Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BERSERK  (Read 13560 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BERSERK
« Reply #90 on: August 30, 2012, 01:40:11 PM »

Well, my writing partner, Bonnie, has discovered that we have sold 700 copies of the books in the three weeks that it's been out. But we don't know what that means. Is it good? Is it bad? I wish the woman at the publishing company had placed it in some sort of context.

Good or not so good, congratulations on selling 700 copies.

Jane

« Reply #91 on: August 30, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »

From Bruce:
No problems since deleting the caches folder and taking Dropbox off the desktop.

:)

Jane

« Reply #92 on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:04 PM »

I am way beyond tired.  I'm going to see if I can take a short nap.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: August 30, 2012, 01:42:48 PM »

Well, my writing partner, Bonnie, has discovered that we have sold 700 copies of the books in the three weeks that it's been out. But we don't know what that means. Is it good? Is it bad? I wish the woman at the publishing company had placed it in some sort of context.

Good or not so good, congratulations on selling 700 copies.
Thank you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: August 30, 2012, 02:20:22 PM »

Thanks, DRs John G and Jane.  Sorry to be such a complainer the past couple of days.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #95 on: August 30, 2012, 02:41:20 PM »

Job vibes to John G.

Hoping 700 copies is good news.  Fingers crossed that it is.

FJL

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2012, 02:42:53 PM »

Jose, Skip was telling me about that earlier.  Such terrible news.

FJL

« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »

Vibes of strength for DR Ginny and her mom.

From me, too, Ginny.

FJL

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2012, 02:44:50 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:03 PM »

Selling 700 copies seems to be a good thing! Congrats!

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2012, 02:53:44 PM »

I am feeling terribly blah and un-energetic today. I really wish it were Friday.

ChasSmith

« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2012, 02:54:34 PM »

VIBES all around!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2012, 02:54:39 PM »

Man am I tired.  Tired am I man.  Am I man tired.  Helper came over, we did our Costco run, had some lunch, Nick Redman came over, picked up one package, and now I'm home and have a couple of hours until it's time to have the one-hour work session.

ChasSmith

« Reply #103 on: August 30, 2012, 02:54:54 PM »

THE LANGOLIERS -- good one, DR Ginny.

Jane

« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2012, 03:18:26 PM »

Thanks, DRs John G and Jane.  Sorry to be such a complainer the past couple of days.

Anytime.  Yesterday was just venting, not complaining.  Today with your mother, that has to hurt. :(

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2012, 03:30:16 PM »

With me around, you've got nothing to worry about!

Middletown, OH made the CBS news at 6:00 tonight!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2012, 03:32:43 PM »

I pre-ordered mine the day you mentioned it, so I've done my bit. Is anyone advertising it in San Antonio?  Will there be a book signing? Perhaps you and your co-author should hire a PR person?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2012, 04:04:17 PM »

DR Ginny, if you can't vent here, where can you vent!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

Right before I went to bed last night, I got an email from my friend, Jennifer. She's the one who runs operamission and presented the #artsongjam. When she was leaving her studio last night, she noticed that there was a Medical Examiner's ambulance outside her building, and that there was medical equipment and personnel on the floor where her (/mine) studio is. She figured that one of the residents on the building had passed - there are a lot of elderly tenants, and, alas, ambulances are a common sight at her building.

Tragically, it turned out that one of the other voice teachers, Marianne Challis, had passed in her studio. Some of her students had shown up for lessons, but weren't getting an answer when they knocked on her door. One of them knew Marianne's daughter, so they called her to see if she knew where her mother was. She didn't. So she came over to check to see if something had happened since she had a key to the studio. Sadly, when she stepped in the studio, she found her mother had died. -And, apparently, it happened sometime yesterday afternoon.

A dear friend of mine was a student of Marianne's, and I've played for a few of his lessons. Marianne also had a cabaret act, and she performed at The Metropolitan Room and Feinstein's.

We're all hoping that she died of natural causes, and that no foul play was involved.

R.I.P. Marianne Challis

That's terrible!  My condolences to Marianne's family.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2012, 04:07:31 PM »

Back from a frustrating shopping trip with Mom.  This wasn't a grocery day, but she wanted to shop for clothes.  She's lost a lot of weight and her arthritis and osteoporosis have misshapen her, so pants are impossible to fit.  She got very tired after trying on several pairs, so we just went to lunch and I took her home.

It's all a bit depressing...

~~~Vibes of All Kinds!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2012, 04:10:16 PM »

A Very Happy Birthday to former DR Hisaka!! ;D

George

« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2012, 04:10:36 PM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Today's a shopping-with-Mom day, so I'll be away a good bit.  For your entertainment, here's something fun:

What book was selling well when YOU were born?

This is the fiction list.  There's also a link to the nonfiction list.

Fiction:  Valley of the Dolls by Jacqueline Susann (Geis) - May 8, 1966
Non-fiction:  The Last Battle by Ryan Cornelius (Simon & Schuster) - May 8, 1966

Just three days after I was born! :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2012, 04:12:29 PM »

Exhausted.  This work session, which is just basically a listening session for me, cannot come and go fast enough.  Then it's the couch for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:07 PM »

Rain?

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2012, 04:16:15 PM »

Vibes of strength for DR Ginny and her mom.

From me, too, Ginny.

Thanks, DR FJL.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:02 PM »

Let's see if this "rain" actually lasts more than three minutes.  But it's a pleasure to see - however, one can already see the sun still trying to shine forth.  Just let's have rain all night.

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »

THE LANGOLIERS -- good one, DR Ginny.

I thought our group would have fun with those lists, DR ChasSmith!

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2012, 04:19:15 PM »

Anytime.  Yesterday was just venting, not complaining.  Today with your mother, that has to hurt. :(

She's always been one of the most positive, upbeat people I've ever known - sometimes annoyingly so.  It's really a downer to see her become so negative and withdrawn.

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2012, 04:19:56 PM »

With me around, you've got nothing to worry about!

Middletown, OH made the CBS news at 6:00 tonight!

DR Elmore, why was Middletown on the news?

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2012, 04:20:22 PM »

Thanks, DR George.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up