - Typhoon Lagoon - which was a lot of fun. 

Kinda tired today as yesterday was long. 

I'm glad you had a good time.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2012, 04:19:07 PM »

Can't recommend this video highly enough:

Elizabeth Banks' "Just a Little Heart Attack"

It took awhile to load but worth watching.  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »

I am back from dinner with David Brophy, Jonathan Ford and his beautiful lady friend Órfhlaith. We went to a wonderful Italian place. I had cod with green beans and a fantastic  peach mascarpone. The meal was delicious and the company sublime.

I am all packed and set to go in seven hours, and this will be my last post until I get home. Please keep those travel vibes coming!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2012, 04:45:02 PM »

Travel vibes for DR elmore!

KevinH

« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

Congrats to DRs Jane and Doug R on their milestones!

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2012, 04:54:25 PM »

Vibes for a safe and happy trip home, DR Elmore!

MBarnum

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2012, 04:55:07 PM »

You know, it is just still to darned expensive for me to fly to Mumbai. That is all.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2012, 05:03:21 PM »

I am back from dinner with David Brophy, Jonathan Ford and his beautiful lady friend Órfhlaith. We went to a wonderful Italian place. I had cod with green beans and a fantastic  peach mascarpone. The meal was delicious and the company sublime.

I am all packed and set to go in seven hours, and this will be my last post until I get home. Please keep those travel vibes coming!

~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2012, 05:42:53 PM »

I recently listened to the Encore's CD of Merrily We Roll Along and was not impressed.  Mostly by the performances.  I longed to go back and listen to the original.  Anyone else have an opinion of this?

Jane

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2012, 05:51:33 PM »

SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2012, 05:51:47 PM »

Thanks.

Danise

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2012, 05:51:56 PM »

Evening all!  We have had buckets of rain the past few days.  And now we have TS Isaac that may or may not hit Florida.  If he gets me out of going to work, I welcome him.

Glad the vibes help with our very own BK's travel and hopefully DR Elmores as well.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2012, 05:52:19 PM »

You know, it is just still to darned expensive for me to fly to Mumbai. That is all.

Sorry.

Danise

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2012, 05:54:45 PM »

When you're in Pittsburgh, please try to have lunch with Ann Miner and become her close friend for a few years, so that she can a few years later turn on you and treat you like a cold piece of garbage.   :)

I was talking with a friend JIm last night about how every odd this is actually, that this happening in FRIENDSHIPS happens like - never.  Maybe once in a great while when a marriage fails.  Maybe when a business relationship fails.  But a friendship, of any sort - just about never, that two people are just friends, the friendship ends, and for whatever reason, instead of the friends just co-existing in the world where they run into each other all the time, one of them (all IMHO of course, though I think it's all documented in emails) actively, continually, viciously, maliciously, evilly, mistreats the other person WORSE than they would other people than they never knew as good friends. 

One wonders at the psychology of it - perhaps it was for those months that it bothered her that  this person who she decided wasn;t her friend any more was still at her chat board and wasn;t leaving - but it was a theater chat board that had hundreds of epople who weren't her "friends" - ever, and I'd been on the chat board before I'd been her friend - but it actually made me now wonder if the horrible, miserable, pathological, mistreatment (because it was sou outside human behavior for friends) was actually an attempt over that time to make it so unpleasant that I'd leave, but the fun was still outweighing the unpleasant ness with her, so i stayed until somehow she found a bizarre excuse to "ban" me, etc, etc, etc. Then the stuff with govt filings started and THEN -only then -  tangible unpleasantness towards her started form my side.

Thanks for letting me get this out.

Don't know if anyone read that, but it felt good to write it out publicly

WOW!  I'm sorry you have to deal with all that nastiness. 
  I am also sorry you have to deal with this.  Nothing hurts like friends who turn on you.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2012, 05:56:47 PM »

If I ever win the #@!$% lotto, I will buy you a ticket.  Don't hold your breath waiting.  I'm at 24 years and waiting for the same set of numbers.  If I wasn't so scared my numbers would come up the moment I stopped playing them, I would.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2012, 05:58:07 PM »

Booked my flight for Pittsburgh and the dogs kennel.  Just trying to decide if I want to drive myself to/from the airport since I will be leaving in the day and coming home in the day unlike most times.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2012, 05:58:48 PM »

Thanks.
Yes, Congrats!!!!!   I am so far behind you all.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #146 on: August 22, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »

I recently listened to the Encore's CD of Merrily We Roll Along and was not impressed.  Mostly by the performances.  I longed to go back and listen to the original.  Anyone else have an opinion of this?
Thank you. All I've heard is praise for the new orchestrations, but that doesn't sound like enough to get me to buy it. Yet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #147 on: August 22, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »

Tonight's Restaurant Week dinner: lobster ravioli in a cream sauce, beef carpaccio, cioppino (sadly with undercooked potatoes), and something called pastel impossible for dessert that was really special.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #148 on: August 22, 2012, 06:16:54 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Elmore!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2012, 06:21:26 PM »

I'm home - even though we got in a little early it seemed like the longest flight ever - about five and a half hours - I'm okay for the just over four hours trip going East, but I was really getting antsy.  I've already been to the mail place and also had a Subway spicy Eyetalian sandwich just now.  I'm listening to an upcoming Kritzerland project - not sure if it's going to be too problematic or not and it's very short at thirty-one minutes, but that's every note of the score.  We shall see.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up