Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND SESSION  (Read 11218 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE SECOND SESSION
« on: August 25, 2012, 11:04:20 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were once again vocal, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're on their way to the MOOart Theater to see a pre-show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE SECOND SESSION
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 11:05:08 PM »

And the word of the day is: SEDULOUS!

DR Iris

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 11:46:55 PM »

Happy Birthday to JRand and to Jose!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 01:11:14 AM »

Had fun at the Nuart - not really my thing, but the kids who did Honey What'cha Doin' Tonight were cute and they showed the trailer, so that was fun.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 01:13:26 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, boy, have the celebrations begun! <hiccup>
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:12 AM »

Thank You, bk, for the Birthday Wishes!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:36 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIRTHDAY TWIN, DR JRAND!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2012, 01:14:57 AM »

Happy Birthday to JRand and to Jose!

Thank You, DR Dear Lurker Iris!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2012, 01:27:52 AM »

In short....

Dinner with my friend, Jeff, was great. We went to Jones Wood Foundry which is an English/Scottish pub. Great food, great conversation.

Then it was over to Brandy's... My friends Eric and Matt joined me. My friend, Lauren, was on the floor tonight, and a new (well, at least new to me) pianist, Matt Nakoa, was on the keys. -Matt was/is incredible!!!! Right at the stroke of midnight, Lauren got everyone in the bar to sing "Happy Birthday" to me, and then dedicated one of her "signature tunes" to me: "Total Eclipse of the Heart"! Fabulous!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2012, 01:29:39 AM »

*Lauren was the "Donna" when I was the Mamma Mia! second national tour. As it turns out, that Company played it's final performance tonight after nine(!) years on the road.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 01:33:03 AM »

And since I planned to be at City Bakery at 10:00am - a.k.a. in five and a half hours....

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 02:39:07 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Jose!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 02:39:22 AM »

...AND...

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2012, 02:39:29 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR JRand!!! ;D

George

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2012, 02:41:06 AM »

Well, last night, Theater Artists Olympia had our fund raiser, "Get a Heart On For TAO" and I think that it was a success.  I absolutely bought too much sodas and I think whoever bought the alcohol also bought too much.  I'm sure that I can return the unopened sodas, so that's not too bad.  I don't know about the booze.

George

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2012, 02:43:12 AM »

As far as the raffle baskets go, my friend Shelly won the barbecue basket that my sister and I put together!  AND Shelly actually won two, count 'em TWO baskets!  AND my friend Margo won a prize (a hair cut, not a basket) AND I won a basket!!  Who knew that between myself and two friends, that we'd win four prizes!  SCORE!! :D

George

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2012, 02:45:50 AM »

Sometime soon, I hope that the board gets together for a post-mortem to figure out if we ended up spending too much versus how much we actually made and all that.  I think that it's important for any future events like this.

George

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2012, 02:49:54 AM »

I spent most of my time in the bar serving drinks.  Nick and I were the main servers/bartenders and another guy, Bobby, worked with us for the first couple of hours.  Nick and I each made $17 in tips!  I don't remember how much Bobby got.  Since he only worked the two hours, we split three ways what we had when he was done and then at the end of the evening, Nick and I split what we made from that point on.

George

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:53 AM »

And now, I'm home and finally dry...it was quite warm and EVERYONE was a bit sweaty. ::)

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2012, 02:59:17 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Up very early to go to Lima...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 02:59:19 AM »

I'm now ketchuping on all of yesterday's posts.

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2012, 02:59:58 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR JRand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2012, 03:00:31 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Jose!

George

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2012, 03:05:09 AM »

From yesterday:

My condolences to DR Jed and his family on the loss of his grandfather. :(

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2012, 03:09:45 AM »

*Lauren was the "Donna" when I was the Mamma Mia! second national tour. As it turns out, that Company played it's final performance tonight after nine(!) years on the road.

That's who we saw in Indianapolis with DRs JRand and Joey!  She was fabulous!

George

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2012, 03:10:05 AM »

I forgot to specifically mention that everyone who came to our fundraiser loved it!  There was good food, good drinks, great entertainment (they LOVED the strippers ;)) and all of that certainly made for a wonderful evening.

Ginny

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2012, 03:11:04 AM »

DR George, congratulations on your basket win - what's the theme?

George

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2012, 03:14:16 AM »

DR George, congratulations on your basket win - what's the theme?

I just stuck raffle tickets in random envelopes and my basket was coffee...it's filled with K-cups for a specific coffee-maker-machine that I don't have ::) but it also has a very nice coffee mug and is supposed to have some chocolate in it.  I haven't opened it to even look at what all is in it.  I will later today.  As for the cups, I was told that they can be opened up and put in a regular drip coffee maker, which both my sister and parents have.  They can split the coffees and I'll keep the mug and the chocolate. :D

George

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2012, 03:26:00 AM »

And now, I'm going to bed and won't get out of bed until I'm damned good and ready!

Good night, all! 8)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2012, 03:34:43 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept until 6 am this morning. Perhaps by tomorrow I can sleep until 6:30 and be back on schedule?

Last night I got a phone message from my friend Joe in Dublin. He called around 9, which would be 2 am in Ireland. My suspicion is that he was driving back from a gig and wanted to talk while he was driving alone. I missed the message but I sent him an emal as soon as I heard it. No answer yet, and I suspect he's still sleeping. He had a busy week last week: he and his lady friend Joellen are in house construction woes, his mother had a hip replacement, and he had to deal with me and the recording. Joe's asked me to visit for Christmas and I am tempted. He swears that he and Joellen are coming to New York in November, but he said the same thing last yeat and they never arrived.

I got a lovely email this morning from my close personal friend Stephen Rea, which made my morning. I may watch him in TROJAN EDDIE today.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up