Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE INVASION OF THE FALLING ORANGE BALLS  (Read 38337 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE INVASION OF THE FALLING ORANGE BALLS
« on: September 04, 2012, 11:45:14 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of falling orange balls, and now it is time for you to post until the falling orange cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE INVASION OF THE FALLING ORANGE BALLS
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »

And the word of the day is: RAMOSE!

Danise

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:39:05 AM »

Good morning all!  First Post!

Sorry I haven't been posting.  Just not much going on right now.

I did notice that they put the 50 best moments of the AC show up  (on Facebook --sorry BK) as he is counting down to the new season.  I was not one of them but they did show the guy with the car.  I guess they know that nothing is being done in my case and don't want to point at it.

it's been a month since the last time I heard from anyone.  So much for the guy who was going to draw my kitchen and send it to me.  When I went over to Lowes (back when I thought I was going to get my money from Turner or the state), I had them draw 2 versions of the kitchen.  It took all of an hour so I know  that even if he set aside 30 minutes, he could have had the drawing done a long, long time ago. 

I hate to say it but it's been six months now and I am very disappointed.   

Vibes to all who need them.

Have a wonder filled day all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ben

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 03:46:23 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 03:46:56 AM »

Hey, Danise, sorry to hear that things are moving so slowly. Is there someone at Angie's List that you can contact?

Ben

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 03:48:07 AM »

It's muggy and warm in New York. We have sporadic rain. The humidity is 91% and the temperature is 76 and rising. The AC (not Anderson Cooper) is not working full blast at the office and I wish it was. I'm sweating.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »

Good morning, all! I awoke around 2:25 this morning, and remained awake until 3:45 or so. My last dream was about beng at the Library of Congress and looking at Rodgers & Hart discoveries. I will be a zombie around noon from lack of sleep.

As Ben reported, it will be another hot, humid miserable day in Manhattan. I wll shortly leave for Toyland to await an Office Depot delivery. After that, U'll hit the pharmacy for the month's meds before I head home. Hopefully, we'll have word on a date for the AC, although I'm not holding my breath that it will happen this week

More coffee.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 04:56:58 AM »

Good morning, all.

Just caught up with the last of yesterday's posts, as I had been blindsided by allergies yesterday and crapped out quite early.  Part of my problem was that I reacted too late to the horrible air quality yesterday, as just referenced by DR Ben.  It was cool-ish and I didn't feel like shutting everything tight and running the a/c.  But that's exactly what I should have done, as the "conditioned" air would have alleviated quite a bit of the sniffling and sneezing misery.  But I finally did so and the evening was comfortable, and I took the opportunity to just sit and listen to FOLLIES on the good system (always a treat after having last listened to something in the car, which is what I'd done over the weekend)...after which, lo and behold, I found myself compelled to pick up Ted Chapin's book to flip through for pictures and whatnot.  But then, lo and behold (except this time I think it should be behold and lo), I found myself thinking:  well, I'll read the foreword and the introduction to dip my toes into the water, and they were so good that I got halfway through chapter one before getting sleepy enough to call it quits for the night.  I am SO glad I took that step.  The book is wonderful, as many of you know.  I have a couple of things I need to finish in the reading department, and then I shall go ahead with it.  And I shall keep listening.  I guess I knew what I was talking about when, even before receiving BK's remix, I said I would treat this historic moment as my golden opportunity to dive into the show.  And that is being accomplished, in spades.

My, that was a long paragraph.  And I haven't even gotten to the part where I'm HORRIFIED at reading of BK's SPIDER.  Oh, there it is.  I'm there now.  At the spider.  HORRIFIED, I tell you.  If a spider suddenly fell on me or my keyboard or anything else, I'd have to move out of the house.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 05:04:52 AM »

DR George, I do not remember the warm up number in the Playbill.com video. I wonder if it's a substitution?

Thanks for posting it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 05:06:10 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I blame Zac Young.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 05:08:12 AM »

Otherwise, I need to get ready for today's rounds of auditions. Yesterday was a an open call, and since the turnout was relatively low, we were done by 1:00pm. However, this morning we are seeing agent's submission, and this afternoon will be callbacks. Hopefully, the A/C in the rehearsal hall will be working properly today. It was a little muggy yesterday.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 05:09:16 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

Related to a previous Topic of the Day...

Are there any Made-For-TV Movies that you think could be the basis for a Stage Musical?

And...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:09 AM »

ASK BK Day - Part Deux...

-And I think that may have been asked and answered before, but...

Are there any (pre-existing) Stage Musicals that you think would work on the Small Screen?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 05:10:34 AM »

And now for some coffee and a subway trip down to 35th Street.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:25 AM »

Playing For the Auditions and air conditioning vibes for DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 05:13:51 AM »

DR TCB - we open on September 13.  And now they are talking about not having a stage manager.....

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 05:16:10 AM »

DR George, I do not remember the warm up number in the Playbill.com video. I wonder if it's a substitution?

Thanks for posting it.

DR elmore and DR George - They switch up the pre-show set regularly. This allows for some variety, as well as to allow some flexibility for the cast members should someone need to "sit out" the pre-show or if an understudy is on. And, apparently, they also learn new tunes from time to time to keep things fresh. -And there are some impromptu and not-so-impromptu jams post-show jam sessions at the local Irish pubs around Times Square.

As for the video that was posted on Playbill.com - I love me some Anne Nathan. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:50 AM »

DR TCB - we open on September 13.  And now they are talking about not having a stage manager.....

How can you do a show, even a community theatre production, without a Stage Manager???!!!???!!!???!!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 06:05:53 AM »

Good morning, all.

Thanks, Jose. I now want Ants on a Log. Heck, I'd take bone marrow for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

Vibes to all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Kerry

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 06:37:18 AM »

Good morning!

TOD:  Re: BRAODWAY that you just watched.  What was the cute melodic love song that you liked in that movie?  Had you heard (or heard of) any of the other songs in the film?
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »

Greetings from Toyland! I have hanged the new clock, and I am having a little breakfast. Then it's back to "Willie the Weeper."

John G.

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

I'm listening to the new "Evita" and am seriously underwhelmed. I think Ricky Martin would be more suited to play Mabel in "Pirates of Penzance," than Che. There is next to no emotion whatsoever in his performance. The only color is a Spanish pronunciation to a few words here and there.

And Jose, you mentioned the accordion in "The Gershwins' P&B," but it's more irritating, even if appropriate here. Maybe it's because I like real Argentine accordion, as opposed to faux Argentine jazz hands orchestrations.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:25 AM »

That's a good question DR BEN....

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 07:31:37 AM »

And the word of the day is: RAMOSE!

And The Song Of The Day Is: DON'T SIT UNDER THE APPLE TREE(WITH ANYONE ELSE BUT ME)

MBarnum

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:46 AM »

There is a lot of food stuck in my keyboard. That is all.

MBarnum

« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:38:15 AM »

No that is not all.

The Lonesome set that BK is so interested in is also available on DVD. Thinking I might need to pick that up one of these days.

And looking at November's line-up on TCM I see that Sunrise is playing. I shall watch it..

Laura

« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 08:00:08 AM »

BK, the type of palm trees we have out here drop little black things like peppercorns. They the things sprout, and I am forever pulling palm seedlings out of my yard.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I'm easing into the day and getting ready to go pick up my Mom's shopping list and go shopping for her.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 08:18:44 AM »

This was big news many years ago. I don't remember it, but my sister was in Miss Sherri's Romper Room class.

http://www.azfamily.com/news/local/Phoenix-woman-says-drug-manufacturers-apology-is-50-years-overdue-168570266.html

John G.

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up