Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BERSERK  (Read 13505 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: BERSERK
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2012, 11:55:03 AM »

DR JOSE your photo album of the Arts Jam was very nice.

Thank You, DR JRand. I'm kind of surprised at how well they came out considering the lighting conditions were not actually ideal. However, those two lamps on stage and the track lighting seemed to work well for the Instagram filter I used. *In fact, one of the singers sent me an email this morning asking if she could use them on her website and in her publicity packet. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:35 AM »

GHOST OF FLIGHT 401 is a good one.

For the most part I left out military/war titles, but there are some great ones.  Also things like THE HINDENBURG.  Of course MAGNIFICENT MEN isn't an airliner movie, which is what I'd want to concentrate on here, but I couldn't leave that one off.

Also very fond of things like CATCH ME IF YOU CAN, THE TERMINAL, and the short-lived PAN AM series.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »

!!!PAGE THREE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:55 AM »

Thanks for the vibes. The application has been filed.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »

Job  vibes for DR JOHN G.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 12:02:23 PM »

In other news...

It's a gorgeous day here in New York City. I had planned on riding my bike today, but the weather prompted me to really ride my bike today. So, after my breakfast this morning down at City Bakery, I biked on over to Hudson River Park, then took the bike path down to Battery Park. I then turned around at Battery Park and rode all the way up to 96th. After a little bit of a breather there, I biked over to the Whole Foods at 97th & Columbus for lunch, then back over to the East Side via Central Park.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 12:02:50 PM »

...And I guess I should be doing some stretching now soon.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 12:03:10 PM »

~~~~~JOB VIBES FOR DR JOHNG~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 12:06:43 PM »

Nice new avatar, DR DougR!

Glad you like it!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »

Right before I went to bed last night, I got an email from my friend, Jennifer. She's the one who runs operamission and presented the #artsongjam. When she was leaving her studio last night, she noticed that there was a Medical Examiner's ambulance outside her building, and that there was medical equipment and personnel on the floor where her (/mine) studio is. She figured that one of the residents on the building had passed - there are a lot of elderly tenants, and, alas, ambulances are a common sight at her building.

Tragically, it turned out that one of the other voice teachers, Marianne Challis, had passed in her studio. Some of her students had shown up for lessons, but weren't getting an answer when they knocked on her door. One of them knew Marianne's daughter, so they called her to see if she knew where her mother was. She didn't. So she came over to check to see if something had happened since she had a key to the studio. Sadly, when she stepped in the studio, she found her mother had died. -And, apparently, it happened sometime yesterday afternoon.

A dear friend of mine was a student of Marianne's, and I've played for a few of his lessons. Marianne also had a cabaret act, and she performed at The Metropolitan Room and Feinstein's.

We're all hoping that she died of natural causes, and that no foul play was involved.

R.I.P. Marianne Challis
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 12:18:19 PM »

TOD:

EXECUTIVE DECISION
NO HIGHWAY IN THE SKY
THE LANGOLIERS

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »

It is time to leave Toyland and head for Rodgers & Hammerstein, a block away.

I'm sorry, elmore, but they are both dead!

I see dead people!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »

They have posted the position that I am currently working as a contractor. I will be applying, probably later this afternoon, and would appreciate those job vibes and prayers HHW is so well known for.

Vibes, vibes, vibes, DR John G!  I have been, several times, an applicant/candidate for the job I was already doing and it's very stressful.  Hope the process goes smoothly for you and turns out the way you want.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: August 30, 2012, 12:40:45 PM »

They have posted the position that I am currently working as a contractor. I will be applying, probably later this afternoon, and would appreciate those job vibes and prayers HHW is so well known for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mrga Super Vibes for John G! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

DR JOSE that is a tragic story.....oh my!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: August 30, 2012, 12:55:16 PM »

And.... I really should get to stretching.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: August 30, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »

Right before I went to bed last night, I got an email from my friend, Jennifer. She's the one who runs operamission and presented the #artsongjam. When she was leaving her studio last night, she noticed that there was a Medical Examiner's ambulance outside her building, and that there was medical equipment and personnel on the floor where her (/mine) studio is. She figured that one of the residents on the building had passed - there are a lot of elderly tenants, and, alas, ambulances are a common sight at her building.

Tragically, it turned out that one of the other voice teachers, Marianne Challis, had passed in her studio. Some of her students had shown up for lessons, but weren't getting an answer when they knocked on her door. One of them knew Marianne's daughter, so they called her to see if she knew where her mother was. She didn't. So she came over to check to see if something had happened since she had a key to the studio. Sadly, when she stepped in the studio, she found her mother had died. -And, apparently, it happened sometime yesterday afternoon.

A dear friend of mine was a student of Marianne's, and I've played for a few of his lessons. Marianne also had a cabaret act, and she performed at The Metropolitan Room and Feinstein's.

We're all hoping that she died of natural causes, and that no foul play was involved.

R.I.P. Marianne Challis

I'm so sorry to read this, DR Jose!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #79 on: August 30, 2012, 01:01:53 PM »

Getting ready to go to a REHEARSAL OF THE WHOLE SHOW!!!

Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

Ginny

« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2012, 01:13:08 PM »

Back from a frustrating shopping trip with Mom.  This wasn't a grocery day, but she wanted to shop for clothes.  She's lost a lot of weight and her arthritis and osteoporosis have misshapen her, so pants are impossible to fit.  She got very tired after trying on several pairs, so we just went to lunch and I took her home.

It's all a bit depressing...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #81 on: August 30, 2012, 01:22:51 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: August 30, 2012, 01:24:11 PM »

Vibes of strength for DR Ginny and her mom.

Sympathies to Jose.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: August 30, 2012, 01:25:35 PM »

Well, my writing partner, Bonnie, has discovered that we have sold 700 copies of the books in the three weeks that it's been out. But we don't know what that means. Is it good? Is it bad? I wish the woman at the publishing company had placed it in some sort of context.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #84 on: August 30, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Today's a shopping-with-Mom day, so I'll be away a good bit.  For your entertainment, here's something fun:

What book was selling well when YOU were born?

This is the fiction list.  There's also a link to the nonfiction list.

Interesting.  I've not even heard of my book, The Big Fisherman by Lloyd C. Douglas.  Initially I looked at the book which is exactly 1 month before my birthday & decided to add it to my "to read" list.  I must have seen the movie version by the same name, The Young Lions but I don't remember anything about it.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: August 30, 2012, 01:33:56 PM »

And DR JANE I am loving the photos of your renovation!!!   It's already lovely....and it will be even more so....VERY SOON.

Watch that first step!

Thank you very much.

:)

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 30, 2012, 01:35:26 PM »

Jane

« Reply #87 on: August 30, 2012, 01:37:12 PM »

MEGA, MEGA JOB VIBES!!!!!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »

R.I.P. Marianne Challis

This is sad. 

Jane

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »

Back from a frustrating shopping trip with Mom.  This wasn't a grocery day, but she wanted to shop for clothes.  She's lost a lot of weight and her arthritis and osteoporosis have misshapen her, so pants are impossible to fit.  She got very tired after trying on several pairs, so we just went to lunch and I took her home.

It's all a bit depressing...

I'm sorry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up