Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS  (Read 9930 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2012, 08:48:36 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2012, 09:33:19 AM »

We know more about the shooting: a former employee of a store near the Empire State Building at 33rd Street waited to shoot the manager. After he shot his victim, all hell broke loose. Some of the victims may have been wounded by police in the return fire.

There was a series of harrassment complaints from both victim and shooter, and this was a battle going on for about a year.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 09:38:57 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2012, 09:45:37 AM »

I guess everybody loves Lucy. At least it's not Debra Messing (it's Sofia Vergara). I wouldn't want Dear JR to spit up on his keyboard while viewing

I saw this.  The photo gives me shivers.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2012, 09:48:22 AM »

We know more about the shooting: a former employee of a store near the Empire State Building at 33rd Street waited to shoot the manager. After he shot his victim, all hell broke loose. Some of the victims may have been wounded by police in the return fire.

There was a series of harrassment complaints from both victim and shooter, and this was a battle going on for about a year.

:(

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2012, 10:10:11 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  As easy as it was to fall asleep on my first night back, last night took forever - almost two hours.  I still got eight hours, though.

FJL

« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »

Thanks, Matthew and John G.

FJL

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2012, 10:34:45 AM »

I got a really nasty tweet (and follow-up) from Steohen Farrow, which makes me wonder if people must think the finger-on-the-golden-delete--button Ann Miner is Mother Superior crossed with Cinderella's fairy godmother Theresa. 

Who the hell is this brilliant but cuttingly caustic Mr. Farrow?  He seems like he has a real mean streak, but his tweets and feeds are very entertaining (when not directed at those I love)!  I'd love to get to have a normal conversation with him someday, he must be a bitchy joy if he's not hating you at that particular moment. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2012, 10:47:06 AM »

I got a really nasty tweet (and follow-up) from Steohen Farrow, which makes me wonder if people must think the finger-on-the-golden-delete--button Ann Miner is Mother Superior crossed with Cinderella's fairy godmother Theresa. 

Who the hell is this brilliant but cuttingly caustic Mr. Farrow?  He seems like he has a real mean streak, but his tweets and feeds are very entertaining (when not directed at those I love)!  I'd love to get to have a normal conversation with him someday, he must be a bitchy joy if he's not hating you at that particular moment. 

A pompous ass who thinks that he is superior to one and all.  I beleve he has some remote connection with education, to paraphrase Oscar Wilde. To me, he is living proof that those who can't, teach.

I once pulled a stupid and careless thing in my first days on a computer, passing his rude private email to me on to the entire Cast Recording List. The more I tried to apologize, the uglier he became and, as I became more defensive, I behaved as badly as he.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 11:33:33 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

FJL - normally, my reaction to all this would be to take a step back, breathe, and move on.  But one someone attacks one's character, it's ON!  Hang in there!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2012, 11:01:16 AM »

FJL - normally, my reaction to all this would be to take a step back, breathe, and move on.  But one someone attacks one's character, it's ON!  Hang in there!

That was sort of my advice the other day. DR FJL, I'm sorry this is getting worse.

FJL

« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2012, 11:08:35 AM »

I'm very confused as to what is being said. 

Who attacked whose character first and when?

John G.

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2012, 11:29:06 AM »

I want to go home and read. But that won't happen tonight.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2012, 12:14:58 PM »

I believe Aine took this photo of Stephen Rea recording the Finale from the chorus loft. He's on the left in black, next to Karl Harpur in orange.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2012, 12:22:21 PM »

I just used the Photobucket account for the first time to post the Lucy picture. It's easy and it seems to work!

Thanks for the instructions George.

You're welcome, Ben! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2012, 12:26:35 PM »

I just had great news: Karl Harpur's work visa finally came through and he and his girlfriend will soon relocate to Los Angeles to try for an acting career. His cousin Colin Egglesfield is doing very well there. It couldn't happen to a nicer person and I am thrlled for him and wish hm a huge success.

Congrats to Karl!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »

Sony is looking at turning "Tootsie" into a musical. Yawn.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2012, 12:59:24 PM »

Why not "Mrs Doubtfire"? Actually, it might be charming, if they did something like ONCE with the screenplay and didn't faithfully follow the film. Is Larry Gelbart still alive?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2012, 01:11:49 PM »

Good Afternoon!

So far, so good. I guess.

It took about a good hour for my fingers and brain to warm up this morning - I actually think I had too much coffee this morning - but the dance rehearsals have been going well.

It's been a very leisurely paced day. In fact, since getting back from lunch, I've only played for about 20 minutes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2012, 01:13:56 PM »

Again?

*I'm really(?) curious(?) about the upcoming musical version of "Grumpy Old Men". I think(?).
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2012, 01:16:59 PM »

Why not "Mrs Doubtfire"? Actually, it might be charming, if they did something like ONCE with the screenplay and didn't faithfully follow the film. Is Larry Gelbart still alive?

I just checked his IMDb listing, under "In Development" at the top, is "1. City of Angels (details only on IMDbPro)."

Has this been mentioned before??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2012, 01:19:55 PM »

Oh...

I guess I'm now playing for a run-thru of the show... Sort of... With no conductor/musical director in the room... Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2012, 01:20:08 PM »

TOOTSIE's not written yet, but the parody lyric's done, if anyone has a minute for the NY Times comment box.

[just no "Ughs" - that means your staff especially, Jeffrey, you don't want anyone annoying Mr. L again, he's so protective of the people in his department]

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/sony-pictures-the-latest-studio-to-make-broadway-push/

FJL

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »

Again?

*I'm really(?) curious(?) about the upcoming musical version of "Grumpy Old Men". I think(?).

Isn't that one by the wonderful Neil Berg?

John G.

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2012, 01:29:24 PM »

I would welcome a movie version of "City of Angels." I think "Tootsie" is perfect on its own, and both Jessica Lange and Teri Garr are so wonderful. I guess I don't see the need for a stage treatment, as a musical or a play.

"Grumpy Old Men," however, has possibilities. And I like the cast I've read about so far. 
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2012, 01:35:49 PM »

VIBES FOR DR FJL!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2012, 01:53:25 PM »

I don't know if my IRS-Social Security mess is cleared up or not, and I will know nothing until I see my accountant next week, but I did get in today's mail a form from Social Security about a password for their website. I hope it bodes good. Of course, if Romney wins, I'm moving to Dublin since he and Ryan want to abolish all the governmental services they took advantage of.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »

I also got a statement from my HMO about thw anesthetist's fee for my colonoscopy, of which my HMO paid $142 of a $3400 bill on the grounds that he's not an approved physician. Curious, since he works in my HMO office where the colonoscopy was perforned, and I have no idea if I will get a bill for $3258 or not. I hate this stupid crap.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »

no bill vibes for Elmore
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »

no bill vibes for Elmore
Indeed. Many doses of bill vibes.
― Voltaire

Michael

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »

Unfortunatley not. He died three years ago
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up