Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SEPTEMBER SONG  (Read 11054 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: SEPTEMBER SONG
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2012, 07:43:35 AM »

About 60 office chairs were delivered to one of my neighbours early this morning. It's a smallish house so I have no idea what they want with all those chairs. I know they haven't got a room big enough to put them all in.

Perhaps it's a college prank.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »

!! 2 !!    !! 2 !!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2012, 08:11:44 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I've already taken a nice walk over to 1st Avenue.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2012, 08:13:15 AM »

...And whilst I was over on 1st Avenue:

-A Whole Wheat Everything Bagel with Olive Cream Cheese from The Bagel Mill.
-A Sticky Bun, a slice of Blueberry Crumb Cake and Coconut-Chocolate-Chip Danish from Glaser's.
-A Grande Willow Road (Blonde Roast) from Starbucks.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »

...And a load of laundry is in the dryer, and I finally figured out how to tune the radio system here to NPR just in time for "Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me".

In other words... It's been a good Saturday morning so far.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2012, 08:16:18 AM »

Oh!

And I've even answered emails concerning the two days of Tokyo Disney auditions I'll be playing next week, some vocal assignments for My Fair Lady, and an adjust to my hotel reservation in Atlanta next weekend.

Whew!

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 08:27:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEMULCENT!

I believe DR Ron Pulliam is familiar with those.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »

DR Ben - Have a great time out on the Isle of Long!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2012, 08:29:32 AM »

Here is Reverend Lionel Toop - Vicar at Merton-Cum-Middlewick.

You watch your phraseology!
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2012, 08:34:08 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEMULCENT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  A SPOONFUL OF SUGAR

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:29 AM »

Greetings from Washington National Airport.  I'm "shuffling" off to Buffalo this morning. 

~~~~~SAFE SHUFFLING VIBES TO DR KEVINH~~~~~

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »

And as the clock is about to strike Noon, it's time for me to fold some laundry and tidy up a bit. And then I think I'll take a spin around the Park.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2012, 09:32:48 AM »

Annoyingly my stand alone scanner seems to have stopped recognising documents. Until I can sort it out I'll have to use the printer scanner.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2012, 09:46:16 AM »

Good morning!  I'm up.  Actually I have been up for about three hours now; but after two cups of coffee, my brain has now engaged.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Doug R

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 10:02:26 AM »

About 60 office chairs were delivered to one of my neighbours early this morning. It's a smallish house so I have no idea what they want with all those chairs. I know they haven't got a room big enough to put them all in.

I love mysteries!

It looks as if there's going to be a party at the house. They must be having a game of musical chairs. Obviously I haven't been invited and I probably won't get any sleep with all the noise.

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2012, 10:05:53 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Our household was stirring by 10am and I went for a haircut at 11:30.  Mary Linda and I are now watching Miami v. Ohio State - Go, Redhawks!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Our household was stirring by 10am and I went for a haircut at 11:30.  Mary Linda and I are now watching Miami v. Ohio State - Go, Redhawks!

I am watching Ohio vs. Penn State, only because it is one of the only football games I can find on my TV starting at 9:00 a.m.  Frankly, I am a bit surprised that ESPN is showing a Penn State game, especially kicking off the college season.
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 10:23:56 AM »

Last night, I saw an amazing production of Ragtime.  When I first saw the production, I was not impressed.  Too much going on, and it was very difficult to watch.  I saw it locally 7 years ago, which was a bit better, but not much because it wasn't cast well.  Well, last night, I saw this show in a rather small space (199 seats) with a cast of 55 and a band of 14.  Finally, I'm able to enjoy the story without the hindrance of an overly designed set or not-so-great leads.  Maybe one of the best things I've seen locally in a long time. 

FJL

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 10:27:28 AM »

Frankly, I am a bit surprised that ESPN is showing a Penn State game, especially kicking off the college season.

Maybe it's taking a stand to recognize that not a single one of the current Penn State students on the team had anything to do with the scandal nor should any of the students who are playing on the team today have to be held responsible or be penalized for the actions of those three or four people who did the disgraceful acts.

Or,as some cynics have said, maybe it was a ratings decision justified by the above rationale - who knows?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 10:31:14 AM »

I'm up and only got up once the entire night - very good!  I got nine hours and am starting to feel better.  I think I may hold the jog until after I eat, or maybe I'll just gird my loins and go now.

FJL

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 10:31:20 AM »

Last night, I saw an amazing production of Ragtime.  When I first saw the production, I was not impressed.  Too much going on, and it was very difficult to watch.  I saw it locally 7 years ago, which was a bit better, but not much because it wasn't cast well.  Well, last night, I saw this show in a rather small space (199 seats) with a cast of 55 and a band of 14.  Finally, I'm able to enjoy the story without the hindrance of an overly designed set or not-so-great leads.  Maybe one of the best things I've seen locally in a long time. 

Wow, 199 seats as a maximum audience potential if they even sell out - and with 69 performers, I assume 25 personnel working the show - how does one begin to make the economics work on such a situation?  More power to them if they can budget for that! Wow!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 10:32:13 AM »

One treat from last night - in attendance was dancer Jean Veloz and she and a dance partner did a dance routine to the delight of everyone.  And let me tell you, at eighty-eight she was pretty damn amazing.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 10:33:08 AM »

Frankly, I am a bit surprised that ESPN is showing a Penn State game, especially kicking off the college season.

Maybe it's taking a stand to recognize that not a single one of the current Penn State students on the team had anything to do with the scandal nor should any of the students who are playing on the team today have to be held responsible or be penalized for the actions of those three or four people who did the disgraceful acts.

Or,as some cynics have said, maybe it was a ratings decision justified by the above rationale - who knows?

Fred, I totally agree with you.  However, all of the current students and staff are being punished for past mistakes; so I am surprised that they would allow Penn State to receive the big bucks for appearing in a nationally televised game.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 10:34:13 AM »

I am watching Ohio vs. Penn State, only because it is one of the only football games I can find on my TV starting at 9:00 a.m.  Frankly, I am a bit surprised that ESPN is showing a Penn State game, especially kicking off the college season.

DR TCB, Mary Linda and I were wondering if anything was said about this being the first Penn State game since the death of Joe Paterno?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 10:36:56 AM »

DR TCB, Mary Linda and I were wondering if anything was said about this being the first Penn State game since the death of Joe Paterno?

Unfortunately, I didn't turn on the game until after it was under way.  They may have said something at the beginning, but nothing since I tuned in.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 10:40:34 AM »

Wow, I just got an e-mail promising to cut twenty years off of my wrinkles in one week!  If I buy two bottles, can I cut forty years?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 10:41:03 AM »

So, how are the Bobcats doing?

Michael

« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:28 AM »

Good afternoon to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 10:43:49 AM »

Wow, 199 seats as a maximum audience potential if they even sell out - and with 69 performers, I assume 25 personnel working the show - how does one begin to make the economics work on such a situation?  More power to them if they can budget for that! Wow!

This was a community theatre production, with one AEA actor. 

Michael

« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »

Max Bygraves has died at the age of 89.

In case our North American readers are not familiar with Max Bygraves he was in the musical Do Re Mi in London playing the role that Phil Silvers did on Broadway.

Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up